Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: What is considered fleeing...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Say, today I was in S-13 engaging in furthering the depths of my pockets when one of our pale little cousins showed up in a big boat. He took exception to my existence and tried to take my life. Well, all merry and dandy, but I had other plans for my little skin.

I thrusted away from him, EKing and firing CDs back at his general direction, hoping to get away with my Titan in one piece.

I took advantage of the gas clouds to try and lose him, hoping to finally shake him getting out of his sensors range. Now, from what I have managed to gather from the rules, fleeing is about activating cruise engines to get away from the fight. My original plan was to just lose the gunboat and stick around, trying to evade it. However, to avoid any confusion I've decided to just leave the system and be done with it.

My questions are: Is it fleeing when you outrun another ship using just thrusters? Can he catch up to fight using cruise engines while I'm not using them? I'm not saying that the guy did, he didn't, I'm just wondering.
Yup ... you were fleeing combat ... you gotta leave the system.

Fleeing includes the following (not necessarily all inclusive):
- engaging cruise
- docking on a planet or base
- jumping to another system
- thrustering out of gun range -- returning would fall under the shield running rule

Now ... the reason thrustering is considered fleeing is because there's been discussion on this ad nauseum (spelling). Since the guy chasing you would have to engage cruise at some point ... the loophole emerged ... "hey ... he engaged cruise ... he's fleeing." Wrongo ... you gotta consider the direction he's going when he hits cruise. If he's chasing you ... he's not fleeing. But by letter of the rule ... he would be considered fleeing. SO ... if you thrust away ... you ran ... leave the system and be done with it. He can still engage you if he finds you ... but you cannot re-engage for the 4 hours. Even if you don't call it fleeing ... you still shield ran.

Bottom line ... you "fled" ... read the definition ... flee - from Dictionary.com
As the wise Hoodlum used to say, it doesn't matter if you cruise out, thrust out or canoe out of the area. Its fleeing.

Get out fast.
What if you're being chased while running? Is it still fleeing? Could you turn and fight under the rules?
Guys, as much as I love the feedback, would anyone be able to point out that rule for me? Because this brings me to another question: What's the difference between fleeing and evasive maneuvers? I mean, up until how far can you go when you're maneuvering for a better angle?

And Baltar... What's with the tone, man? Let's be friends.
Uh thinking upon what I remember.

Thrusting or whatever about 2/3k I would consider fleeing. Once that happens, by the rules you have lost the fight. But if you turn back to engage, I hear that is shield running, which is an underhanded thing to do. I cannot remember if its illegal or not.

If you get cruise disrupted on the way out, and he gets close, I count is as the battle being continued, you tried to run and the attacker still wants to fight. If you defeat him YOU win. At least thats what I think.

As soon as you hit the Cruise engines, you lose. By law. But if you get CD'd, and you fight back I count it as the battle being continued or the fleeing failed.

It can be complicated on certain scenarios, I'd know.
' Wrote:What if you're being chased while running? Is it still fleeing? Could you turn and fight under the rules?

' Wrote:Guys, as much as I love the feedback, would anyone be able to point out that rule for me? Because this brings me to another question: What's the difference between fleeing and evasive maneuvers? I mean, up until how far can you go when you're maneuvering for a better angle?

I believe the rule you're looking for here is:

Quote:5.6 If a player engages cruise engine or docks during a PvP fight, this player is considered fleeing. The fleeing player must leave and may not re-enter the system where the fight took place with any of the characters on his/her account(s) while the enemy (player or players involved in the fight) remains in the system, but no more than 4 hours.

However, the fleeing player can re-engage at will if chased.

Note the last statement ... you have the right to defend yourself. If he chases you ... game's still on. If he lets you go ... you fled the fight.

Quote:And Baltar... What's with the tone, man? Let's be friends.

Sorry ... I get the same response when I pose questions and speak my mind. Its just that a lot of this stuff crops up over and over again. And there's always somebody trying to interpret things completely different than what they are.
' Wrote:Thrusting or whatever about 2/3k I would consider fleeing. Once that happens, by the rules you have lost the fight. But if you turn back to engage, I hear that is shield running, which is an underhanded thing to do. I cannot remember if its illegal or not.
Ugh, Fletcher. Where are you guys finding all this information in the rules. Please point that out to me, I'm at loss here.
' Wrote:And Baltar... What's with the tone, man? Let's be friends.

Yup, Baltar. You are neither an admin nor you do define anything here.
We got two encounters and every time you just started a discussion abount fleeing.
Example: A military vessel which stays in the vincinity of a station or vessel cannot considered fleeing anyway.
And mate please read this:
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20619
' Wrote:Ugh, Fletcher. Where are you guys finding all this information in the rules. Please point that out to me, I'm at loss here.

Here's the link you're looking for ... Discovery Server Rules

But you won't find Shield Running spelled out for ya there. It is a rule ... just isn't spelled out in there.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5