Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: The Commonwealth|Topic: consolidation of previous projects.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 5rp9qj2.png]

--[SourcePoint: Original subject matter====]

“As your memories may descry; over a year previous within the momentous memoirs of time we indulged ourselves in a pithy little debate over the fate of the Research Department’s (now the Pathfinder Institute’s) possible acquisition of a mobile, deep space analytics laboratory for the joint purpose of providing the Commonwealth, some stygian, astral sphincter in which to deposit our lamentable manpower surplus more productively than might be attained by merely venting the corpsewaste out of the nearest available airlock, mulching their fleshy shells into a fertillizational paste, or merely banking them as a walking investment on some Contarian estateland. Of course, you are aware of exactly what I am referring to.”

The Burgundian glares with a supine superiority at the camera, but you barely notice it. After all, it’s nothing that you’re not accustomed to, and every arch of a boot needs a neck to fit it to. Perhaps yours will suit the groove?

“...The suspect subject ever dissolving through our fingers is that of a… the… Corvo, which the departmental chiefs d’Autoine, myself and the late LeRoux have all sanctioned, but has never bore an existential fruit. Why? Because the capacity of such an asset has been already outpaced by the magnitude of the demand. In brief; our requirement for a scientific outpost possessive of a degree of workable manoeuvrability has outscaled that the corvo can offer. The matter is one of floorspace, purely.”

“…Well ami’s? I am open to suggestions as to the solution of this plight.”

"...Keep your brains a'wracked."

//expecting a minimum of four responses//

[Image: MF7w7K1.png]
[--.Tongueroxy node message received; User unidentified:.--]
[--.:Backtrack unavailable:.--]
[--.:Opening transmission; Voice-over included:.--]

"Excuse me for the rather peculiar way of sending a message through.. But nonetheless, into the matter at hand."

A slight pause, in between the sentences."

"First of all.. since the Corvo is no longer useful for this endeavour, how do you expect to maintain a larger vessel? Since the way you said it, it seems you're having problems with the amplitude of the ship."

"And to add up to the same fact, is one really a requirement? Unless you have an urge to streamline it through everyone's petty faces.. Well.. even though I'd rather see the people not get dumped into a seamless and endless stream of vacuum.. Is that really the only reason for one?"

"And I do hope money won't be an issue otherwise.. if this manages to succeed.. Or in the worst case scenario.. you yourself, losing the whole damn ship."

If one would pay attention, they would hear someone laugh with a really disrespecting tone for a moment. But it is not easily audible.

[--.:Message End:..--]
[--.:Connection closed; Proxy node turned off:.--]
Brody's datapad flashed. Even with the angle, he could tell it was Achilles smug grin as the image of the sender. He was sitting in the Sylvania Dome taking a break.

Great, what does he want out now.

He swiped the message up. It begins playing, the sounds of Achilles bravado echoing around him. It was nothing anyone there hadn't heard before.

Oh yeah, that. I forgot about that ship...

He was just relieved that Achille wasn't asking him to go to the ass end of nowhere for something "critical". Taking a sip of his drink, he swipes down to begin his reply.

===Incoming Transmission===
===Comm ID: David Brody===

"Truth be told, I forgot we even had such a ship. It was rather agreeable of you to not space the extra man power nor condemn them to the fields of orange however. That said, with it no longer being occupied it does present interesting opportunities."

He pauses to take another sip

"We do not need further beasts of burden as the Whales and other transports have that under control. I would suggest volunteering it for humanitarian operations but I don't want to be laughed out of the dome by you. We've already exceeded its capacity for scientific operations..."

He takes a moment to look up through the dome windows, pondering opportunities.

"So, what about a new venture then? What is something we can offer in this sector that no one offers in our general vicinity? That possibly no one offers anywhere? Something that we can take with us and offer to others, for a modest sum of credits."

He smiled. Achille was always up for a good profit.

"I'll do some thinking on it. If you'll excuse me, I have extremely time sensitive matters to attend to."

===Transmission Terminated===

He tossed the datapad to his side, grasped his drink and leaned back in his chair staring through the dome into the Tau-37 nebulas.
[Image: znu3pxX.png]

As the display comes to life, a man leans forward and adjusts the camera acuity so his face turns clear. A kusarian man in his early thirties is seen. He's wearing a white coat over grey denim trousers. On the coat's chest pocket, which holds two pens, the Commonwealth R'n'D symbol is appliquéd. Kenji Sato looks straight into the camera and begins to speak.

"In case you wonder why there's noise in the background: I'm having a little experiment with my intern."
, he said with an emotionless face, as hysterical laughter and screams are audible in the background.

"Now, it came to my attention earlier on already that the acquisition of a Corvo was suggested to serve as a traveling base and mobile research outpost."

Kenji paused for some seconds before he continued. You can still hear the terrible laughter in the background.

"I think of the underlying idea as a acceptable investment. However, I doubt that the equipment we need for extensive field inquiry would fit in such a small vessel as the Corvo is. Neither, it would provide us with enough firepower and armor, although that is more of a secondary aspect. That is, why I suggest that we should seek a ship model, which provides a decent armor plating aswell as the possibility to stay as long on the field as we need to.

He cleared his throat and concluded: In this case I suggest that we either acquire a 'Fearless' Destroyer or a 'Aquilion' Carrier. Both have their pros and cons; the destroyer being smaller and therefore agiler, the carrier having a greater armor and more space to install equipment."

"A third option would be to put a prototype of mine into operation. However, it might contain dangers to take it into business, as the system work only on paper. It is some sort of mobile base, however exponentially bigger than a ususal ship. A moveable station. In case you are interested, I will include it's blueprints in this message."

As he breaks off, the laughter suddenly stops.

"Excuse me, I will have to look for my intern."

Shortly before the screen fades out, a pop-up on your datapad shows up, containing the station's blueprints.

[Image: MF7w7K1.png]
Doctor Conway reviews the technical aspects of the problem, sitting in his office where he can do finger math and not be judged.
===============================================
Sender: Doctor Devious
To: Achille Augustin Nadeau
Re: Population

Any sane corporation would just lay people off. I mean, do you think they will sit there and starve? You will see them walk off the job well before that happens.

You could buy a tanker. There is enough potential floor space in that thing, as long as we deal with wall fabrication and such, you can do literally anything inside those things.

Otherwise, I've heard rumors from some political dissidents that those Hessians happen to have cruisers just sitting around as scrap. It sounds like one could just go steal one, or else buy one off them at a budget rate. Could be worth a look if you are dead set on having a warship for this.
===============================================