Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Captain of the Bronze.Swan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: dseincomming.png]

To whom it may concern,
  • Hello there, my name is Eva Johnson and I am part of Deep Space Engineerings legal team. It's with sadness I am writing to you who represents Samura Heavy Industries with a claim that you've broken Libertonian laws by taking unemployed persons from Pittsburgh with out the right credentials. This is in violation of Libertonian laws pertaining the transportation of 'slaves'. You were adamant you were in the right here, but you cannot be farther from the truth.

Not only does this contravene relations between Deep Space Engineering and our local law enforcement, but it strains the relations between our Houses ever so more.

What I am offering here is a chance to keep this out of the Justice system and settle this out of court. We're requiring a cash payment of $50,000,000 Sirian Credits (Fifty Million) to be wired to DSE)Ft.Knox with in 24 hours. Failure to comply will result in us taking legal measures to ensure you do not steal from us again.

I hope you understand the severity of your actions and move to remedy this situation promptly.

Eva Johnson
Legal Representative
Deep Space Engineering
-incoming transmission-
-source: <undisclosed>-
-subject: <not specified>-

Good day to you, Ms. Johnson.
Although I was informed you intended to contact me, I have to say it seems a bit unusual.
After all, if there's a legal issue regarding my passengers, I would expect it to be brought to the LPi. But seeing as you've offered to settle this, I suppose you have an interest in keeping this under the table?

Anyway. You insist my passengers were unlicensed, I believe they were not. Or at least I was assured this was the case when they embarked at Pittsburgh port.
Now, I can't pretend I know this with one hundred percent certainty, after all I could hardly check their IDs individually. I was informed they were laborers seeking their fortune in Rheinland.

If their legality was indeed, should I say - less than sound, I suppose I wouldn't be averse to some monetary solution to the issue.
However I have to say the demand you've issued, such a substantial sum to be paid to a corporate entity, strikes me as unusual. Indeed I must from my end question the legality of this demand.

Furthermore, I am quite perplexed at why you claim I "stole" from you. I really would like to know what you're referring to.

Of course I do not wish to upset relations between Deep Space Engineering or indeed the Republic of Liberty and independent Samura contractors like myself, but I'm going to need some more background here if we are to reach an understanding.

With all due respect;
Clarice Furukawa, captain of the Bronze Swan

-end transmission-
[Image: dseincomming.png]

Mr Furukawa,
  • Please find enclosed a secure link to our displaced persons empowerment program here, also known as the United Hope Foundation for Displaced Persons. You'll find that those 'passengers' were unfit for transporting out of the facilities upon which you were seen leaving as they had not attained their passports and gone from category 'slaves/unemployed persons' to 'passengers'. It is with strict adherence to Deep Space Engineering policies, in league with Liberty Law, that no soul shall leave our recuperation facilities unless taken by an official DSE) or GMG| tagged vessel to employment in the Gas Miners Guilds refineries in and around the Sigmas only, let alone be transported to a House we are at war with. Under no circumstances do we allow anyone, especially foreigners, to uptake these unfortunate individuals for their own profit.

The offer to settle the matter out of court is merely a chance to allow you to continue trading with Deep Space Engineering with out running the risk of facing criminal charges of theft of corporate property/assets, kidnapping and hauling contraband. Trust me when I say that these are very serious offences and I would encourage you to understand what is at stake here. Kusari is quick to shut down Libertonian shipping, and we are more than willing to return the favor to those who wish to break the laws of our House and disrespect what Deep Space Engineering is doing for the displaced people of Bretonia.

If you think you are innocent, then we will lay a complaint with the Liberty Police Incorporated and refuse docking rights to your vessel and transponders.

The ball is in your court, Mr Furukawa.

Eva Johnson
Legal Representative
Deep Space Engineering
-incoming transmission-
-source: <undisclosed>-
-subject: <not specified>-

Good day again.

First off, let me congratulate you on your highly commendable social engagement.
I read your brochure and it's satisfying to see the most unfortunate in our society getting a chance at rehabilitation, rather than falling victim to ruthless human traffickers that offer them false promises of secure jobs, only to have them hauled off from poorly-secured ports, with the sweet illusion of freedom still in their hearts.
And an excellent job you've done in choosing to partner up with the GMG, an organization widely considered a paradigm of accountability and compliance with common house law; particularly at their remote refineries.

I was however slightly disappointed that you considered it necessary to bring house politics into this. I assure you a humble transport captain such as myself had no part to play in the rash implementation of the Kusari embargo.
Additionally, while I understand the situation with Rheinland inevitably affects your policies, passenger flights between Rheinland and Liberty are not under embargo, thankfully. After all, many relations between individuals of the two houses, personal and business, need to be maintained.

Back to the matter at hand.
After some deliberation, I can understand your politely-made request and found it to not in any way resemble blackmail.
I suppose it isn't impossible that not all passengers were properly registered, and with the stake you have in the planet of their departure it's only fair that you'd wish for a traveler's tax of sorts.
Though I don't see a need to delve too deeply into the details, I do feel it necessary to mention that this is not an admission of guilt of the very grim charges laid upon me, and while I see the charge of kidnapping and hauling contraband as a simple misunderstanding, I am unsure of how the charge of "theft of corporate property/assets" came to be.
But these are just personal musings; I'm no lawyer so I suppose I'm simply ignorant of juristic language and its nuances. Since you're offering a simple settlement I suppose we can leave it at that and call it a done deal.
In that spirit, I have transferred the funds to the account provided.

I do greatly value the business opportunities your assets offer, particularly Planet Pittsburgh. The port bar is an underrated little gem of an honest, down-to-earth establishment, and the dockmasters have always been ever so helpful and cooperative. It's a location where business is quick to find and profitable for everyone involved, something I appreciate greatly.

Hopefully with this behind us I can continue to do healthy business with your wonderful company.

With all due respect;
Clarice Furukawa, captain of the Bronze Swan

-end transmission-