Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Choosing my ID...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, so I've got a Liberty Assault Battlecruiser, and it decked out with weapons and shields and such...now what. I've got a Liberty Navy ID, but this means i can only roam the Liberty systems, and i don't want to be confined to Liberty for the rest of the game. I want to explore the universe, (the mod being discovery and all). So is there any ID i can acquire that will allow me to keep my nice ship:cool:, but also allow me to explore the universe and shoot down pirates and for all intensive purposes, the 'bad guys'?

Any ideas???
Capital ships are not exactly for exploration. Why did you get a capital ship at once?
You should have taken a smaller ship, go exploring, see how the factions work, and then maybe join one.

You shouldn't take an ID so it fits your ship, you should choose an ID from the faction that you like, and then choose a ship that fits that faction.

I suggest making a separate character, buying a fighter/bomber/SHF and going on an exploration trip.
In capital ship, especially BC, you'll just get stuck. And its boring.
Or he could just get a BHG tag and go on a faming-by-the-mouth universe wide ganking tour. Har har har har.

But yeah, "Choppah" is right, you should choose an ID based on your RP, not your ship. . . Oh, and i wasn't kidding about the whole BHG thing, it'll allow you to "see the universe", but you will have to get rid of the Liberty battlecruiser and get a BHG battlecruiser.
Zoner Destroyer.

Welcome pretty much anywhere.

Very maneuverable.

Liberty BC roaming is a bad idea.
The zoner dessy can't shoot "the bad guys", and he stated that he wanted to do just that while exploring.

I say that he should get a BHG tag and a BHG battlecruiser if that's what he wants to do, or get a small ship and a freelancer tag.
It can shoot nomads, which is good enough.

However for pirates, the BHG Battlecruiser is the best bet.

Most likely you will be called a capwhore in that ship though.
Normally, you should stick with Liberty. But you can go to borderworlds or other colonies/houses if you RP a spy mission or stuff like that. JUST NEVER DOCK THERE!!!
Spy with a Battlecruiser?
' Wrote:Spy with a Battlecruiser?
From a long distance in Nebula?
Long-range equipment. I see.

Would be better as a lone fighter infiltrating secretly. Long-range scanners, plus general intelligence would give away the location of a BC too easily.
Pages: 1 2