Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: OSI; Omega 49 Zoners - Sbj: Real Estate on Planet Gran Canaria
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: vWub4oP.png]

Greetings-

My name is Will Dorrs, one of the executives of IND here at Wall Street Station. As you know, many within our organization once were or continue to be investors and venture capitalists, as well as business magnates or industrialists. As such, it should come to no surprise to you or anyone that is familiar with us when we are looking for investment possibilities.

Now, with that said, what I am looking for specifically is Real Estate on Planet Gran Canaria. Ideally this will be in the manner of land on or near any rivers, lakes, oceans, or even in some of the cities. I am also open to the more confined and populated locales, such as condominiums or even high rise towers themselves with residential suites included.

Should such locations or buildings be available, I would like to start negotiations promptly for us to acquire them, or if absolutely necessary, lease them. Rest assured, there is no nefarious goal behind such acquisitions. In fact, quite the opposite. We would like to create more of a market for the affluent and wealthy regarding vacation homes or a change in location from the more confining and populated areas within Sirius. As such, this would not only provide them services and comforts, but would provide the commerce and economy on Gran Canaria, and for the OSI/Zoner there, a steady increase. Surely you can see the benefits of such.

I await your comm, and hope that this may spark the beginning of a most beneficial arrangement.

Dorrs out

[Image: zoHNndx.png]
*incoming transmission*
Comm ID: [TAZ]Doc.Holliday
To: Mr. Will Dorrs

Kallisti, Mr. Dorrs,

I am responding not as the administrator of TAZ but as a full time resident here on Gran Canaria. I read your transmission with great concern. You speak of prime property along waterfronts, condominiums and high rise towers and such. I see someone looking to scoop up some land to purchase, develope and encroach upon those of us who have found a largely peaceful existence without building more than we need to live.

You will find that much of the planet is used for agriculture with only a light amount of industry. We prefer to keep it that way. If you want to know why, look at planet Leeds or the Dresden system as an example of what we don't want.

There is also the diplomatic front. if a foreign investor were to buy up a lot of the planet, it would cause a rift for the Zoner population from others who visit, others who are not, shall we say, of the peaceful nature that we are. We have bent to the wishes of others before only to bring problems upon ourselves with rival groups fighting each other as they try dragging us into the middle. I have more files than you have skin cells of death certificates and medical information to back up my claim, most of that Zoner.

And it's not about credits either. Contrary to what you might here, wealth isn't what we're about, well, at least not me. Most of what I make goes to Med Force Enterprises or the Temple of Eris.

I am sorry, Sir, but I'm not sure that I support your endeavours.

With respect,
Dr. John Henry Holliday

Hello there Mr. Holliday,

I must say I am surprised to hear from you! I have heard of you and your famous "Med Force One" and all the help you have provided the citizens around Sirius, but never expected to hear from you regarding this.

Now, in regards to my earlier transmission, nothing could be further from the truth, I assure you. The reason I have sought out Gran Canaria is not for some new extravagant high rise, or industrial center. In fact quite the opposite. It is because of its amount of agriculture and peaceful surroundings that it is appealing. You see, many of those who live in such industrial metropolises like Planet Manhatten, or Planet New Berlin, are constantly surrounded by industry and the chaotic rush of things. Many of these people want a change of pace, a getaway so to speak. I aim to help in that.

I am in the process of embarking on a new venture, in providing people with beautiful vacation homes or even permanent residences that offer gorgeous views, peaceful surroundings, and a more private means of living. Where you can walk out of your home, into lush grass, and enjoy a stunning view of a lake or river. A view that won't be shrouded by smoke or tall buildings, or the constant intruding gaze of others.

That is why my sight is set on Gran Canaria as one such place. The mention of high rise towers was a means to have luxury condo's in an already pre-existing building, not a new one built.

I hope that alleviates any misconceptions regarding my intentions. I await word from you.

Dorrs out

[Image: kelly.png]

Dear Mr. Dorrs

While you are very welcomed guests at Gran Canaria, we would like to keep you as guests of our beautiful planet and not it's new owners. Yes, indeed I'm exaggerating. But I'm also putting the finger on what is bothering our people. While being cherished as an outstanding business partner, IND is, and will remain for the foreseeable future, exactly that: A business partner.

You have to understand the very spirit of what drove people to live here. It was, quite frankly, to get away from the likes of you. The settlers of Gran Canaria are people who wanted to get away from the over-crowded, over-regulated and over-industrialized systems. And now the prime exporter of industrialization and in its wake millions of people following the false promises of a better life, is trying to get a foothold on Gran Canaria.

