Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Feedback Thread - System Editing etc.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(02-27-2015, 10:21 AM)Karst Wrote: [ -> ]But thank you especially for this! We need more genuinely dangerous places, I hope the same is happening with the Omicrons update.

So after a decade this twisted developer notion that Space is DangerousTM is still prominent.

A notion which resulted in Gallic NPC bomber squadrons turning Gallia into a sad place that we can still see. A notion which unpopulates systems not because of player counter-activity but because of NPCs or other stupid hazards.
Space should be dangerous however it should never negatively impact interaction and turn exploration from a fun experience to a gruelling, tiresome and painful task.
re-do the omegas jump hole links, and if possible just remove omega-9. It's a system that was made in literally 5 minutes with copy/paste and has no reason to exist other than making travel times higher in the Omega cluster

EDIT: Also in Kusari - bring back the Honshu JH to Chugoku, either that or at the very least bring back the Hokkaido-Honshu JH. Currently, in order to get from Honshu to Chugoku you need to pass 2 systems in between, when originally you had to pass through none.
(02-26-2015, 08:37 PM)Garuda Wrote: [ -> ]Why I didn't delete the systems is easy to answer. New Halle Systems is now a smuggling shortcut from Munich to Berlin or Dresden..but before the police and RM go "OMFG you activity
breaker*, I want just to inform...It isn't dat easy...not because of NPCs or Sturcture. I'll just say, the danger is invisible and will even murder Cau 8 Transport in a few seconds...
Ye, space is dangerous and same counts for Dusseldorf.

Ironically, the heaviest traffic that I am aware of through Halle wasn't smuggling at all, it was just the quickest route for moving POB supplies. I say ironically because the base in question no longer has factories, and the 20 minutes per loop that was saved on Industrial Hardware and Critical Temperature Alloy runs no longer applies.

I cannot, of course, speak to any other traffic that may have moved through the system.
(02-26-2015, 08:37 PM)Garuda Wrote: [ -> ]http://i.imgur.com/LdUXnDN.jpg
I just want to say: We like what you have done with the station and are looking forward on other changes on our other stations.
(02-27-2015, 01:16 PM)SpaceTime Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-27-2015, 10:21 AM)Karst Wrote: [ -> ]But thank you especially for this! We need more genuinely dangerous places, I hope the same is happening with the Omicrons update.

So after a decade this twisted developer notion that Space is DangerousTM is still prominent.

A notion which resulted in Gallic NPC bomber squadrons turning Gallia into a sad place that we can still see. A notion which unpopulates systems not because of player counter-activity but because of NPCs or other stupid hazards.

(02-27-2015, 01:25 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]Space should be dangerous however it should never negatively impact interaction and turn exploration from a fun experience to a gruelling, tiresome and painful task.

It depends on how it's implemented. The way I understand it, these ominous hazards will be placed in locations easily avoidable, making alternative routes a challenge without making regular travel in Rheinland anymore difficult.
I'd like to see the same thing in the Omicrons - allowing easy routes for nomads/Core/Order/Zoners/other Omicron players to get around but still having places that make you feel like it's a dangerous part of space.
I wouldn't want it to be frustratingly difficult to get around, but I think it's become too easy in some cases.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=108147
(02-28-2015, 10:27 AM)Karst Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-27-2015, 01:16 PM)SpaceTime Wrote: [ -> ]

(02-27-2015, 01:25 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]Space should be dangerous however it should never negatively impact interaction and turn exploration from a fun experience to a gruelling, tiresome and painful task.

It depends on how it's implemented. The way I understand it, these ominous hazards will be placed in locations easily avoidable, making alternative routes a challenge without making regular travel in Rheinland anymore difficult.
I'd like to see the same thing in the Omicrons - allowing easy routes for nomads/Core/Order/Zoners/other Omicron players to get around but still having places that make you feel like it's a dangerous part of space.
I wouldn't want it to be frustratingly difficult to get around, but I think it's become too easy in some cases.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=108147

(12-01-2013, 05:12 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]However, we don't want to turn off people from visiting the Omicrons, because it's so dangerous.
So how do we get the best of both worlds? We make trips to the omicrons worthwhile: high risk high profit trade routes.

I'm actually looking at ways of doing this with Core bases. Having hazards en rotue would make things even more awesome.
Before you go, omfg. First of all the distances between the holes is really short like 20-30 K with two exceptions. 2 - 4 minutes flight time.
About the dangers, I placed invisible radiation fields in the system with two layers. One will warn you and the core will blow you up.
To the rest of the update.
-Fixed now the reputations between the Sairs-Bundies-Unioner NPCs
-Even more NPC fix (Removed GB patrols by the Munich Gate in Frankfurt and the same with the Frankfurt Gate in Munich) Also, reduced Gate Population a bit.
-Moved a few JHs for short traveling time
About removal of the systems.
It is your decision, just fly through and ignore it..or go find some surprises.
Pages: 1 2 3