Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Okada, Kazuya. Subj: Business and the Embargo.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: AT.png]

Good day, mister Kazuya.

I feel a separate channel would be good for discussing the problem at hand, and I'm glad to see at least someone still has sense.

I must admit, the move to put all dealings on hold is drastic, but I feel it is currently necessary. It is harsh, for all parties, including Ageira, but it'll serve as proving a point to Kusari as well as Liberty. When we can no longer agree with each other, we both suffer. Someone, somewhere will make this connection, and will seek to mend broken friendships.

As for alternative means to maintaining the gates and lanes-- I would advise against combining Ageira technology with anything the Gallics have produced. I would not wish it upon anyone for a Gate to detonate due to faulty or incompatible parts. The results would be catastrophic, if not just downright costly. I'm well aware that this Solar Engineering has created their own gates and lanes, but their only option would be producing an entirely new network, which would take years of effort to build what Ageira has already established. That and a blinding amount of credits. After Kusaris various wars, I feel like it would be an incredibly unwise investment.

But you are very correct. My choice is not good for anyone, and I pray that it will only be temporary.

My plea to Liberty will come soon.

And as it stands, we will be hard-pressed for proper fueling at any reasonable pricing in the near future. If we could have a supply of H-fuel that's reliable, without having to bow down to your Government, then Ageira would be, by far, easier to work with. Projections have already estimated costs of export into the furthest parts of Kusari to quadruple with fuel costs, and it's just impossible to ask us to continue business by then.

I indeed hope we can find a happy medium.

Until then.

Michael Edridge
CEO of Ageira Technologies
[Image: Okada2Top.png]

Mr. Edridge-san.
I agree with you that replacing the gate and lane network would be a costly endeavor that will set Kusari back.
However as I have previously stated, it is a move that when given no choice, is something they will indeed take.
The cost would be immense and the pain for Kusari would be great indeed.
However there is a far more serious side to this, one that has further reaching implications then the cost.

That is a Gallia based network within Kusari.
You see of course Kusari could not afford to pay for this up front, instead a payment arrangement would no doubt be arranged that would allow Gallia to reach into Kusari with it's influence while at the same time reducing Liberty to just one war torn trade partner with only half a house among their four neighbors.

You must understand that Gallic influence on Kusari is something that is very counter productive to Samura's plans.
Not only this, but it is very counter productive to Liberty's good fortune.

Nay we must rise above what is happening here and direct our efforts to the long run.
Our responsibility is to the people, not the governments in power.
Trade between Liberty and Kusari must continue, it can not be allowed to be stifled.
While we should be working to bring these two governments together, I fear that your actions will help to further separate them.

No doubt Gallia will be looking on with great anticipation as Liberty's economic security is further strained.
You must understand that the Gallic economy is massive, if given the choice to trade with both, Kusari will of course continue that.
However if they are forced to choose, I am sorry to say that the Gallic market has a larger profit and opportunity than the Liberty market at present.

It is important to not only yourselves, but also to Samura that Liberty remain strong enough to fight the Gallic threat.
I am at your disposal for the purposes of working out an arrangement that may bring a swift end to this situation.
As such I will be heading down to Liberty and request accommodation from yourselves to help expediate this conclusion.

I am sure there is much we can discuss to help both of our corporations through this as well as bring these two governments to the table.

Sayonara,
Okada Kazuya.

[Image: Okada1Bot.png]

Hello again, mister Kazuya.

I must apologize for my delayed response, first and foremost.

Indeed, you are correct. Trade must continue, lest Gallia makes it move, sensing that Kusari is in a weaker position than previous. I know all too well of the threat lurking over our shoulder at any given moment.

As for a solution? I may have devised a temporary fix, at least to prevent a total monetary loss for us.

Kusari is still trusting of you and your employees, and they have in fact stated that, even if it's limited, they'll be allowing you to transport H-fuel into Liberty. If you keep it off of the record, Ageira would be willing to purchase fuel hauled in from you for market price, as well as a bit of a premium, as repayment for any risks involved.

