Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: With Regards to the IMG Gunboat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I'm wondering whether the IMG gunboat is allowed for pirates (generic ones, here). Is the general consensus that it is fairly free-for-all?
I'd say no.. Generic pirates should pick either the Rogue or Corsair Gunboat.. IMG is a lawful gunboat, so they can't use it. We don't have any generic gunboats for pirates to use unfortunately, so they do have to pick a side if their are to use a gunboat.
a civilian gb could be great -.-
' Wrote:a civilian gb could be great -.-
Zoner Gunboat coming next version.
' Wrote:I'd say no.. Generic pirates should pick either the Rogue or Corsair Gunboat.. IMG is a lawful gunboat, so they can't use it. We don't have any generic gunboats for pirates to use unfortunately, so they do have to pick a side if their are to use a gunboat.

Actually, our Bretonian revolutionary group is using one as our flagship, and we'll do trade interdiction (not generic piracy). The reason is RP: if we're populists and we're trying to maintain public support against the monarchy, using an explicit pirate vessel just doesn't work, considering the political implications.

Also, we're anti-BMM, so good relations with the IMG and the GB makes a lot of sense for us.
well, it's the only gunboat available to junkers that doesnt cause lawfuls to shoot at us on sight =P
' Wrote:well, it's the only gunboat available to junkers that doesnt cause lawfuls to shoot at us on sight =P

Hence the need for a mostly "civilian" gunboat for those factions with access to none.
' Wrote:Actually, our Bretonian revolutionary group is using one as our flagship, and we'll do trade interdiction (not generic piracy). The reason is RP: if we're populists and we're trying to maintain public support against the monarchy, using an explicit pirate vessel just doesn't work, considering the political implications.

Also, we're anti-BMM, so good relations with the IMG and the GB makes a lot of sense for us.
Well for some factions it works, but a generic pirate, it doesn't really.. To use one you need to be a faction with certain standings with IMG.
' Wrote:Well for some factions it works, but a generic pirate, it doesn't really..

I disagree. IMG makes lots of money just like zoners by selling their ships and equipment to other factions. This is what made them rich. They dont support liberty, rhenland and much less kusary and Bretonia. If an indie buys their ship and then turns to the dark side its his option and if he decides to rob BMM republican shp. or other traders it does not concern IMG since its out of their ZOI and out of their diplomatic relations.

of course such a RP story would be needed to fill in the gaps.
soon we'll have the zoner gunboat which will be a sort of 'civilian' gunboat - available to nearly everyone. The issue is that it's planned to only have 4 turret hardpoints, so it wont be that powerful - still, for a civilian, that's better than nothing.

Pages: 1 2 3 4