Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Deep Space Engineering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: XnhTiZ6.png]

Hello there, I suppose i've contacted you gentlemen at the office enough to skip past the formalities of introductions. Sorta exciting, hmm? A shame professionalization is so important. No matter, it's that way for a reason, nor do I wish it to change.

At any rate, to the point I suppose. I've been looking over the financial data for the Cold Lake Project, and have noticed that almost all of the shipments have been complete and moved to a storehouse nearby. Although thanks to some employee databases on the project which has been provided when we started working with you on the project, i've noticed that things are moving rather.. slow right now.

While this may be a strange thing for someone in a financial position to suggest, I do know of someone who may be able to speed things up a little. While I don't know him as an Interspace representative, I did meet him through a.. Ah.. Friend of mine I suppose is a way to put it. The man I admit is lazy beyond belief, although if you put him in front of some high tech machinery, i've never seen anyone else jump on top of the project like he has.

His name is Sam Ristau. I've included the communication frequency and encoding to reach him through the Neural Net as an attachment if you're interested. I'm sure he'd love to get away from standard Ageira work on Trade-Lanes.

I'll leave the decision up to you, I merely thought it may be time to put in a suggestion which could be beneficial to the project as a whole. I'm looking forward for the completion.
DOE INDUSTRIES
PLANET PITTSBURGH
NEW YORK

Jacob,
  • John here, long time no hear. You're right, the project has all but come to a stand still and for once, it's not because of finances.

Our issue at the moment is our under staffing in Deep Space Engineering to complete a lot of the manufacturing of our larger components for the project, essentially due to under qualified Deep Space Engineering engineers.

If your Ageira friend is eager to get into the nitty gritty of the project, then by all means send him our way. With Ageira being un-unified at this time, it's proving difficult to push forward through the final stages of the project. With the dealine looming on us for a test run, we're in dire need for someone with the capacity to see this through and get us back on track.

As you're well aware, finances are not an issue so offer him a reasonable remuneration as well as unlimited access to all of Deep Space Engineering's technical departments as well as having his own personal research labs on DISP.

Once contact is made and you've caught his interest, get him into this channel to make things start turning over again.

If you're free for a coffee, I'm back from my holiday and am easing back into the swing of things albeit on the easy side. Just call me and I'll meet you anywhere.

Always,

John Doe
President
Doe Industries
NEW YORK
[Image: XnhTiZ6.png]

Hey there John, nice to hear from you again. Glad to see that you're still on top of things like you always have been.

I'll see about sending out my messages and get in contact with with the acquaintance of mine, and have him push something over to your inbox. Perhaps you'll be able to pick at his mind for a little before putting him on the Cold Lake. Hopefully you'll find him an asset to the project.

I've also taken the liberty of looking into the more detailed aspects of the staffing and capacities by the Deep Space Engineering and where things are allocated. I was not aware of the situation beforehand, as the parts seemed to make it to the storehouses alright. Now that I look at it however, i'm a little surprised at the manpower you've been running at since the beginning. I suppose everyone has other projects to work on as well, eh?

Perhaps I may make a suggestion, Interspace ourselves have worked quite a while with the Daumann Heavy Construction. They have proven themselves a reliable source again and again for projects of their word. Perhaps with the new relations Deep Space Engineering has entered with Rhienland, maybe some sourcing can be allocated over to them. I'm sure they would be more than willing of getting a slice of the pie, and it is easily a solution to some of the staffing problem.

I'll let that one sit on you. Sadly I have to run, perhaps i'll take you up on your coffee offer sometime soon.

If you ever need anything, don't hesitate to send me a message. Until then.
DOE INDUSTRIES
PLANET PITTSBURGH
NEW YORK

Jacob,
  • I agree, we've done well to maintain our deadline so far despite set backs with various sister companies. However I do believe that if there was a chance to outsource to a contractor who is eager for the work and the relations then we can continue to move this project along at our continued pace.

Daumann you say? I'm unsure about this war but I am tired of it and if the news I am hearing is accurate then Rheinland is certianly feeling the pinch. With a better business relationship with those across the border, the proverbial ego flaunting the two militaries are undertaking at this moment will be something they can do on their own.
    We're here to make money and progress through these tough times. It's not hidden fact Liberty is lacking friends, nor is the near collapse of both the Rheinland and Librety economy due to the excessive costs being paid to maintain such a stagnant war effort. With bigger concerns on our borders, we should be seeking co-operation; not segregation.

If you wish, set up a meeting with the Daumann representative and I'll have a delegation meet you anywhere you see fit.

As with your friend, send him my contact details and let's get talking. We need someone with expertise and experience in the fields of FTL travel and advanced cold fusion power supplies. It isn't something we're lacking, however we are limited with our capacity.

Regards,

John Doe
President
Doe Industries
NEW YORK