Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Bretonian Armed Forces Command
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
~Incoming Transmission~

--text only--

From: Libertonian civilian pilot Ethan Stanley of the XSS Vonnegut
To: Bretonian Armed Forces Command

Sirs, I am hesitant to bother you at a time of such great struggle but it was brought to my attention that I may have valuably unique information about the continued occupation of Leeds. I certainly would not want to withhold anything that might help the war effort, so I sent this message through the captain of the HMS Suffolk, who I have been collaborating with in recent weeks.

At great personal risk and in the interest of both freedom and humanitarian relief, I have been shuttling supplies and weapons to the planet Leeds, and returning with casualties and refugees. The captain of the HMS Suffolk has also been mustering volunteer infantry to reinforce the resistance movement on (and below) the surface. Many of them are originally from Leeds, wishing to fight for home and family. Some are looking to be covered in glory. All are patriots.

The supplies and evacuees I am able to carry in my small freighter are not enough to meet the need, and it can be overwhelming at times. Also, escaping and evading the frequent cruiser and gunboat patrols -not to mention dealing with the Mollys and Gaians scurrying to the same hiding spaces I am- can be harrowing. If I were a more capable combat pilot I would attempt a more direct approach in fighting the tyrannical Gallian fleet. But I am not, so I do what I can.

I have seen the occasional Bretonian fighter patrol, but they appear to be mostly reconnaissance. I have also encountered a Bretonian privateer vessel in the system, Hedgehog. The ratty vessel's reckless attacks on Gallian merchants and patrols have serendipitously aided in my retreat from the occupied system more than once. For the most part, the only real resistance in Leeds is planet-side. The Gallians have secured the system's abundant resources, but the planet isn't yielding. And as long as there are people there resisting, I will keep going back to aid them. To date, I have successfully delivered hundreds of pallets of food, arms, and other supplies to the surface, brought approximately 200 Bretonian marines into the fight, and evacuated hundreds of casualties and refugees. But the need is far greater and only small craft can safely land since the Gallian navy controls orbit.

I haven't any idea if this was information you would find useful or didn't already know. In any case, I and the crew of the Extraction and Supply Shuttle Vonnegut are at your great nation's service, in this hour of need. When the day comes when the Bretonian Armed Forces finally starts the push of taking the cabbage-smelling Gallians out of Sirius, you will find me on Leeds.

Sincerely,
Pilot Ethan Stanley
- Incoming Message -

-= Low Encryption =-

Priority: Low
To: Libertonian Civilian Pilot Ethan Stanley of the XSS Vonnegut
Subject: Reply

Thank you. We are notified.

Admiral George R. Hall

- Message Over -