Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Personal logs of Professor Klein Würtz
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

A cold day outside, on planet New Berlin. A cold and dry day, here in the middle of nowhere, which makes even the most relentless betrunken pedestrian to think twice before leaving das shelter of a second-hand bar. Just a few hunderte meters away from such a platz ein Mann is somewhat diligently looking for his Appartement access-card. Endlich he finds them and shiverring from the depths of his Körper he enters das house.

Log entry 1206.14 Wrote:
Ich have managed today to access my old computer from the Bibliothek hall. Was not ein leicht feat with all those security cams but that security glitch in the laboratories VI Systematik that Jörg discovered few months ago really came in handy jetzt. Who knew Ich would actually have to steal mein work, but they blockt me out of mein forschungs program, they took over it, those no good for nothing Zensuren.... my paper "Aktueller Stand der infizierten Kräfte", my work to not see the light of day....no....I managed to upload all of it onto ein Mikro-Controller and dashed it out to safety until die Zeit ist right. On my way out Ich met Tania, she gave me that look of Arroganz and didn't even bother to say "Guten Tag!" And to think that Ich thought her all she knows. Ich bin ein Paria now, no one will ever want to associate with me. They destroyed me and had the audacity to say Ich have been pardoned for my misdeeds and gave eine weitere Chance as ein Universitätsprofessor. The shame....Ich need time to think what it has to be done from here on...

Lärm, bustle, rancid smell of food and Tabak und a lot of busy faces were dwelling in das bar at the time der Professor joined its sickening Atmosphäre. With small steps he went over to ein table and sat down. Fevered, he pulled out ein persönlichen Kommunikator und nervously dialed a number he took from ein piece of paper which laid in his shirt pocket
Log entry 1245.14 Wrote:Bürkhard, ist dies you?...The Holocallnummer, Ich got it from Jurgen....Ja, ja, he was ein Student of meine a while ago...Der job...well I need something passed over...it is small, ein Mikro-Controller...Zur Liberty...We meet in person?Nein...Ich see...Dresden, mhmm, aham, go on....Of course Ich have something für your trouble...Will send those Kredite...Soon, sooner is besser. Danke schoen!
Ein shuttle lands on the docking strip at Bautzen station. As the huge bulk-doors slam together with ein screeching metallisch sound, a hatch opens giving away a männlich Figur stepping down from die spacecraft. Tiny paces carry him through the crowd and tumult which is so familiär on this kind of Handelszentrum, all across known space. He hardly makes way, visibly bothered by the multitude of people intruding his privaten space, als suddenly comes to a halt. He checks his pockets, one by one, meticulously, until he finds a minuscule Objekt. One could have glanced die calm look on his face once he finds das puny Objekt, but nicht hier - hier everyone is in a rush, minding their own concerns, nicht paying attention to the Mann that started walking again, picking up the pace.
Log entry 1317.14 Wrote:
Psst!...Kommen here.Schnell!
Klein startles at the sight of this individual. Tall, muskulös, wearing a brown coat passing his knees, nicht resembling at all with his own Konstitution. With a small, unnoticeable gesture the illusive figure directs him towards a back alley.
Are you Bürkhard?
Der Mann approves by shaking his head accordingly, whilst walking in front of Der Proffesor
I do figure you got die Credits already...
No time, give me das Paket.
Hält und turns around in a clean sweep move, now facing Klein. With ein minimalistischen gesture picks up the small container in which the Professor placed die Mikro-Controller.
Ich will need some details to where Ich am supposed to deliver dies.
Of cour...... natürlich you do....how could you possible know where to deliver it if Ich nicht tell you.
Der Professor starts to stutter. Takes a deep breath trying to calm down but the shivers of his hands portray something else.
You have to go Trenton Outpost bar in New York System in 3 days from now, at around Mittagszeit. There you will find eine Frau at der Bar, wearing a blue dress and having a Martini. Tell her that Klein sent you. She will know what it is all about.
Gut.
Bürkhard puts das Paket in his coat und extends his arm grabbing der Professor hand and shaking it
Ahh..und ein last thing. We never meet, you never saw me, you have no ideea who Ich bin...this meeting never took place. Auf Wiedersehen!
Der Mann steps aside and starts walking away...
But how will Ich know you have completed die Job?
You will not. Hopefully...
Der Profesor wakes up in the middle of the night, sweaty and hectic, with blurry eyes forcing out of their sockets. The reddish light entering his bedroom from across the street portrayed Klein rather like a human wreck, with an unsettling gaze on his face so much different than just 2 days ago. He remembers everything, word by word, scene by scene - at the time it seemed a good idea - but now... He clenches the bedsheets in an effort to stop his feverish shivering, but with little use. This spasmodic lump of meat continues still to be in a state of shock and awe.
Log entry 1546.14 Wrote:<Record of the news report>
It seems Ich bin...nein...Ich just need a bit of rest, but...but they...RFP will get me. Ich cannot go auf Vierla...Nien! Bürkhard would not turn anyone out...what have Ich done, I should have sticked to what Ich got from then...but the truth, the truth must be reveled. It was die richtige decision...some shuteye, das should clear all...where should one go in such situation, what can one do...
Time was passing slowly as the Shuttle rushed through the dark, cold void of the outer-rim. Saying this space is unforgiving and cold would be to complement it. Nevertheless, Klein never felt so alive as it felt now. Being in the hideout for the last 6 months made him realize something that takes years to find out in normal circumstances, something he felt as part of his own nature but refused to accept it: he was a misfit - a misfit for Rheinland's Science community, a misfit to current accepted views in Rheinland society, a misfit because of his ideas - and he never felt so at ease with himself as now, rushing through this godforsaken place.

Six months...six long moths he concealed his own persona either on Holstein, working as laborer on a filthy construction site or on cargo freighters, aiding various shady owners. The harsh life took it's toll on the tiny professor; he shrunk even more, his hair started to show shades of gray and his beady eyes started to present a curious shimmer. Even so, the time spent in hideout made him rethink his attitude towards life, towards science and research. His motivation was still strong, his ideal ever bigger, his reasoning ever strong - he now needed to start anew.