Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: The Government of the Colonial Republic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Transmission Incoming
ID: Admiral Naia Myers
Subject: A save harbour

Good evening to the new leaders of the Republic,

I am unsure if you remember me, considering that the Valkyrie, the oldest still existing Colonial Battleship, has been carrying out tasks behind hostile frontiers for so long.

I am Naia Myers, born back in the Crayterian era, serving in the Colonial Military for a good 20 years by now.
I have been one of the highest ranking Military members before the Gallic attack on our home, I was one of those riddening the Republic of Diocletians influence.
If you have to know more about my person, get the CIS to search the files, Agent Justice, has assured me that you have competent people to fulfill this task.

The information that the Republic is under new Administration has reached us only recently, when coming back to more civilized territory.
So let me congratulate you, I expect you to lead the Republic back to where it once stood, back to being a proud nation, able to defend itself, while increasing its wealth and influence.

The Valkyrie has, as already mentioned, been far behind enemy lines over the last year. We have taken out various hostile units, using as much of the hostile resources as we could in order to keep the ship flying. The only thing we could not restore were pilots, comrades, friends. Which has led us to the issue of having to fly this vessel with a minimum of personnel and snub-vessels.

This loss as well as the current hull status of the vessel, have forced us to return from our operation zone, as there is currently only death waiting if we would stay any longer.

You now might ask yourself why I am contacting you, the matter is simple. The Valkyrie, as it is now, can no longer fulfill its task, it can not fight against the Republics enemies without risking its existence and the lives of those onboard.
This is the moment where the Valkyrie has to return to its home, back into the hands of the Republic, if it shall serve it longer.

The Valkyrie needs repairs and upgrades, its crew needs a rest and a chance to be with their families.

Are you able to support us with this?

-Adm. Myers
[Image: hec8gkx.png]

Greetings Admiral Myers,

As the current Fleet Admiral of the Colonial Republic, it is a pleasure to meet your acquaintance after such a time behind enemy lines. On behalf of the Colonial Republic high command, I must express my gratitude for your service away from friends and family for so long. No doubt you have plenty of reports during that time, of which we are greatly looking forward to reviewing.

To the matter at hand. You and your men and women aboard the Valkyrie are always welcome to return to Republic space. It is still and always has been your home, and has not gone anywhere Admiral. Whatever you need, I will personally ensure that the Valkyrie and it's crew receive it's much needed R&R, as well as any upgrades we can provide.

Please provide us with a timeframe of your return, and we will have mooring points and docking bays freed for your arrival at Sabah.

Welcome home at long last.

Steven Lewis
Fleet Admiral
Transmission Incoming
Subject: A save harbour

Greetings Fleet Admiral Lewis,

yours is a face I definitely havent seen before, so I guess that there isnt much of the old command structure left. It might actually be better that way, fresh blood contains fresh ideas.

Thank you for the offer. My Navigation Officer has calculated that we should arrive at Sabah this evening. We will take a short detour to the Hades, to see how its status has changed since our departure. Once we have done this we will set course for Coronado.

-Adm. Myers
Transmission Incoming
Subject: Arrival

Fleet Admiral Lewis,

The Valkyrie has arrived at Sabah without further problems, most of the crew has currently left the shipyard to head for Pecos, I guess they miss their families quite a bit.

I have taken the time to compile a list of necessary repairs and upgrades at the Valkyrie, your engineers are currently looking through this as I am not up to date when it comes to possible technical improvements that have been developed after the Gallic attack.
The main issues are the ships hull integrity, the status of the engines, which are running since the Valkyries commission and the outdated and heavily damaged weapon systems.

I myself have currently taken accommodation at Sabah, there is no family left to visit, so I will be waiting for further orders.

-Adm. Myers
[Image: hec8gkx.png]

Greetings again Admiral Myers,

I have received word that you and your crew have made it safely to Sabah, and that repairs and retrofitting have begun. Having reviewed the list of required materials, there are some that we will need from outside Sabah. I will an order placed immediately.

Once we have the required materials, the Valkyrie should be better than new on her maiden voyage. I trust you will approve. In the meantime, I could use more in depth reports from your time in the Gallic front. I will be heading back to Sabah myself shortly, and am most interested in meeting you in person and discussing ways to improve our strategies against our enemy.

Steven Lewis
Fleet Admiral
Transmission Incoming
Subject: Meeting

Fleet Admiral Lewis,

Thank you for taking care of the logistics for the Valkyries repairs.
I am looking forward to meeting you in person, so I would suggest meeting in one of the briefing rooms once you arrive here, those should have the necessary equipment.

-Adm. Myers