Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Official vs unofficial factions...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Thinking about starting an official faction, but want to weigh the pros and cons of going unofficial beforehand. I cant really see that much difference other than official factions that have been here 4 months or longer are the only ones that can own systems. Other than that I'm not really sure what the difference is other than the half a billion credit tax. Could someone please enlighten me here? Thanks.
That's basically it, official factions are also allowed to oorp pvp whore people who fly the ships that the faction also flies.
Please do not feed the troll. The main difference is, factions have admin approval, and thus can do different things. They are also required to keep a constant of 5 active members and update their faction status posts (as well as have one).

' Wrote:That's basically it, official factions are also allowed to oorp pvp whore people who fly the ships that the faction also flies.

Its called ship control dude...would you rather have a OORP capwhore flying a OC dred into NY if we didn't kill it before it leaves Alpha? Dont think so.
Official factions can:
-buy a system
-have a recruitment post in the official "faction recruitment" section
-have a post in the "faction status" section on the forums, with rosters/faction rules/faction information
-post a message dump, in the official "message dumps" section of the roleplaying hub
However, they must:
-pay 500 million credits for a proposal
-get approved by the admins
-be active
and all members of a faction can be warned/sanctioned for bad behaviour by one/more members.

Unofficial factions don't require a faction proposal, though it's nice for the information about said faction being public for comments/criticism. They don't need to pay money to be approved, nor do they need admin approval before starting up. They can't buy systems nor can they recruit in the official section. They can however have recruitment posts and message dumps in other forum sections.
' Wrote:Its called ship control dude...would you rather have a OORP capwhore flying a OC dred into NY if we didn't kill it before it leaves Alpha? Dont think so.

It's not a if/or situation, anyone who wants to be oorp can fly the ship without your permission, and they do. I fly a OC dessie on the outcast KOS list for not registering quite often. Even if you dissuade them through pvp whoring all you probably do is chase them into something else, like the BHBC spike that the server had.

The tactic is likely useless in preventing oorp cap ship use (which isn't that much of an issue anyway), and exists for different reasons I believe.

Also if someone is oorp they can be reported for it so the admins can handle it. Pvp whoring them oorp is just going to make them want to pvp whore more to get even.

Also a simple registration does nothing to assure that the person isn't oorp.

Besides, anyone who flies a cap ship will get bomber whored pretty often anyway.
' Wrote:and all members of a faction can be warned/sanctioned for bad behaviour by one/more members.

Actually that rule has been extended to anyone. In fact from personal observation I would say that official faction members are now held to a lesser standard than the ordinary player by at least one of the current admins.
I'm reasonably sure it's against the rules to intentionally double post. This is getting off topic. jpo asked about the differences between official and unofficial factions, not about the merits of either.
This thread just screams "Akuma \ Troll food" so let's answer the guys question and then NOT discuss anything more in the thread cause it's just going to boil down to another flame fest.

Thanks.
Both sides should keep their comments to themselves. This thread is a request for help, and thus information should be given.

Anything other differences between the two type of factions, people?
Pages: 1 2 3