Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The great Guard system cull
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Don't spoil the atmos & takeaway Humboldt and merge it to Kansas,do it the other way round.
I liked the idea of the Discovers/adventurers & the naming conventions like Galileo & Kepler in
Freelancer, the mod done well keeping that up with bringing in Humboldt.

Kansas?...Yawnarama!
I've seen mention of an Omicron system revision so perhaps that will make my post redundant.

Regardless, I believe there are multiple incredibly boring Omicron systems on the very upper region of Sirius; specifically the 80s series. I don't currently have a character that has that region charted properly nor one near there, but from memory they were 80-82. Flying through those systems felt unfulfilling as they seemed to be placed there for no reason other than to expand Sirius. They seem for the most part bland and unneeded. Hopefully this can be changed by adding objects of interest or combining the systems or something. I was semi-conscious at the time due to being awake for ~34 hours so that of course could change my view of it. I am also not taking into account the potential 'strategical' value the systems might have for OC and/or the Frenchies.

With the Greek lettering Omicron systems there are two entirely separate paths through them. If you are on one there is no way to get to the other without returning to the fork. This makes the systems somewhat awkward to move through. I understand this was probably done to increase traffic in Hispania cap worlds (conveniently being the two forks on either end) but it does feel quite uncomfortable to move through the Omicrons because of this.

Kansas really is a one trick pony right now though. Perhaps that was deliberate?

My two cents.
(08-04-2014, 10:42 AM)Mrs. Altejago Wrote: [ -> ]As PLR: I would like to see Cassini be kept...

I will have to think about how to do this. Most likely, some extreme shrinking will be in order.

(08-04-2014, 11:11 AM)NOVA-5 Wrote: [ -> ]Don't spoil the atmos & takeaway Humboldt and merge it to Kansas,do it the other way round.

A smaller object will fit inside a larger object, but a larger object will not fit inside a smaller one. So too is it far easier, technically speaking, to merge Humboldt's assets into another system. Not to mention, Kansas has far more history which would be spoiled by heavily rearranging its layout.

(08-04-2014, 08:51 PM)Straws Wrote: [ -> ]I've seen mention of an Omicron system revision so perhaps that will make my post redundant.

Plans are not yet drawn up for the Hispanic guard systems. Merging and/or cutting with the neighbouring Hispanic systems may be in order.
Any news on where the unioner guard stations from duesseldorf will be going?
I wonder what you want to do with the stations from Tau 65.
Will you simply delete them? Or spread them around in Kusari?
Some places can be used for them.

- Chanai Biodome Project
- Kawada Research Complex and its Ekitei X-Ray Pulsar
- Takada Shipyard
- The Golden Chrysanthemum Planet Kitahara

All of those things contain RP and I just wonder if you want simply throw over it.
I would be glad to hear some infos about that.
Any more changes that we could get sneak peek into?
For Rheinland Military and MND stuff, would it be alright if you added it to the Westerwald in Frankfurt? That is Alaska of Rheinland and it makes sense to have all the secret stuff secure and tucked away from prying eyes there.
(07-29-2014, 12:56 PM)Ponge Wrote: [ -> ]"Puerto Rico - de-Guard, revise layout, receive Humboldt assets"
This means Humboldt will be cut? And the ore fields?

Also, Junkers are using their guard system more than all other factions combined; if the lack of activity is the reasoning behind deleting the Guard systems, then Puerto Rico should be left alone, logically. Humboldt could be merged into Kansas.

I say leave Kansas alone. That's a brilliant system that deserves no change.
(09-20-2014, 02:09 PM)Freedom Phantom Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-29-2014, 12:56 PM)Ponge Wrote: [ -> ]"Puerto Rico - de-Guard, revise layout, receive Humboldt assets"

Also, Junkers are using their guard system more than all other factions combined; if the lack of activity is the reasoning behind deleting the Guard systems, then Puerto Rico should be left alone, logically. Humboldt could be merged into Kansas.

How is buffer system brilliant?
(09-20-2014, 02:10 PM)Snak3 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-20-2014, 02:09 PM)Freedom Phantom Wrote: [ -> ]

How is buffer system brilliant?

It's a special system. It looks cool, it's mysterious and has tons of stuff in it. They are there just for the looks, but that's what makes it special. The system is deserted.
For example, the Junction Wreck in the field where the Magellan jumphole is. It's a thing that I'd like to know about, but I have no idea how I could find anything about it.
Not the best at explaining stuff, mainly because I have a headache. But, meh. I'm not the one in charge. I'd prefer Kansas to stay as it is though.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10