And while your investors may indeed visit and stay at the existing hotels on Gran Canaria, I, as born Libertonian, know exactly what can of worms will be opened, if we allow building of a special resort to tend to such tourists on our Planet. Just the infrastructure and logistic behind fulfilling such peoples whims and wishes is, to put it mildly, maddening and we haven't even touched their everyday needs.

Therefore, whatever your plans with our planet is, it will undoubtedly involve sacrificing large areas of our beautiful landscape just to allow IND to make even more money, be it by selling their services or profiting from boosted productivity because of your people's stay on Gran Canaria.

Consequently, neither OSI nor the people of Gran Canaria can, with good conscience, allow IND to purchase land for any reason. And while I do feel like having to explain what makes OSI so different from IND, I fear, that it requires the understanding of what it truly means to be a Zoner.

Best regards
Jason Kelly
CEO of Omicron Supply Industries

[Image: transmissionbottom.png]

Hello there Mr. Kelly,

A pleasure to hear from the CEO of OSI. Apologies also for any misconceptions I or anyone may have had.

While I do understand where you are coming from, it seems yet again I was unclear in my messages, and for that I do apologize. You see, I do not wish to open up a resort. In my mind, that is inviting the type of people who would wish to encroach upon the people living there already, and would be inviting the type of people or way of life that you and the Zoners have left. Again, it is precisely that reason for which I am so intrigued by Gran Canaria.

So let me be blunt and straight to the point. I do not wish to build a resort. I do not wish to disturb the way of life already established there. What I do want is this: To provide people wishing to escape from the troubles in life by leasing or purchasing a home or residence that has been been custom designed by our designers here and at the Renzu corporation. A place that they can stay and enjoy not being surrounded by other people. A true sanctuary and private residence.

For example, I have one such mockup that I had our designers made, that is an example. Keep in mind, this is not a set design, nor is it what would be built there. It is more to show you my vision:

[Image: Wiv4ADD.png]

As you can see here, this mockup is of a secluded house, modern in design, offering a wonderful view of a river and forest, with limited access. By no means is this the design I am planning mind you, but more an example of the locale and prospect. Regardless, it would not be "over-crowded, over-regulated, or over-industrialized" as you so eloquently put it. Nor is it something that I wish to grow beyond the confines of small, selected areas. I wish it to remain preserved and remote.

So you see, you have me all wrong. I do not wish to gain a foothold on Gran Canaria to exploit her. The only foothold I wish to gain is that of allowing a small few beautiful homes to relax and escape the pressures of normal Sirian life.

Now that you know what I am looking for, I do hope that you will change your mind, and trust that I am not some evil corporate mogul who seeks to ruin or exploit the lands and people on Gran Canaria. I just want to provide a means for people to enjoy a peaceful hint of life, even if temporarily.

Dorrs out

[Image: kelly.png]

Dear Mr. Dorrs

I must admit, the models you've shown are very beautiful and might be a great addition to the, albeit small, tourist sector of Gran Canaria. We know, that – like the residents here – your people love, nay need, to escape from the troubles of the life in house-space, if only for a few weeks at a time. Therefore, as I've said before, you and your fellow colleges are very welcome to visit and enjoy your stay at the existing Hotels, Holiday Homes, spas and amusement parks.

As for IND owning property on Gran Canaria: I am afraid, but there is no such thing as misconception or misunderstanding in this case. And even if there were, the answer would still be the same: No.

You mentioned that you're looking to build a sanctuary. Well, the whole planet Gran Canaria is a sanctuary, a Zoner sanctuary. A sanctuary for people trying to get away from the influence of big corporations like IND. And you asking to own property on our planet is asking us to give up our sanctuary, so you can have yours.

This may sound harsh, but while we do not expect you to understand the Zoner way of living and consequently do not hold a grudge against you for asking politely, we simply ask that you accept our equally polite refusal of your offer without bearing any resentment towards us.

Best regards
Jason Kelly
CEO of Omicron Supply Industries

[Image: transmissionbottom.png]

Greetings Mr. Kelly-

While I am saddened by your firm resolve to not allow such a venture be allowed in small sections on Gran Canaria, I do respect your decision and the ways of the Zoners. A pity, but not without merit.

Perhaps our paths will cross again one day and another venture that could benefit us both may present itself.

Dorrs out