Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Make Capships profitable as it used to be in 4.86
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
At the moment the only way to get money is through mining/trading, which is essentialy the same thing - since both of them use transports. As It happends caps used to stay in their respective place precisely for that reason, though there are exceptions to this. I'm just wondering why have you removed the old missions, was it because of rep issues? I figured there are fixed rephacks and restarts, so what exactly is the problem here. The current missions are the same as they were, but the npcs do not drop anything valuable to cover the expenses such as repairs, and also give a good chunk of money in addition. In other words, if you are unwilling to add the credit cards back, would you atleast consider raising the final reward without making it more difficult?
May I also note that removing mission profitability utterly killed OC and Corsair activity? As in one of the last nails.
(07-04-2014, 12:24 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]May I also note that removing mission profitability utterly killed OC and Corsair activity? As in one of the last nails.

This too.
Where to sign this ? Btw, it's not only OC and Sairs , I used to Lol around with a BHG cap doing these type of missions, on rare occasions I found some like this with my Osiris, and so on... Good o' times :$
if it boosts activity well, and encourages people back to neglected areas, then i'd agree with it.
I would expand this and would love to have snubs missions at least comparable with the weaker traderoutes, because missions for snubs are just completely not worth it and could be buffed a bit.
I have made multiple threads about this. No matter what arguments are put forward the devs don't seem to want to add them back in.
But, if this thread were to be noticed, I would say add missions back due to the reasons above.
I'm guessing the reason don't exist is that people could just take a capital ship and blitz through those 'snub missions', making far more than an actual snub.

It'd be quite fun if there were actually (very) challenging snub-only missions, though. Maybe NPCs can be made intelligent, dangerous and numerous enough to actually be fun to fight.
I don't usually take part in these kind of threads but I strongly feel cap missions need a buff.
I am glad that theres almost a one voice on this subject, would any dev care enough to comment here and let us know if our voices were heard? It has been posted lots of times but it has been ignored for unknown reasons, and because were almost at the final release - its the only time to do anything in this regard.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5