Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Iridium Mining and economy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I noticed after the recent update that the Iridium prices took a hit across the board, and I wanted to point out a couple of things that may give this nearly forgotten commodity a new life. Currently there is just no value in it, and as an invested party in Iridium I would like to suggest some changes.

1) Remove the buy point on Freeport 11. This undermines (no pun intended) the purpose of mining this commodity. Being available for 500/u, there is simply no point in mining it.

2) Create profitable trade routes. The journey from Omicron Delta to House system sellpoints is perilous and the current prices IMO don't reflect the variables. The prices should reflect all of that time trudging across open space and also the dangers of the Edgeworlds. Being a key component in high grade Armor Upgrades, it would make sense to have Shipyards and the like be the end-of-the-line sellpoint.

Ideas? Opinions? Discuss.
I'm not opposed to the idea, but I'm wondering if buffing Iridium sell prices might also increase Zoner ore hauling, which is still a no-no, yes?
Even if the prices were buffed, as long as the sellpoint was removed the only way to obtain it would be to mine it, which I don't think Zoners are very good at. Also if the sellpoints were placed as I have recommended, most shipyards are in-House and the Zoner ID would prevent them docking.
I agree with this .
The concept is nice and it also encourages Iridium mining without any effect in game-play. +1 to it.
(06-27-2014, 05:21 AM)|nfrared Wrote: [ -> ]most shipyards are in-House and the Zoner ID would prevent them docking.

Use Serenity/BWT?
If you got some specific ideas feel free to drop by, as mining is also one of the things being changed for omicron update. But be swift about it - not much time left for any major changes to be made there before locking down content.
(06-27-2014, 06:45 AM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-27-2014, 05:21 AM)|nfrared Wrote: [ -> ]most shipyards are in-House and the Zoner ID would prevent them docking.

Use Serenity/BWT?

But Can Zoners mine Iridium ?? I don't think so ...
(06-26-2014, 10:50 PM)|nfrared Wrote: [ -> ]1) Remove the buy point on Freeport 11. This undermines (no pun intended) the purpose of mining this commodity. Being available for 500/u, there is simply no point in mining it.

I think this could be a good point to make iridium mining aviable if ALL sellpoint are remove and if we put a high price (8-10) to a far away shipyard or other station like Southampton. It stay a normal commodity but with a ore aspect.
See it as Pscrap i think.
I think it'd be nice if the sellpoint was somewhere within the Omicron, to promote Omicron productivity.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9