Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: NOW LIVE - Neo Terra RP live Test!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
The main server rules and guidelines have now been posted, give them a look here.
I'd like to give this mod my seal of approval, for whatever it's worth. The visuals are amazing, the lore is logical and well-written, the GMs have already started accepting content from the community (I've personally submitted stuff myself which's being incorporated into the mod), and the rules seem like they're actually going to foster a sense of creativity among the playerbase. I really think everyone should check it out and explore a bit before final release at the end of the month, because there's a lot to see.
Alright, so after being an idiot and ignoring the installation guide I noticed, upon using the uninstall.exe in the NT directory, uninstalling that actually uninstalls the original Freelancer. Kinda inconvenient, but whatever.

Other than that, the NT forum isn't doing a good job of sending me a validation email.

Edit: Other than that, I'm really looking forward to getting in game. The menu scenes look amazing already.
I think we're going to end up coding our own uninstaller, you're not the first person to have that problem Toaster. What's your username on the forums? We'll see what the problem is.
This mod has been a long time in the works. I strongly urge those who haven't, to at the very least give it a try.
At first glance the visuals of this mod are crisp and dazzling. i was very much surprised that it ran without any intermittent lag or hangups.

In short this thing is smooth in comparison to ToW and Disco. Also since the setup is pretty straight forward i didn't have any errors.

The systems and art are lovingly crafted and have a lot of room to grow. I would say this mod having seemingly come out of no where is a nice alternative and well worth a try if you're looking to explore or are bored with things in other avenues of the freelancer community.

Oh and beams. pewing destructo ray beams.

The music is all custom you'll hear some old (remixed) gems from freespace in there which is cool. (I wouldn't have had my career stint with crytek if it wasn't for freespace) so its all in all carrying alot of promise.
I am definitely okay with what I have seen, if my endorsement is worth something.
Hmm...fair enough. Sounds good.
I'd like to try it out when it's finished though, because I trust the guys in this thread. If so many of 'em say it's good, then it is. I'll ask my friend Google to help search for screens.
We have determined that the server is stable enough for release thanks to the help of everyone who participated in the stress test. The server has just been password secured and will remain locked until Saturday when we will enter the Live RP test stage, where people can begin roleplaying. You can find out more here, and we hope to see you all Saturday!

(06-18-2014, 11:22 PM)Freedom Phantom Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm...fair enough. Sounds good.
I'd like to try it out when it's finished though, because I trust the guys in this thread. If so many of 'em say it's good, then it is. I'll ask my friend Google to help search for screens.

That won't help much, but check Xalrok's post on the first page for screenshots!
I'm dropping a note about this here, there's an issue when you have multiple FL mods installed at the same time (I know for sure NT and Disco have this issue, I don't know of any other mods that ditched flmm yet).

Essentially, Freelancer create save files in the My Games FL folder and one of them contains data specific to the mod it's launching. As an example, If you launch Neo Terra and then try to launch Disco, you will instantly crash to desktop as soon as you launch the game. Same goes for any other mod that ditched flmm.

In order to fix this issue, the NT Launcher automatically delete the save files prior to starting the game, so you will never get that CTD anymore when starting Neo Terra. Problem solved.

The thing is, I only work on Neo Terra and I don't really have a say in what other mod devs do so it's completely up to them to fix this issue for their own players. I can't force them to do it.

In the meantime, we've documented the procedure to fix it yourself here.
http://www.neo-terra.net/forums/index.ph...msg180#new
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8