Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: IMG - Jack Henderson | From: Rheinland Federal Polizei
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: RFPHeader1.png]

[Image: Laura_Carsten9.jpg]

PRIORITY: High
ENCRYPTION: Medium
IDENTIFICATION: RFP Polizeidirektor Laura Carsten
SOURCE: Nibelung Polizei Plaza, planet New Berlin
SUBJECT: Your report and criminal group docking on Freistadt

Guten Tag, Herr Henderson. My name is Laura Carsten and I´m polizeidirektor of Rheinland Federal Polizei. Week ago you sent to us report about two criminals which attacked IMG ships in Stuttgart system. Danke for your information. Event which your informed us about is of course serious matter and was investigated already and both attackers were punished according to crimes they committed. We hope that attack of civilian ships like this won´t happen again. In case it will, inform us, bitte.

But this isn´t the only reason why I´m sending this message to you. I assume you noticed announcement about group of freelancers marked with UEC| tag which were declared criminals and terrorists by Rheinland authorities. If not somehow, you can see it now...

LOADING DATA ATTACHMENT
(09-01-2014, 10:38 PM)Rheinland Criminal Database Wrote: [ -> ]

ENCRYPTION: None
IDENTIFICATION: Rheinland Criminal Database Information System
SOURCE: Nibelung Polizei Plaza, Planet New Berlin
COPY TO: Rheinland Bundespolizei Broadcast, Rheinwehr Oberkommando, Kanzler office
SUBJECT: Affiliation status notification

Notification of Rheinland Federal Polizei:

UEC| tagged ships are hereby declared as criminals and terrorists in Rheinland and added to Rheinland Criminal Database. If found within Rheinland space, they are to be neutralized and everybody onboard arrested. Use of deadly force is authorized in case their crew will resist.

After attack on civilian station and ships, working for hostile Corsair nation and threats of further attacks in Rheinland house, ships of this group and group itself were found guilty by the court for violation of these paragraphs of Article Two of Rheinland laws:

Quote:§2.3.3.1. Persons suspected of committing acts of piracy or terror are to be put under arrest.
§2.4.7. Assault on civilians or representatives of law enforcement authorities.
§2.6.1. Any of aforementioned crimes if performed by employees of a corporation are a subject for multiplied fines or sanctions against the whole corporation.
§2.6.2. Any of aforementioned crimes if performed by the administration of a corporation may be a subject to an arrest of all vessels of that corporation present in Rheinland space for the time of the investigation as well as a subject for multiplied fines or sanctions against the whole corporation.

Mit Freundlichen Grüßen,
Rheinland Bundespolizei

END OF THE MESSAGE

Now to how is this issue related to IMG. Ships of this group were on two occasions spotted and documented docking on Freistadt Base. Fortunately for you, it happened before mentioned announcement so in time when UEC group was not officially declared as enemy of Rheinland. Thus you are not in danger of any punishment for harbouring said ships. Even despite that in the first case Freistadt traffic control let dock UEC ship which was at the moment under fire of military ships because of previous attack on civilian station and ships, what looks...suspicious to say at least. You can see some images from this event, which were provided by Kruger security ship, in this data attachment...

LOADING DATA ATTACHMENT
1 2 3 4

Anyway, UEC group now has clear unlawful status. I hope you knew it already and if for some reason not, now you know. Intention of this message is reminder...or even warning if you want - make sure that no UEC ship will dock on Freistadt again. If this will happen, there may be harsh consequencies, especially in case they will use your base as refuge during escape from law enforcers. You have been warned.

Polizeidirektor Carsten out.

END OF THE MESSAGE
[Image: jack.png]

**** SENDER: Jack Henderson, IMG Operations ****

**** TO: RFP Polizeidirektor Laura Carsten ****

Dear Polizeidirektor Carsten,

The Guild has already updated the docking permissions after the report was made by the Rheinland Military at the scene. By now, all UEC vessels should be set to no-dockning status.

However, as a caveat, we cannot guarantee complete protection, as these Freelancer ID-transponders are tricky and glitchy. Every new ship that this group aquires could theoretically even dock at Planet New Berlin or the Omega 7 Battleship.

Anyway, you can rest assured that the Guild has no intention to house a group that acts in a hostile way to Rheinland and its Corporations and then expects the IMG to host them. The Guild also relies on a relative stability in Omega 7. We share that interest.

