Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To Lady Black, from the Fisherman
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 3RGjLcI.jpg?1]

Establishing connection 40% ... 70% 100%
Link established, receiving feed.
Source: Planet Junyo, Shikoku System

Konnichiwa, this is the Fisherman, from you well known Takarabune Company.
I hope everything is well after our last meeting. I hope I will be able to grace your fine establishment with some fine drinks and delicacies next time we meet.

Speaking of meeting, I have encountered one interesting individual who presented me with some documents. The content of the documents is interesting, but the important thing are the considerations it had about the Hogosha and its role in Kusari.

As you are aware, the esteemed Black Dragon Society has fallen silent, the result of a long dwindling phase. It is nothing new, as it is usual for the Grand Syndicates to come and go, quickly replaced by a new and more vigorous organization. Such cycle has been occurring for more than a century, and the Hogosha have been able to maintain a sense of control.

However, the end of this cycle presents a different reality. The long period of a totalitarian but apathetic control of the Black Dragon has left us with a weakened Hogosha community, deprived of some of it's centennial rights, of its utmost importance in the relation with the Corsairs, and unable to fend off the ever growing threats form abroad, while barely keeping control within Kusari.

Some might say it was the fate that came with the regime change, some might say it was a change of the way of our enemies acting and relating with each other. I believe that the Hogosha grew weaker because they took a backseat with the flow of the corporations, and traded power for petty wealth.

Of course it is within reach of the Hogosha to retake all of this. But what I see is a different scenario from what would expect. Instead of a strong organization, I see a few disperse groups, lacking the support of each other, lacking a strong unity and purpose to defend what is theirs, what is of the Hogosha.

We of the Takarabune Company are not the best to lead a fight, to demand strength, to rule from the Tau to the Sigma systems. However, we have a vision of something bigger than us, something that belongs to all of those who swear loyalty to the syndicates, to all who call themselves the Hogosha, the Protectors of Kusari.

This long speech has a reason to be. We want to push for a stronger cooperation with all the syndicates, to bring prosperity to all without wasting our forces out-competing each other, to defend Kusari and the material and cultural riches it possesses.

We wish to form a Association, a Hogosha Association, and I feel the presence of Lady Black, of Kimiko Takehiko-san and it's people are an essential part for its prosperous beginning.

Tomorrow we might all become the lords of Kusari. Tomorrow we might be the ones who command the wealth of Sirius. Tomorrow we might vanquish the threats of our enemies, those within, and those without.

Tomorrow we might, if we start working for it today.

May the Fortunes guide your path to Glory, for all Hogosha.
The Fisherman