Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: How to balance/remove/nerf Jump trading for real.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Make it so that any ship that has more than 1,900 cargo space cannot jump alongside a Jumpship using JD MK4.
>Barges and large transports can no longer jump trade
>JD MK4 can still be used to jump combat ships into battle, which was it's intended purpose.

Result: As said above, Jumpdrives can still be used for combat, which should be it's primary purpose. And we can say goodbye to money-hungry anti-RP jump traders.
Why is this an issue again, apart from piracy?
(07-06-2014, 10:56 AM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]Why is this an issue again, apart from piracy?
Yes, Jump trading does create issues for piracy. Furthermore, Jump trading is an activity with little to no RP, an activity that is fuelled purely for wanting to make credits. That seems very out of place here, as this is (or is meant to be) and RP server.

It also prompts silly RP such as trading factions and the like having [faction that can use jumpships] 'friends'.
Well, to be fair, you sort of need credits to contribute to the RP via making characters, so technically it does...

Anyway, as long as we are removing things that make money with little to no RP, can we also remove code hunting?
(07-06-2014, 11:39 AM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]Well, to be fair, you sort of need credits to contribute to the RP via making characters, so technically it does...

Anyway, as long as we are removing things that make money with little to no RP, can we also remove code hunting?

I wouldn't remove it, but I'd like to see Code Hunting have some more RP added to it. Though, those are suggestions and ideas for another thread...
Well, it was meant to be more of a joke. I simply wanted to point out that it was never within our ideals to have all moneymaking be ''IRP'' so to speak. Saying that X activity does not contribute roleplay and only focuses on moneymaking is, as I already pointed out, essentially flawed, because that money is then used to fund new or upkeep old characters, which then contribute to the roleplay.

Not to mention, as again I already noted, other types of money making are just as non-rpish. Code hunting, signature, trans bar making and so on.

In other words, the reason for suggesting disallowing jump trading must be a more personal one in your case.
(07-06-2014, 12:01 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]Well, it was meant to be more of a joke. I simply wanted to point out that it was never within our ideals to have all moneymaking be ''IRP'' so to speak. Saying that X activity does not contribute roleplay and only focuses on moneymaking is, as I already pointed out, essentially flawed, because that money is then used to fund new or upkeep old characters, which then contribute to the roleplay.

Not to mention, as again I already noted, other types of money making are just as non-rpish. Code hunting, signature, trans bar making and so on.

In other words, the reason for suggesting disallowing jump trading must be a more personal one in your case.

not code hunting... but signatures and tranmission bars could be Rped via forums... and dunno, perhaps i'll try to do so soon
Totally agree.
(07-06-2014, 12:01 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]Not to mention, as again I already noted, other types of money making are just as non-rpish. Code hunting, signature, trans bar making and so on.

Signature and Transbar making are done over forums. Jump trading and code hunting are both done in game. Jump trading needs to be nerfed. Code hunting needs to be balanced into an RP activity.
(07-06-2014, 11:38 AM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2014, 10:56 AM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]Why is this an issue again, apart from piracy?
Yes, Jump trading does create issues for piracy. Furthermore, Jump trading is an activity with little to no RP, an activity that is fuelled purely for wanting to make credits. That seems very out of place here, as this is (or is meant to be) and RP server.

It also prompts silly RP such as trading factions and the like having [faction that can use jumpships] 'friends'.

just to throw an example out of what lyth is referring to......

RS|. they are like the poster-faction for whats wrong with jump-trading.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16