Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To the Government of Bretonia, From the Republic of Kusari
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: kuhead.png]

To the representatives of the government of Her Majesty Queen Carina of the Kingdom of Bretonia,

I am Chief Secretary for Bretonian Affairs Fumio Egawa of the Republic of Kusari. I hope that this message finds you all in good health.

There has been recent talks amongst top government circles of the Republic of Kusari about the current relations with the Kingdom of Bretonia, and with recent lobbying from prominent Kishiro figures, it has been decided to initiate a diplomatic channel with your government to discuss a potential understanding between both parties.

Members of the Foreign Ministry and members of the Kusari Grand Assembly commission for foreign affairs have started delineating policies that we may propose, but we would like to first receive a sign of interest from your representatives regarding this matter.

The initial negotiations will be conducted on our side by myself as Chief Secretary, and by Foreign Ministry's Secretary Kenji Hashimoto.

We hope to receive your reply soon.

With cordial regards.
Fumio Egawa
Foreign Ministry Chief Secretary for Bretonian Affairs.

-= Updating Hailing protocols, reestablishing connection uplink. =-
::Incoming Transmission::
Source: Kensington Shipping Platform, New London System
Encryption: HIGH

[Image: yYrL8FQ.jpg]

Konnichi-wa Mr. Egawa! This is Miles Stuart, CEO of Gateway Shipping Inc. At the behest of the Bretonian Government, I have been appointed as a temporary liaison to the Kusari Republic to help usher in a new Trade Agreement between our nations. They thought this seemed fitting as I have already been in close contact with the head of Kishiro Technologies, and since Gateway has for some time been the only Bretonian-based corporation to enjoy freedom to trade within the Republic.

I will also be working alongside the Bretonian Secretary of State for Trade and Industry, who is currently a bit indisposed. You know how bureaucrats are, I'm sure.

Here are the steps I would suggest as we continue forward with these negotiations:

Step 1. I would suggest that we first have a cross examination of terms for the new Trade Agreement that myself and Kishiro CEO Hiroto Yukimura have put together, and any final objections or changes be brought forward and discussed.

Step 2. Once step one is complete, the Trade Agreement will then need to be ratified by both governments.

Step 3. After step two is done, we can have final signing at a personal meeting of representatives on Planet Curacao in the Cortez system. I can make arrangements with OS&C to accommodate the trade summit. You will love the tea...I assure you.

I look forward to seeing trade more normalized between our nations overall, in the hopes that it will enable us both to throw off the yoke of Gallic oppression and bring freedom and prosperity to all.

Oh yeah....long live the Queen, blah blah, yadda yadda.

-Stuart out.
::End Transmission::
Sender ID: Foreign Ministry Chief Secretary for Bretonian Affairs, Fumio Egawa.

Greetings Mr. Stuart-san, a pleasure to meet you. I am please our transmission has not been lost in the network before reaching the bretonian offices, or worse, blocked by some cybercrime group.

It is a shame that the esteemed secretary of the Bretonian government is indisposed, and we send our regards and wishes of a speedy recovery.

We welcome the strides that the Gateway Company and Kishiro Technologies have made to move forward this negotiations.
The process you suggested seem in accordance with our own plans, and we find no objections to it.

Some terms are still under discussion, but I guess most of it is ready to be presented and reviewed by your government.

Quote:Kusari - Bretonia Trade and Transit agreement

Terms of the Agreement

The Republic of Kusari and the Kingdom of Bretonia will grant access to companies of each others House to travel and engage in trading within their borders, according to the limitations presented in the following terms and charts.

1. Bretonian vessels are allowed to cross into the Kusari border from the Taus for the purpose of trade alone. They are however not allowed to pass the Kusari border into the Taus for any purpose.
1.1. Bretonian vessels being pursued by entities considered to be in a state of war with the House of Bretonia and Neutral or Allied with the Republic of Kusari will not be granted protection in any region outside the core systems of the Republic of Kusari (New Tokyo, Honshu, Shikoku, Kyushu systems).

2. Kusari vessels are forbidden to enter or leave Bretonian borders connecting to the Tau systems.

3.1. Kusari ships will not attempt to reach or dock at Bretonian owned locations and bases in the Tau systems, nor any base in the Leeds and Edinburgh system.
3.2. Bretonian ships will not attempt to reach or dock at Kusari owned locations and bases in the Tau systems, nor any system beyond Hokkaido (Rishiri and Nagano, amongst others).

