Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Liberty Navy Admiralty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
****INCOMING TRANSMISSION****

COMM ID: Captain Jane Hartman
TARGET ID: Admiralty Board
SUBJECT: 21CSG
ENCRYPTION: Moderate
PRIORITY: Low

Good Evening Sir/Ma'am,

Since assuming command of the logistics elements attached to the First Fleet, it has become apparent to me that the division of command associated with those units impairs operational efficiency. Namely, with the 103rd Orbital Lift reporting directly to Freighter Corps command, the 6th Heavy Lift radioing their reports to Logistics Headquarters and the various engineering and exploitation squadrons patching their reports and requests through their own chains of command, co-ordination has, frankly, become an nightmare. I'm finding myself placing requests for reports from Freighter Command that should have hit my desk directly weeks ago.

Consequently, I'm requesting permission to post the following operational support units directly under my command as part of 21CSG.
  • 103rd Orbital Lift Squadron
    • Current Division: Freighter Corps
      Dominant Craft:
    • DL-Hai "Grizzly"
  • 38th Transport Squadron
    • Current Division: Joint Freighter/Logistics Corps Command
      Dominant Craft:
    • DL-Hai "Grizzly"
    • C1 "Pelican"
    • C2 "Democritus"
  • 2nd Heavy Lift Squadron
    • Current Division: 21CSG
      Dominant Craft:
    • C5 "Bison"
  • 6th Heavy Lift Squadron
    • Current Division: Logistics Corps
      Dominant Craft:
    • EL-HiL51 "Mammoth"
  • 1st Auxiliary Squadron
    • Current Division: 21CSG
      Dominant Craft:
    • C34 "Revere"
  • 3rd Naval Construction Division
    • Current Division: 4th Naval Construction Battalion
      Dominant Craft:
    • AOE-2B "Guardian"
    • MCP-1 "Hercules"
    • DU5-7Y "Hegemon"

Grouping the units would simplify the chain of command for our people in the field, and allow me to get our ships where they need be, when they need to be there, instead of lodging a report requesting that it happen two weeks too late.

Additionally, with the need to maintain flow of supplies to Long Island Station through reasonably secure space, I'm requesting permission to look into the reactivation of the following unit:
  • 9th Heavy Lift Squadron
    • Current Division: None.
      Dominant Craft:
    • C4 "Mastodon"

For your consideration.

Regards,

Jane Hartman
Captain
Officer Commanding
21st Combat Support Group
Liberty Navy

Important: This communication remains the property of the Liberty Defence Forces and is subject to the jurisdiction of the Neural Net Communications Act 807A.S, Section 30. If you have received this message in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the communication.

****TRANSMISSION TERMINATED****

COMM ID: Admiral Alan Polstari
TARGET ID: Captain Jane Hartman
SUBJECT: RE: 21CSG
ENCRYPTION: Medium

Greetings, Captain Hartman.

Thank you for your report on the status of our logistical support elements. It is unfortunate that our various squadrons are so disparate in their tracking and reporting methodologies. Your revisions to the First Fleet Liberty Logistical Service is approved for all elements except the 9th Heavy Lift Squadron. I regret to inform you that they are grounded pending investigation by a government oversight committee. I believe cost to cargo efficiency and safety in combat were the primary concerns for this review. The 6th Heavy Lift Squadron should be sufficient to the task of supporting Long Island's logistical needs. Additionally, regular civilian supply is already encouraged with our open door policy for interested individuals. That should help lessen the load should the 6th be called forward to a combat zone. I look forward to seeing logistics become the organized and well oiled machine I know it has the potential to be, Captain.

Admiral Polstari, signing off.

COMM ID: Captain Jane Hartman
TARGET ID: Admiral Alan Polstari
SUBJECT: RE: 21CSG
ENCRYPTION: Moderate

Sir,

Understood, sir. While I'm disappointed at the state of the 9th, I'll make contact with the respective squadron commanders over the next few days. I'll have a complete summary of revisions and new unit taskings for transmission to existing units inside a week.

Hartman, out.