Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Loss of control in docking with TL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi... right now it more a question than a complaint: (names altered as *blank* and Obn)
How can my ship start docking with a trade lane by itself while in the middle of combat? And in a dock with a trade lane that I cant interupt ???
Whole story... Im in a rp feud with my -Zulu- character against the {*} CLan. Its about attacking me without givin a reason (before attack) in omikron alpha. To set things straight... I dont mind that.. its prefectly normal rp... Im a freelancer with lsf rep blinking at max... no problem...
But... I get back at {*}Obn by attacking him in texas, with a bunch of npc and player lsf nearby. Then something strange happens... my ship starts docking with a tradelane by itself, while Im targetting obn... my fingers were nowhere near f3... and then I cant interupt a dock with a tradelane... like Im in cinematic mode or something... and then I get killed by Obn while I cant dodge although we were doing well againt him and there was absolutely no reason for me to run.
Is that NORMAL??? Smells like a cheat to me. I talked to Obnx about it afterwards and he mentioned how I cant prove nothing to *blank*... admin that hosts this subject like I see now. Obn said I have no screenshots but he got some blabla... like he was a lawyer or something. True I dont have any cause Im a noob and dunno what I was suposed to screenshot in this situation anyway.
So... why and how did my ship start a non-interuptable dock with a tradelane while I was about to blow up {*}Obn ???
Zulu I was involved in that fight as =LSF=Fluid, first its pretty bad form to accuse someone of cheating with no evidence, second I feel you must be in error as to what happened. I've never cheated in my life but I've seen many cheats in game and I've never heard of one that takes control over your ship.

Next time you have a complaint of this nature ask the admins to investigate this privatley. I suggest you delete the player name you mentioned from the above post. You have no right to publically acuse this player of cheating.
If you activated the auto dock before reaching the trade lane, and then started flying around fighting, if you get too close to the trade lane the autopilot will take over. All you have to do to exit the autopilot is press the "escape" key on your keyboard and the autopilot will be aborted. There is no way that someone else took control of your ship.
Erm since the thread is relevant to the sanction...

Does that rule mean we can't mention an admins name at all or in relation to sanctions or rules?
' Wrote:Hi... right now it more a question than a complaint:
How can my ship start docking with a trade lane by itself while in the middle of combat? And in a dock with a trade lane that I cant interupt ???
Whole story... Im in a rp feud with my -Zulu- character against the {SOB} CLan. Its about attacking me without givin a reason (before attack) in omikron alpha. To set things straight... I dont mind that.. its prefectly normal rp... Im a freelancer with lsf rep blinking at max... no problem...
But... I get back at {SOB}Obnoxious1 by attacking him in texas, with a bunch of npc and player lsf nearby. Then something strange happens... my ship starts docking with a tradelane by itself, while Im targetting obnoxious... my fingers were nowhere near f3... and then I cant interupt a dock with a tradelane... like Im in cinematic mode or something... and then I get killed by Obnoxious while I cant dodge although we were doing well againt him and there was absolutely no reason for me to run.
Is that NORMAL??? Smells like a cheat to me. I talked to Obnx about it afterwards and he mentioned how I cant prove nothing to Xoria... admin that hosts this subject like I see now. Obnoxious1 said I have no screenshots but he got some blabla... like he was a lawyer or something. True I dont have any cause Im a noob and dunno what I was suposed to screenshot in this situation anyway.
So... why and how did my ship start a non-interuptable dock with a tradelane while I was about to blow up {SOB}Obnoxious1 ???
Btw... if Obn knew the name Xoria casue they are buddies and this post gets deleted... Im gonna point this out to other people.