4. The chart presented in annex lists the granted access to Bretonian and Kusari companies to the bases located in the counterpart House territories. Restrictions and exceptions are presented in parenthesis.
Quote:Bretonian Entities access grants

New Tokyo System
  • Planet New Tokyo
  • Narita Outpost
  • Roppongi Station
  • Yokohama Shipyard (Bowex ships only)
  • Shinjuku Station (Bowex Ships only)
  • Shinagawa Station (Gateway Ships only)

Honshu System
  • Planet Honshu
  • Akita Border station
  • Yukawa Shipyard (Gateway Only)
  • Osaka Storage Facility (Bowex Only)
  • Kansai Research Facility (Access Denied)

Kyushu System
  • Planet Kyushu
  • Tsushima Depot (Bowex Only)
  • Nansei Research Station (Access Denied)
  • Battleship Nagumo (Access Denied)

Shikoku System
  • Planet Junyo
  • Ohashi Border Station
  • Deshima Station
  • Battleship Myoko (Access Denied)
  • Fuchu Prison (Access Denied)

Hokkaido System
  • Otaru Border Station
  • Sapporo Station (Bowex Only)
  • Battleship Matsumoto(Access Denied)

Sigma-17 System
  • Planet Kurile (Bowex, Planetform only)

Tottori System
  • All Stations off limits

Tau-29 System

Nagano, Rishiri Systems
  • No traffic beyond Otaru Border Station (Hokkaido)

Tohoku, Fukuoka, Hiroshima Systems
  • All System off limits, we will shoot you if we find you there.
Quote:Kusarian Entities access grants

New London System
  • Planet New London
  • Thames Outpost
  • Waterloo Station
  • Kensington Shipping Platform (Kishiro Only)
  • Canterbury Station
  • Southampton Shipyard
  • Battleship York (Access Denied)
  • Battleship Suffolk (Access Denied)

Manchester System
  • Birmingham Station (Samura Only)
  • Kingston Border Station
  • Liverpool Border Station
  • Sheffield Station
  • BPA Newgate (Access Denied)

Cambridge System
  • Planet Cambridge
  • Cambridge Research Station
  • Bristol Mining Facility
  • Cardiff Mining Facility
  • Battleship Norfolk (Access Denied)

Newcastle System
  • Lancaster Trade Center (Samura Only)
  • Gateshead Station
  • Luxury Liner Shetland
  • Battleship Macduff (Access Denied)
  • Battleship Ark Royal (Access Denied)
  • Scarborough Station (Samura Only)
  • South Shields Refinery
  • Sunderland Research Station (Access Denied)
  • Battleship Grimsby (Access Denied)

Dublin System
  • Graves Station (Samura Only)
  • Battleship Hood
  • Battleship Essex (Access Denied)

Poole System
  • Caernarfon Station (Kishiro Only)
  • Methyr-Tydfill Mining Station
  • Newbury Impound Complex (Off limits)

Tau Systems

Omega-3 System
  • Douglas Station
  • Planet Sprague

Salisbury, Chester Systems
  • All System off limits, you will be shot if found there.
[Image: 8KMlXjY.png]

Good evening Mr Egawa,

I am Sir Ambrister Jones, Secretary of State for Trade & Industry. I appologise for my delay, and for having to send this from a data-pad. I'm sure you can understand that in the current times, I am a busy man.

Introductions aside, let us get to the business at hand. Having read through the proposal set forth by yourself, I am pleased to find it fair upon both houses and their corporations. I notice only one mistake in there, based upon a trade agreement you may not be so aware of. You see, our Liaisons Secretary, Miss Hayley Winchester, arranged an agreement with the Samura Heavy Industries corporation. The agreement made ended in their return of trade rights in Bretonia. One of the agreements though, was that they had access to Armed Forces bases, that being some of the Battleships. I would wish this to continue, as advised by our Defence Minister and the Fleet Admiral herself. We have no request in return currently, but would like it to be remembered for future reference.

That said, the rest of the proposed plan of action is decidedly marvelous for me, and by extension, Bretonia. You can consider myself an attendee of any signing you require, alongside Mr Stuart.

On behalf of Bretonia,

Yours Sincerely,
Sir Ambrister Jones
Secretary of State for Trade & Industry
Sender ID: Foreign Ministry Chief Secretary for Bretonian Affairs, Fumio Egawa.

Konbanwa Sir Ambrister Jones-san, a honor to make your acquaintance.

I must confess that our staff had not been informed of these agreement made with Samura, most likely because we have no laws or regulations demanding the disclosure of such negotiations by our companies to the government.

So it comes as a surprise that the Bretonian government has allowed access to many of their military installations on that agreement. Of course we have no objections in maintaining such standing in this enlarged treaty.

I shall now list the installations that we deem to be affected by such change, and ask that you confirm this list:

Quote:Battleship York (New London)
Battleship Suffolk (New London)
Battleship Norfolk (Cambridge)
Battleship Macduff (Newcastle)
Battleship Ark Royal (Newcastle)
Battleship Grismby (Newcastle)
Battleship Essex (Dublin)

In light of this change, I would like to propose a related amendment. Since the bretonian government feels confident in giving the Samura Industries access to the previously mentioned installations, I would like to request that Kishiro Technologies be allowed access to those bases, under the same conditions that Samura faces.
I am sure that Kishiro Technologies management and employees are capable to provide benefits and services in their areas of expertise, and that it would be a boon to the Bretonian Armed Forces assets and operating capability.

I am glad that other the points in discussion, the present plan has met your approval.
I await your reply in the matters being negotiated, and the eventual finalization of the treaty in the near future.

Respectfully yours,
Fumio Egawa
Foreign Ministry Chief Secretary for Bretonian Affairs

Pages: 1 2