Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Welcome to the Tea & Pee Bar at Fortitudine .... enjoy your stay!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
A man in his late 30s with a slightly recognizable face and with a short beard that he forgot to shave appears as the automated door opens. He has the posture of an officer and wears a uniform with untied buttons bearing Queen's colors. His name tag appears; "McAvoy" .

Paul walks closer to the bar, sits on one of the chairs. He takes off his uncomfortable captain apolets and puts them to the next seat. He asks the bartender if he could smoke there, then proceeds to light one without confirmation. "It would be fine." Then; "I'd like to order a Rheinbier to all the fine people here, in honor of my retirement." he says, with a clear voice making sure everyone hears it. Then he says " and a whiskey for me" to bartender only.

He takes his retirement badge from his pocket and starts playing with it, he falls in deep thoughts by himself, what was he going to do next? Freelancing? He always had an adventureous part in him, though he was more curious about other things. What is the meaning of Corsair artifacts? Which stars he hasn't seen yet? What "exactly" are the Nomads? These thoughts kept him occupied for a while...
William Looked up at whoever called out, seeing a man in dress uniform he decided to call back to him ''May it be a happy and peaceful retirement as well'' Raising his glass at the man.
Paul got out of his inside world with the voice of the man. Turns around with a smile on his face and "Thanks pal, not so peaceful I hope." he says, then turns back to the bar table while having a large puff from his cigar before distinguishing it on his heel. "Coronado." he said to himself. "A good place to start I guess."
William was slightly confused at the mans words, surely someone who was leaving the Military would want peace he thought. He dismissed the thought, he didn't understand military types and their thoughts on war and peace. A beer arrived, compliments of the man at the bar apparently. He took it and gave 1500 credits to the waiter to return to the man at the bar, before returning to his papers.
Abigail heard a man near her say something loudly to another. She heard another voice answer, and looked up to see William. She kept her drink in her hand and walked towards William. When she got to him, he was buried in his work, and didn't look up. She spoke. "Hey, William," she said in a soft tone.
''Hmm?'' he said as he looked up ''Oh Abigail, how are you my dear? my my you are looking pretty. Come, have a seat. Tell me how you have been since joining us''
He smiled at her, new employees often needed a bit of reassurance when entering a new place. He looked over to the man at the bar to see if he got his coin back.
She blushes at his remark on her appearance, and smiles. Oh my! she thought. "I am well, William," she said, sighing and taking a seat. She doesn't respond to his remark on her looks just yet. She takes a drink of her Liberty Ale.
"Well, since I joined I haven't done too too much. I've just been trying to get acquainted with the staff and what not," she started, then looked at her clothes. She chuckled, "And yes, I am looking good today. I wanted to wear something nice, especially since I'm meeting new people," she said. And coming to meet you, she thought.
He closed his papers and looked at her with warm eyes, '' You look very pretty.'' he said ''But tell me, what is your opinion so far of everyone you have met?''
Well thank you, sir. she thought, holding in her smile. She spoke softly. "Well, everyone seems nice to me, William. I haven't met many of you, but the people I have met have been sweet. I've only really met Edith, and you." She took a long drink of ale, and sighed after doing so.
Bartender returned his money to Paul. He quickly turned around to see the man who sent it back, got a little sad but didn't want to be insisting on it. "Whatever" he thought to himself then kept staring at his drink.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16