Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Help me choose an MP3 Player
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Sony Walkman Players. Very reliable.
Loved my old one. 256MB Network Walkman.
Compact, Atrac format can hold upto 200 Songs. Sounds Great, Its loud, 70 Hour Battery on one AAA. Plus very cheap
Sony, Creative, Samsung and iPod are some of the best.
Hell, i'm personaly amazingly pleased by my "ZEN" Creative MP4 player. Creative's got some good stuff, suggest you check it out.
[Image: s610jj8.jpg]

This. Sony S610 series. Sexy as hell, lightining fast, and with a good pair of IEM's, it's sound rocks.
i'm pretty happy with my sandisk sansa e270 6GB version... the battery life is great but the 6GB are a bit limiting for a person like me who has a lot of music.

it also has a lot of cons but the player itself, for the price is just really great.

pros:
- it's not an ipod (most important criteria i guess haha:D)
- long battery life
- nice and small, came with a nice pouch to put it in (has the same size as ferongrs S610 thingy)
- the interface is straightforward. no touch sensitive buttons like on the ipods *yay* all are mechanical. which means you can skip tracks without taking the player out of your pocket.
- it reads the track info from the ID3 tag (this is a pro and a con)
- looks fragile but it's not! i let it fall onto a stone from waist height 2 times or so, still is strong and running:)
- can play small videos and has a program that converts any file i think into a playable format for the player. i never used this option as it's just completely useless to me
- has that exact same docking plug that ipods have so i imagine it is compatible with hardware that can use ipods (haven't tested)
- you can record stuff with it. pretty nifty option but i never needed it

cons: (has quite a few but meh for the price what the hell)
- some options are a bit hidden, like the equalizer
- it doesn't have a program like itunes that lets you organize your music or the equivalent from creative. (not really that bad since i keep my music oragnized anyway)
- it reads the track info from the ID3 tag (why a con? if they are messed up you're crewed and some ID3tag versions aren't recognized. you have to sort that out by yourself which is hell-a annoying)
- imo it takes too long to boot
- imo the fast forwarding in a track takes too long, and is not programmed well (i listen to a lot of mixes and those are usually about an hour long tracks and when i rarely want to skip a part in a track, that is when this issue gets annoying)
- when you have a mix running that is chopped up into the single tracks then there is just a slight pause between each track. that is reeeaaallllyyyy annoying.
- you need to update the firmware if you want it to play acceptable loud volumes
- there is an extra button for the recording on the side of the player... each and every fooking time you press it, it starts recording, no matter what. i really hate that about the player, but you get used to not grabbing it where the button is:)

in the end the pros outweigh this player, especially for the price!

i used to own a first gen Creative Zen player 20GB loved that one till it broke.:(sadly creative doesn't really have what i am looking for so meh
I've got three. A generic 512MB Trio, a 40GB Creative Zen Xtra, and a 1GB MicroSD on my Razr V3m.
I'm using my Sony Ericsson w890i as a walkman :laugh:
2GB on it, sound is perfect, the whole mobile is sexy.

I love my Zen Xtra and my Zen Vision:M so much:D
If you want Battery life, go with Sony.
If you want a small capacity/size ratio, go with creative
If you want a battery life that keeps at it's optimum for several years, go with an iPod.
I personally have a Creative, but it's almost dead, so I'm going to try a Nano soon.
' Wrote:I don't want an ipod, I don't want epic expensive prices for the name.

Good man.

My brother has a Samsung T10, it works fairly well. And by fairly well I mean he has a habit of breaking just about anything. It's still breathing.
I'm still using a samsung z5 I've never really wanted to change it although I don't think it's sold anymore what I still like about it is the battery life is around 28 hours and it can play OGG files. No doubt sooner or later the battery will die on it though then I think I'll go for another samsung or maybe a cowon.

Oh another big plus for it is you can just drag and drop the files on it no stupid software involved and it works on linux as well.

If I buy another one I want it to do the same I think cowon players are probably the best all round if I had to
Pages: 1 2 3