Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Violet Suns Faction Info & Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
History of The Violet Suns

Forged from the mind of a delusional Corsair man identified as Tuco "Diablos" Ramirez, the Violet Suns is a Cretan organization that was founded in 821 A.S originally built up on the ideals of a Meritocracy. Tuco, his younger brother Ramone, and several other Corsair pilots, including Eli Vorris, had come together in a pact of fortune, violence, and debauchery. Thus,the Violet Suns were born. Tuco spent a majority of the funds earned from smuggling Artifacts to Liberty on the Sun's flagship, dubbed "The Diablos"to accommodate for Tuco's huge ego.

The Sun's early day's were mostly filled with lying, cheating, piracy, and betrayal. Tuco had killed a majority of the Original members himself, after he had accused them of being "thieves and cheats". He later attempted to rebuild his empire through smuggling, recruiting the aid of two Corsair pilots, Sergio Gonzalez and Gutierez. Upon the return trip, Tuco stumbled across a lone Sabre in New London. It's engines had appeared to have malfunctioned, but the pilot inside seem unconcerned. He had tractored the vessel in to hear the man's story. Climbing aboard the Essedarius "Indio", the obvious Libertonian man Identified himself as "Hunt". Through several conversations that proceeded their meeting, Tuco and Hunt had become friends. Tuco took Hunt to Crete, to enjoy a drink in the bar until his ship was repaired.

Several drinks and card games later, Tuco was on a losing streak. His temper had flared, and he accused Hunt of cheating. Reaching for his sidearm, Tuco gasped, as a shot had pierced his chest. Hunt had fired first. Tuco fell to the ground, dead. By the tradition of the Suns, established by their now dead leader, Hunt had become head of the Suns.He accepted the position, seeing it as a great opportunity.

He began to make major changes, though Ramone had disagreed. Hunt reformed the Suns from a Meritocracy in to a Federalism, appointing himself head Councillor, Eli and Ramone as underlings. After successfully training an army, Hunt had set his eyes on the current war. He had planned to use his newly acquired resources to tip the balance towards Liberty. Unfortunately, Hunt had walked blindly in to breaking Cretan traditions. He himself was not a Corsair by blood, and when the Brotherhood addressed this, Hunt had respectfully stepped aside, appointing Javier Sanchez, his overweight idiotic First officer to command. Their former leader had remained close to serve as an adviser for the Suns and their operations, while simultaneously running an information trading network out of the Omicrons.

The Suns then maintained a firm hold over Omicron Gamma, Theta, and Sigma-17. Javier, their leader, was pressing to take Kappa, and pushing his forces deeper in to the Omicrons, in an attempt to increase their influence over Sirius. Eli Vorris, Second Councillor and Ace fighter pilot, ran the logistics of the Suns. He coordinated the smuggling operations on a massive scale. Ramone, left with a dead brother and third seat on the council, served only as an advisory and historical reference to the Violet Suns tattered beginnings.

The Fall of the Suns

The fall of the Suns came swiftly, starting with the loss of Tortuga, their home that was once hidden within the Omicron-91 system, at the hands of unknown individuals. Two members of the Violet Council perished on board, along with over two-hundred Suns pilots. Left with their flagship, Battleship Diablos, the battered Dreadnought Sombra, and a handful of fighter craft, the remnants held on to the past and began to rebuild. In August, 821 AS, Javier Sanchez suffered three fatal heart attacks, which ended his life on board the Battleship Diablos, thus bringing an end to the chain of leadership. Slowly over the course of months, the Violet Suns began to dissolve back in to the usual Corsair lifestyle, leaving behind their glorious history.

Present Day

Being one of the few surviving members of the Suns, Octavio Rojo gathered his brothers and friends together under their name. Working together, they forged a new flag, and a new goal, in the hopes to keep their name alive. The Violet Suns were reborn, searching to reclaim their lost honor and glorious past. The present day Suns have changed much, no longer consisting of a Council, but run by a single family.

The basics

ID/IFF: Corsair/Corsair
Technology usage: Corsair, Civilian.
Zone of Influence: Corsair (Sigmas, Omicrons, Omegas, part of Rheinland, Bretonia, Kusari.)
Diplomacy: Corsair
Base of Operations: Port Tortuga (Destroyed)
Flagship: Suns|Battleship.Diablos

Leadership

Suns|Octavio.Rojo 1iC - Vendetta
Suns|Esteban.Rojo 2iC - Technogeist
Suns|Raul.Rojo 3iC - MKIV Supra

Capital Assets

Suns|Battleship.Diablos - RTB
Suns|Dreadnought.Sombra - Damaged, active
Suns|Cruiser.Crusader - Destroyed
Suns|Cruiser.Monoblos - Destroyed

Faction Structure - Currently being re-written

Important Links - Currently being reviewed

// Please bear in mind this faction is undergoing total reconstruction. Some things listed above may not remain, may be edited, and changed at any time because that's how it works when you're rebuilding something.
ID? IFF? ZoI? Diplomacy? Technology?
(05-26-2014, 09:19 AM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]ID? IFF? ZoI? Diplomacy? Technology?

Corsair, Corsair, Corsair, Corsair, Corsair?
My first encounter after years of not interacting with Corsairs.

http://i.imgur.com/GePzftw.png

(yes)

Good show. Bless you, you magnificent bastards.
Didn't encounter one of you yet.I'm looking forward to it.
(05-26-2014, 09:19 AM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]ID? IFF? ZoI? Diplomacy? Technology?

I wrote all this up in 20 minutes at 4 AM. I definitely forgot to add that info. I'll get around to it, but Narc summed it up in to five fantastic words.
SO I just now realized the logo was half-arsed at 4 AM and still has some bits and pieces on it. If someone would be willing to get rid of any of the white bits that show along the edge of this, I'd be grateful. There's 10 mil in it for anyone who isn't lazy.

[Image: res3_zps4ba19f62.png]
ZOI/Operation area plus home system and base updated/added.
(05-31-2014, 04:01 AM)Violet Suns Wrote: [ -> ]We would like to suggest a full blockade of the Omicron Kappa Jumphole... [/color]

[Image: 50276120.jpg]

I say this not as an angry enemy but as a partner in the community. Don't do it, don't even think about it. You are not the first to have the great idea of blockade a hole and never ends well, is not seen with good eyes by anyone. Before you notice even the DSE will be thinking in send ships to destroy the station.

I warn you: Don't follow the path of the Zoner Aliance. Just don't do it.
We're not talking about a station. Basically just restricting traffic to Corsair raiding parties. Making it a temporary law to be enforced. I don't want to build a Jumphole blocking station. That's incredibly lame.

EDIT: To elaborate a little more, think of what the LN do with the Trade embargo to Rheinland. Preventing anything from going to Rheinland. It would be the same as that, only preventing non-corsair ships from going to Kappa and leaving. It's a regular naval tactic. Forcing traffic through a separate route, funneling you in to a choke point. Hitting you from one end (Gamma/Kappa) Giving you the option to retreat and circle through Theta, changing the playing field up a bit.
Pages: 1 2 3 4