Our profits to Bretonia are slowly diving with the fuel panic that's starting here in Liberty, driving prices up. We're making nothing from Kusari, and already we're starting to feel the strain.

Kusari is vast, and while we have profitable routes, they're deep in Kusari space. The cost of fuel just to reach a proper location to purchase more would already be high. So I'm certain by now you understand our need for a direct, reliable source that isn't from Liberty.

If we can rely on you for this, we can begin trade again.

If this is not possible, I feel our only other solution would be to offload at a mid-point, and leave it up to you to finish the trip. This is not preferred.

If you know of any other way we may continue business again, we would be incredibly happy to hear about it.

Thank you.

Michael Edridge
CEO of Ageira Technologies
[Image: Okada2Top.png]

Mr. Edridge-san.
I understand the difficulties facing your company and I sympathise.
This embargo between our nations presents many obstacles and I do hope that our governments can come to an agreement sooner rather than later.
For now though, we must work with what we have.

The stipulations of the embargo clearly allow Kusari native corporations to move small amounts of He3 to Liberty, this is a reasonable stance since it does not cause too much harm to our mining operations and indeed we get to reap the benefits that the higher demand will cause.
However it does not allow the finished product "H-Fuel" to be shipped.
While the shipping of He3 will help ease your burden slightly, we can not achieve the same market saturation that we could with H-Fuel.
I believe this is also intentional.

If we were to ship the finished product to your borders, we would be in direct violation of the terms of the embargo and may face criminal charges from the the Kusari Republic.
Samura takes our duty to Kusari very seriously.
We understand our guiding principles as laid down by Samura Masamune in five P.A. and stick to them without fault.
These principles outline our duty to Kusari and service to the people, they have our complete and unyielding loyalty that is without doubt and is absolute.

Having said this, our loyalty is to the people of Kusari.
It stands above any government or regulatory body.
As such we are willing to entertain this idea and agree with your request in principle.

The Gate/lane network must remain strong in Kusari, it is imperative that we do not allow the Gallics this invitation into my homeland, it is also imperative that Liberty remain strong to fight the Gallic offensive that is soon to be in your nation.
Samura will continue to do everything in our power to keep the Gallic influence out of Kusari, this has hopefully the added benefit of protecting your northern borders and allowing your nation to solidify their defense to the south.

We must state however that Samura is unable to fuel the Liberty market in it's entirety.
Although our gas mining operations are improving with each day, I am afraid that we are just not capable of doing so.
As such your nation will be needing additional routes to alternative H-Fuel markets.
We wish Liberty luck in relation to their business dealings.

Perhaps now is the time to talk about how this situation can benefit both our corporations.
As I said, our operations within Kusari are not currently up to the volume needed to handle fueling the entire Liberty market.
We are increasing all the time but any chance we have to hasten the project is a boon not only to Samura but Liberty as well.

You see Liberty's defense is likely to last for some time and they will no doubt need H-Fuel through the entire endeavor, it is only a matter of time before the Kingdom of Gallia look to try and put as much pressure on this supply line as possible.
As Kusari becomes more and more compromised by this house, their ability will only increase.

As such Liberty will benefit from not only a friendly entity trying to supply their needs but also the more competitive prices that a perfect market competition model will bring.

Because of this, Samura will be willing to ship H-Fuel in such amounts as we can muster, directly to Ageira in return for a mutually beneficial agreement of a technological partnership between our corporations in regards to increasing the efficiency of Samura based gas mining technology.
We can consider this an investment in the future of both our corporations.

How Ageira uses this fuel is not Samura's concern, we will be supplying a Liberty corporation, not the government.
Ageira may on-sell the product, maintain direct control or hire contractors as they see fit to deal with the product once it has been delivered to Ageira Technologies.

Looking forwards to your reply.
Sayonara,
Okada Kazuya.

[Image: Okada1Bot.png]
[Image: samuraclear1.png]
***Retransmitting***

***Retransmitting***

***Retransmitting for final time.***