Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Pirate Fleet Over Manhattan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Quote:We annihilated an entire Liberty fleet, excepting the Providence, with only one loss on our side, a solitary Sabre. Great work, all of you that fought with me. You listened to orders splendidly - the Navy heavily outgunned us, but we out-fought them, and our tactics were sound. It struck me that both the Darkwing gunboats and the Liberty Navy capital vessels had little to no coordination.

That is quite simply untrue. When you have 11 pirates descending upon you in gunboats and bombers, you have little to no chance to survive let alone win. So please do not make it sound better than it was. You had a large group of players that were capable of raping anything they came across, save a larger group.

That aside, it was a good fight overall. We knew we would lose before the fight began and once it did, knew for sure. Too many bombers for a poor Dreadnaught to cope with:rolleyes:
Nicely RP'ed too though the reason the Providence fled from the battle was mainly due to the player having to leave and I doubt you wanted the ship to F1 out mid battle.

A well deserved victory by the Unlawfuls though.

All in all, you hit us when we were weak and trounced us rather well. In the end, a fun night I think:)
Yeah I just came in at the end to see Zapp fighting a fleet solo, I arrived and immediatley got Gunboat missile spammed, I had to hug West Point to try to survive, the moment I left the facility I was hit again and again, not much fun losing all your guns while hardly being able to fire a shot in anger. Still at least I took the focus of Zapp for a short time so he could get a kill.

C'est la vie, God I hate missile Gunboats.
' Wrote:C'est la vie, God I hate missile Gunboats.

There weren't any missile gunboats in my crew. Even the Rogues don't stoop quite that low.

Perhaps the odd missile launcher on one of the gunboats around, but never an actual array.
' Wrote:There weren't any missile gunboats in my crew. Even the Rogues don't stoop quite that low.

Perhaps the odd missile launcher on one of the gunboats around, but never an actual array.

There was when I arrived, full missile set up..

[Image: t_screen424m_d1cdca4.png] [Image: t_screen426m_c34de99.png] [Image: t_screen432m_139c8a6.png]

From ariving till the point I had to bug out with 1 Hammer and a nuke mine left :DFull BD missile turrets FTW! :D

Personally I'd like to see the missile turrets removed from the mod, but I'm a VHF pilot so I am biased.
' Wrote:There was when I arrived, full missile set up..

[Image: t_screen424m_d1cdca4.png] [Image: t_screen426m_c34de99.png] [Image: t_screen432m_139c8a6.png]

From ariving till the point I had to bug out with 1 Hammer and a nuke mine left :DFull BD missile turrets FTW! :D

Personally I'd like to see the missile turrets removed from the mod, but I'm a VHF pilot so I am biased.

Oh, wow. Sorry about that, then. The LR frown upon missile boats, we find them in bad taste. I'll make sure such a problem doesn't crop up again.
' Wrote:Oh, wow. Sorry about that, then. The LR frown upon missile boats, we find them in bad taste. I'll make sure such a problem doesn't crop up again.

Not your fault, lawfuls have some of these boats too, trust me my Xeno knows all about it. Fact is there very unbalanced, kind of like the Cerb turrets used to be in a previous beta and a percentage of players ran about with full cerb turrets in Gunboats and killin alot. Really they need to go in my opinion because someone will always abuse it, I made a missile boat myself a few days ago, don't worry I wont be keeping it. Was just to see for myself, it's not good.
Sure you all had fun with your little raid, but what about those you are slaughtering? The thing that makes this server work is mutual fun... if you want others to play with you, you need to make damn sure they have fun doing it.

How fair is it to have gunboats + 4 figtters/bombers against 1 liberator? and none backing off to even the odds a bit? Lets not even consider one had a full missile loadout

When I fought you I could have kept you all occupied for a long time, if it wasn't for the missile spam lagging everything out.

When you see 1 light fighter, tell your capships to back off. Even if you keep the other 4 in the fight.. its still WAY in your favour, but at least its more enjoyable.