I don't know what exactly your problem is Zulu & at this point, no longer care.
I was not in Alpha when you was killed , but if you took the time to read some of the storylines & histories behind the factions, you would know that a LSF tagged ship entering Alpha is pretty much good as dead anyway.
As far as the fight in Texas.. You fired on me, I fired back, you went boom. Why you went into dock mode is beyond me & I seriously do not like being accused of using some kind of cheat for you to use as an excuse of not being able to control your own game.
Your WAY out of context statement "I talked to Obnx about it afterwards and he mentioned how I cant prove nothing to Xoria..." was no were near what I said ( & yes, I have a screen shot of that as well) I said, I will submit this to Xoria & let him decide what to do with it. I will openly admit using an admins name in game was wrong & I did violate a rule & greatly apologize to Xoria for it. As far as I being buddies with him.. I don't even know him other than he is a respected admin & usually handles the sanctions & rule violations.
Thus is why I mistakingly used his name.

My suggestion to you is either avoid SOB all together ( & yes this includes pm'ing it's members in server & accusing them of all sorts of false crap because they shot you down) & I would seriously reconsider your quest in flaming an admin.

And to Xoria, again my apologize in this whole matter.
well... if naming someone here is against a rule... ok I wont do it again but someone recommend I go on a forum if I suspect cheating. If pressing escape would have stopped the dock I wouldnt have mentioned the whole thing. It didnt. Neither did pressing space or an icon with mouse. I cant imageine I activated dock before cause I had no reason to and if I did it doestn explain why I couldnt abort it. If Im being paranoid maybe but why does he say I gonna report you to *blank* and I have screenshots (why does he take screenshots beforehand when he gets attacked by a lsf freelancer and several police in texas while being a pirate?) and then here I see thats incidentally the admin responsibel for dockign attacks.
If a cheat or admin cant dock my ship ok Ill take your word for it... but the whole thing is still weird to me.
Please post what u took screenshots of and tell me why you took them, and tell me why you mentioned *blank*. All a coincidence?
We screen shot you every time we encounter you. You have insulted threatened and harassed myself and several others in SOB every time we have encountered you. we usually screen shot every PvP encounter to protect ourselves. We do not harass others and we do not like it when you do this to us. Yesterday after i took you out in Omicron 80 you harassed me for a good thirty minutes in PM and no i didn't screen shot it as i felt it wasn't worth the bother and did not know if what you did was against the rules. Besides i am not one to file a sanction report out of spite or for fun. But since then we will screen shot ALL conversations with you just to make sure you do not make false accusations like the one about Obnoxious cheating. You have made it very clear to all SOB members that you are our enemy so you will be treated as such in game.
ok I altered names, sorry for posting them. I already said its not the rp attacks why im writing but the 'coindidences', never seen docking behaviour, and because what you said sounded like 'the admins wont listen to you cause I know them and I know you cant prove this'
' Wrote:ok I altered names, sorry for posting them. I already said its not the rp attacks why im writing but the 'coindidences', never seen docking behaviour, and because what you said sounded like 'the admins wont listen to you cause I know them and I know you cant prove this'

What?
I never once said anything about proving squat. you claimed I cheated, I told you to stop whining you died fair & square, you went off on some paranoid delusion from there claiming to have me banned because you obviously cant figure your controls out, I mentioned I would let a admin I mistakingly named in server decide how to handle this & advised you I had screen shots of the conversation.

Now if I was some how magically able take control of your ship as you claim, I would have to have hacked your entire PC, took control of your OS (& unless your not running a firewall, that aint gonna happen) & With all the whining & insults you been PM'ing to members of SOB , I would have just fried your hard drive & be done with you.

just let it go already...

at grimmtooth: well... untill the moment I coincidentally lost total control of my ship just the moment I had a good chance of getting one of your gunboats after all your unprovoked 3 vs 1 attacks (which are part of the game to me just like the way I play my character is part of the game to me), I considered everything I did and said roleplay, just like what you said and did. If the admins say its impossible to cheat that way fine... but I never seen my ship behave like that except when I docked with a station and the black bars come up, and then it happens like 10 seconds before your gunboat blows.
Pages: 1 2