Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Anonyminity of Rule Violation Reports (Edited)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hallo everyone,

I've seen a lot of violation reports that are subtitled with a player name. If you aren't familiar with the template, it's here:

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19339

Now, then, since sanctions are supposed to be anonymous, can we add something in the sanction report template thread (On the first post, otherwise people won't read it) that asks people nicely not to do this? If they're rulebreakers, we'll know their name anyway, but if they aren't, then we might as well keep them from suspicion of the 'View New Posts' button users.

EDIT: Wow, I totally didn't say what I wanted to say. I meant, please don't put the rule breaker in question's name in the subtitle or title... :$

Sorry everyone! Silly sports got to me hard tonight....

EDIT 2: Wow, that was really, really dumb of me. I was in no way saying no one should be sanctioned or identified in the report, or that they shouldn't put the name in the sanction...
What?! What I read is you don't want anyone who is filing a sanction report to place the name of the violator in the title. Am I right? If that's that case any violation report submitted can not be viewed by anyone excepting admins. Where's the problem?
So you are asking the admins to reword the 'modified' template so that people don't place the offenders name into the subtitle?

I can understand that. Talk to Xoria, I think he modified the wording your on about.

For peace on this server!

*EDIT: Nice to see my template is being used, and as Del said, makes you popular to the opposite sex;)
Yay for Bacon! you got there in the end!
I disagree. If someone breaks the rules, we laugh at them. How do we laugh at someone if we dont know their name?

Then again, it would be much easier for me if I could just make a general "I'm laughing at you, rule breaker!" thread, rather than having to point out individual names and cases.

There's hardly a value in making the sanction report anonymous if the admins will give out screenshots with the reporting player's name in them if the person questions their sanction.
:

i am sure you can imagine what happens when someone that has NOT violated any rules. is mentioned in a report. - or would you like to read:

Reported for re-engaging and ooRP
-->Tenacity

on the forum? - no matter if you are guildty or not, everyone will remember three things. - your name, and your two supposed violations. - even if there won t be a sanction afterwards... thats what people remember.
so - yes, a report should be anonymous and neutral. its only the admins business to know who is reported, not the communities.

a report can easily be columny. its the decent thing not to include a name in a report - and i don t even agree with public sanction reports. - its like beheading someone in front of a jeering crowd of people - middle ages much?
As I have heard before, one sanction report can ruin your reputation as a player and a RP player.

I support this movement, and Tenacity, its ok to laugh at people, but laughing at them directly makes you a bit of a jerk, do it on your own accord and not in the forums.
' Wrote:I disagree. If someone breaks the rules, we laugh at them. How do we laugh at someone if we dont know their name?

Err...you've got some serious issues man...:P

Anyway, I agree with this, the reports are supposed to be anonymous anyway.
The only reason to make the process anonymous is to hide bias, false reporting and unfair moderation.

There is a reason trials in civilized countries are done openly.
Pages: 1 2 3