Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Mercenaries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
*foresees thousand of flames and insults*

I think you see the question. Discuss. And of course vote.
This poll won't matter, as it's up to the LN to decide, not you. Personally, i don't like it, but i can't do anything about it. As pointed out, banning mercenaries won't keep the bad ones out, just chase out the ones looking for lawful money.
' Wrote:This poll won't matter, as it's up to the LN to decide, not you.

Well, the let's just say I'm gathering opinions.
' Wrote:This poll won't matter, as it's up to the LN to decide, not you. Personally, i don't like it, but i can't do anything about it. As pointed out, banning mercenaries won't keep the bad ones out, just chase out the ones looking for lawful money.
You're right about the LN there, and I really, really agree with you on this. If the mercenary is acting unlawful, then what the heck does he care about a LN ban on mercs? Only the law-abiding ones will leave.
' Wrote:banning mercenaries won't keep the bad ones out, just chase out the ones looking for lawful money.

/signed

this wont hold my merc from joining whomever pays well in liberty.
wait, Mercs arn't allowed in Liberty?
correct, don't know which wiseguy's idea that was but i call it irresponsible abuse of power
If they want to remove Mercs, they can remove Mercs, just like the RM did. As long as it's RPed well, I'll applaud them, especially since half the Mercs in Liberty are PvPers who look for an excuse to "Get Payed" by unloading on enemies they have no reason to hunt....

But that was my rant, and I hold to it. I refused to vote in this poll due to it's bias and lack of options.
As has been mentioned in another thread I believe, this allows the LN and other lawfuls in liberty to treat all mercenaries as hostile or unfriendly on sight. If none are allowed in, then those that do come are not able to hide behind a shield of neutrality or, 'oh I've never shot you navy types, no sir!' replies.

After all, mercenaries are hired for warfare more often than bounties, and the Navy is there for that. The Bretonian Armed Forces are more likely to employ mercenaries due to their chronic shortage of recruits, or endorse them as privateers.

Bounty hunters by contrast, cut into Liberty Police, Inc.'s profit margin, which is a reason why they might be barred from entry, if indeed they are, or ever are.
' Wrote:As has been mentioned in another thread I believe, this allows the LN and other lawfuls in liberty to treat all mercenaries as hostile or unfriendly on sight. If none are allowed in, then those that do come are not able to hide behind a shield of neutrality or, 'oh I've never shot you navy types, no sir!' replies.

After all, mercenaries are hired for warfare more often than bounties, and the Navy is there for that. The Bretonian Armed Forces are more likely to employ mercenaries due to their chronic shortage of recruits, or endorse them as privateers.

Bounty hunters by contrast, cut into Liberty Police, Inc.'s profit margin, which is a reason why they might be barred from entry, if indeed they are, or ever are.

thats the first reasonable post in this thread.
Pages: 1 2