Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: David Brenson - Starting Up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

QuinnZai

Time: 16:37pm SMT
Log entry: 01

I have decided to create a few logs about my life after recently finishing pilot school, as I am expecting to find plenty of adventure out there in space. Also, in-case I go missing, someone might find these logs and find out what happened to me. Simply put, I am a 21 year old guy, born and raised on Planet Los Angeles by the name of David Brenson. My parents were killed by... Oh wait, they are still alive and kicking. Kicking my ass that is. It was thanks to them that I was forced into piloting school and handed 25,000 credits with which I was told to buy a ship. For that many credits, I could only get my hands on a Stargazer "Zap-em" package deal which came with 2 Advanced Debilitators, 2 Heavy Flashpoints and some other basics. Nothing fancy but hey, I only needed this thing to get me through pilot school. Or at least that's what I thought.

[Image: Test2_zpsacd7642e.png]

After graduating and being kicked out of the house by my wonderful parents, I realised that I still didn't have enough credits to purchase something better. I was told by one of my pilot school buddies that I should head over to a bar named Pink Liquorice and look for some simple jobs from the local police department. Pink Liquorice, a strange name for a place cops like hanging out in. Anyway, I took his advice and flew on over there to see if I could grab myself a decent job. After a few minutes of checking the job board in the bar, I decided on this one:

[Image: Job1_zps94c19c3e.png]

I was told this job should be easy for new pilots. That it was a simple blow up their base mission which didn't require me to eliminate any Liberty Rogues I encountered during this mission. Plus I was to receive backup as I arrived at the location. So all I had to do was get in there and blow up this base the Rogues have been working on while they were distracted with the LPI backup. Seemed pretty simple to me.

The Large Space Station as I was cruising in:
[Image: Station_zpsfa451c4d.png]

As I got nearer to the base, it managed to hit my shields with a pulse turret which instantly took them down. Luckily my backup had just arrived and the Rogue ships flew off in their direction, leaving me to take out that base! I hit it with all I got, which wasn't much.

The base's destruction:
[Image: BlownUp_zps37c07afe.png]

Oh yeah, I blew that son of a gun completely away. But now the Rogue ships were on my tail and damaging my shields pretty quickly. The LPI units were no longer being engaged and were able to freely shoot at these guys. They were getting lit up pretty badly while I was dodging their fire as best I could. After gaining some distance, I hit my cruise engines and got the hell outta there. I wasn't being paid to destroy those ships so there was no way I would stick around for that battle.

After a couple minutes of cruising, I had managed to get back to the safety of Planet Los Angeles, where I docked and headed straight for the Pink Liquorice bar. I was still pretty shaken up from my first job of this kind so I walked on over to the bartender and asked for whiskey but he replied, "All we got is Liberty Ale".

QuinnZai

The following day.
Time: 15:21pm SMT
Log entry: 02

After a good night's rest, I decided to do some shopping and check out what the local ship dealer had available. Much to my amazement, there was a really cheap Civilian Freighter class ship for sale that would still leave me with enough credits for upgrades and cargo to haul in it. I had heard many rumors about how profitable trading commodities can be and that it can be pretty interesting traveling all around Sirius (And dangerous).

[Image: NewShip_zpsec865dff.png]

According to my Neural Net and the commodities they had available, Luxury Consumer Goods to Planet Erie would be a good starter for some quick credits. I made sure to get myself as much of the commodity as I could afford before leaving. After arriving safely at Erie and selling my cargo, I wasn't sure what to haul next so I went on over to one of the bars and began asking around. From what I could gather, going into the Ralston Ice Field behind Planet Erie and blasting some of the smaller asteroids, could drop raw Helium which you could tractor in and haul to Planet Miura in Okinawa for a really good price.

After mining a full load of Helium in the cloud, I set course for Planet Miura and had managed to get there with no issues. They really weren't joking when they said Helium fetches you a good price over here. I made a total of 2,714,580 credits in just one trip! That was some decent credits but I still needed a lot more if I wanted to get my hands on a Universal Armor Upgrade Mk VIII, so I did a few minor commodity runs between the Houses of Sirius which I have listed here:

Helium-3 from Shuri Base to Aland Shipyard: [-]
Robotics from Aland Shipyard to Planet Junyo: [-]
Pearls from Planet Junyo to Planet Erie: [-]

On the last run I ran into two Outcasts in Shikoku who demanded 3 million credits from me. I will admit, I did lie and said I did not have that much credits when in fact I had just a little over that. But I wasn't going to give away everything I had worked for up until now. It took them a moment on what to ask for next but they then asked for my shield batteries which I gladly gave them. I mean, 90 shield batteries only cost 18,000 credits which is nothing compared to 3 million or even my life. After the transaction, they let me go and even said have a nice day. Quite interesting.

New Balance: 3,690,406 credits

QuinnZai

Three days later.
Time: 21:43pm SMT
Log entry: 03

It's been a while since my last log. About three days to be exact. I have managed to accumulate quite a bit of credits via trading. I first of all got my hands on a Universal Armor Upgrade Mk VIII and replaced my freighter with a civilian transport, Gull class and then at a later stage when I had enough credits saved up, replaced that with a Heron class civilian transport. I would add all the trade routes I did in here, but it was way too many and I feel it would clutter up this log.

My Heron outside Planet Los Angeles:
[Image: Heron_zps7fb26e84.png]

I took some of the credits I have made to buy myself a second ship, a Starblazer. Which I had them deliver to Planet Los Angeles, where I had recently bought an apartment for a rather hefty sum. Although in my opinion, 6,750,000 credits is worth it to live on my home planet and be near my family. And yes, I bought this property off the LA Bank, it was apparently repossessed and being sold at a decent price for what it's worth.

[Image: Apartment_zps4527a27b.png]

I am gonna be keeping my Heron transport docked at Planet Los Angeles while I go traveling in my new Starblazer. Hopefully I can pick up on some minor jobs while moving around to maintain some form of income. I am not one of the best traders around, nor do I feel comfortable when flying these large and slow ships. I crave adventure and when I think of adventure, I think of battles and all sorts of fancy fighter craft. Looking forward to whatever the future holds for me.

New Balance: 9,290,778 credits