And one more thing.. how about choosing a time to launch such an assault when there are actually enough lawfuls online to make it fair? instead of being cowards and doing it when hardly any resistance is around?

//rant ended\\

All in all it was a goodfight until the missile gunboat started spamming, then it lost any hint of fun it once had... GF to the bombers/fighters.. to the gunboats... I have nothing good to say.
' Wrote:Sure you all had fun with your little raid, but what about those you are slaughtering? The thing that makes this server work is mutual fun... if you want others to play with you, you need to make damn sure they have fun doing it.

How fair is it to have 2 missile gunboats + 4 figtters/bombers against 1 liberator? and none backing off to even the odds a bit?

When I fought you I could have kept you all occupied for a long time, if it wasn't for the missile spam lagging everything out.

When you see 1 light fighter, tell your capships to back off. Even if you keep the other 4 in the fight.. its still WAY in your favour, but at least its more enjoyable.

And one more thing.. how about choosing a time to launch such an assault when there are actually enough lawfuls online to make it fair? instead of being cowards and doing it when hardly any resistance is around?

//rant ended\\

All in all it was a goodfight until the missile gunboat started spamming, then it lost any hint of fun it once had... GF to the bombers/fighters..

Firstly, Matt, we knew exactly where the Providence was quite soon after entering New York. We hung around West Point, then Fort Bush, until the New Jersey logged on, at which point we considered the odds roughly even (there were slightly more of us, one or two more, but all our enemies were capital ships). We could have ambushed and raped the Providence right away, but chose not to, in the spirit of fairness. Don't forget that Darkwing added four gunboats to the lawful force, by the way.

The problem with many Liberty lawful independents, like you, is that you consider any odds that aren't heavily in your favor unfair. Not surprising, the way most of you fight (although there are quite a few exceptions - good job Chipz, Linkus, Valence Harper, Bean and the eternal Zapp, for example).

Secondly, you ought to be the very last person to complain about anything here; your act of inspired idiocy was remarkable even by this server's generous standards. You charged a gang of criminals that had just vaporized a Liberty core defense fleet in a single Liberator and expect to make the slightest difference? To make it all worse, your only morsel of roleplay was a frankly pathetic "for liberty!". Where's the logic in that? What possible in-character motive would you have for acting as you did?

Besides, what would you like us to do, sell all our equipment and hover shieldless 500 milliklicks away from you? Please don't excuse your own grave error and, I feel it fair to say, incompetence, by accusing us of being unsporting.

Lastly, ironically enough, it was gunfire that ended up killing you, not a missile.

-David
Why don't we just ban all gunboat users and just fly around in starfliers shooting asteroids. That'd make a fun game, and best of all, no one would lose at all, so no one can complain!

Jeesh, guys, stop whining. It's pointless. Oh no, you lost a fight, does that mean you have to come on the forums and complain about how the other side was slightly more advantaged than you? So what, if they had missile boats, I've had to fight many a fight in which I've come up against missile boats, but I just get on with it. In fact, I love fighting missile boats sometimes, one CD and they go boom boom.

I agree sometimes it's good to tell your capships/gunboats to back off if it's fighter only, but don't you dare accuse any of the LR of being cowards for attacking in greater numbers. There's been several fights where I've been grouped with LR who have actually complained at indies who jump in with gunboats, or other skirmishes when we tell a couple of our bombers or a gunboat to back off.

Getting blown up is never going to be fun, but it's the nature of a PVP based game that you get winners and losers, and occasionally everyone is on the losing side. Just get on with it and you'll probably be on the side with the advantage next time.

This isn't directed to everyone who was on the lawful side, just to those posters who have come on and complained about unfair odds and particulary anyone who decided to take a snipe at the LR for attacking in numbers.
Who's matt? not me...

I was on the LPI_Karl.Agathon, and it is hard to RP with such overwhelming forces around.

Not an indy in this case either...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8