Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Looks like a lot has changed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Don't suppose anyone anywhere has a "This is the new stuff" from 4.84/5 through to now? I see a lot of references to cloaks and stuff. Would be nice to see a decent list.

Anyway. Hello Discovery, how are things? Who's in charge these days? How are things?
Nope, I came back recently and asked the same thing. The wiki is horribly outdated and nobody seems to want to post info for returning vets.

The universal answer seems to be "flcompanion".
And FLStat.
Long time didn't see you. I've made three ship models in!
Peak numbers are 80 ppl average.
Everything else... Might be the same.
Congrats Swallow Smile Which ones?

Tenacity! Long time dude. Well, they can't make it easy now. Disco has always been good at self-ego-stroking and being notoriously unwelcome to newbies. It's like being at an exclusive club, except all the hot girls are missing, and the people in charge are the geekiest ones. Ah, good to pop in.

Community wise, has much changed?
Yea, the general IQ seems to have dropped dramatically, and with it the ability to spell or form coherent sentences. I think it's a side effect of the **** that was starting to break out around the time I left.

The definition of quality role play also seems to have been significantly altered.
Ah, the ****, yes, I remember it well.

Well, you were always the... pessimistic one of us Tenacity, I'm sure there are others who have a slightly optimistic view of the community. What brought you back anyway? Do remember that the IQ of the group is the lowest IQ divided by the number of people in the group. Has the admin team expanded?

Well, role play is determined by the determination of those who play, and what they want from it. If we wanted a community of the best, we had to provide an incentive for those to come and to stay. We failed. Still, the ones who stayed created a community of their own, and it's theirs now. I'm surprised it's lasted so long. Pleasantly surprised though Smile
well of course, there has been changes, alot. But lesser, WAY lesser players Sad back in 4.84 / 85 the days are over where you had to wait until 1 slot got free...
Way fewer. Oh dear, grammar has gone to the dogs, I'll need a drink after this.

Yes, I remember the days of trying to get onto the server. Well Blade, can you give an overview of some of the changes?
Added **** because that sort of thing is basically the root of what you were talking about, just on the other foot.
Pages: 1 2 3 4