I would ask you to contact me directly in case some issues come up again, however I hope that the presence of the Battleship should discourage enemies of Rheinland to even think about docking at Freistadt.

Furthermore, thank you for taking care of the hunter thread. You understand that the Guild will have to treat those hunters as criminals and we will be taking the necessary steps to defend ourselves against them. When bombers are involved, civilian mining ships and transports cannot take too many risks. I am sure you understand that.

Jack Henderson
IMG Operations

[Image: end.png]

Guten Tag again, Herr Henderson. I´m glad to hear you already took necessary measures related to change of UEC group status in Rheinland. I agree that Freelancer transponders are tricky and often hacked, but at least existing ships of these terrorists really shouldn´t be seen docking on Freistadt.

Anyway, now to the issue of those two freelancers which attacked in Stuttgart. Hearing you speaking about "taking necessary steps to defend against them", I should probably inform you about punishments so you won´t get into problems with laws yourself.

Pilot of ship John.Titor was sentenced to death. So if you meet him again in Rheinland, feel free to open fire if necessary like on any other criminal. But pilot of the ship Toma.Tajfun was, due to lack of evidence and less seriousness of reported consequences of his actions, sentencend "only" to fine, which was already paid so he is not considered criminal in Rheinland now. For this reason, I should warn you that if you open fire first on this ship, it will be you who will break Rheinland laws. But fire is allowed in case of self-defence or defence of attacked ship of course. Just be sure to keep enough evidence about who started the shooting. That´s my advice for you.

But I hope this situation will not happen. Polizeidirektor Carsten out.

END OF THE MESSAGE

Thank you for the status update on these two hunters.

While I do not understand how there can be doubt about the man's guilt, I cannot order my defense teams to let him operate anywhere near IMG operations. This man has stated his mission to attack and destroy IMG assets and there is no doubt about his hostility. However, we will try not to attack unprovoked.

I understand you have your rulebook to play by, of course. And I also know you do not draw up the verdicts.

Thank you for the message. I guess we will be in contact.

Jack Henderson
IMG Operations

Herr Henderson! It is exactly how you said. I´m not making the judgments but I have to respect them. Anyway, if it will help you, I´m sending you list of UEC ships which were so far reported to Rheinland Federal Polizei.

LOADING DATA ATTACHMENT
But this matter is actually unimportant at the moment! Time to bring completely different one. Very, very serious matter! Polizei recently received very disturbing pictures. Look yourself...

LOADING DATA ATTACHMENT
1 2 3 4

I await explanation, Herr Henderson. Why is IMG| ship docking on Red Hessian base? What dealings IMG has with these enemies of Rheinland? Why your ship is not target of robbery or even shooting, but instead is allowed to dock there?

I hope you realize this may have very, very serious consequencies for Independent Miners Guild. Polizeidirektor Carsten out.

END OF THE MESSAGE

I was curious about how fast you would get back to me, and for sure you proved that you take your job seriously.

These pictures show an IMG transport picking up Food to take it to Cameron Solar Port, an independent base in Omega 9 that was in need of these supplies. Please check the time signatures of the attached images to verify that this is the same flight.

[Image: C2NRlBm.png]

[Image: 2Cm7wVH.png]

Technically, a neutral party in a conflict has docking access to both sides of the conflict. Out of respect for Rheinland laws and to keep its neutral status, the Guild does not use Hessian installations inside Rheinland's jurisdiction.

To conclude, these pictures were taken by a highly dubious ship, in a zone far outside of Rheinland's jurisdiction or interest. They show a harmless supply operation of a Zoner installation located outside of Rheinland's influence. This operation has no influence on Rheinland's inter-House conflict and therefore in no way conflicts with the IMG's neutrality stance.

The dubious, seemingly invisible ship could be identified by the crew as the Kruger|KMS-Erwitte because it appeared on scanners for a short moment before getting out of range. Knowing Kruger's troubled past, its involvement in covert and open hostility, and given the corporation's obvious push for conflict in the Sigmas and Omegas, I strongly suspect that this whole affair is a conscious attempt to destabilize the fragile peace and the mutually beneficial cooperation that has been established between the Guild and Rheinland.

As far as the Guild is concerned, such attempts to escalate the tensions must be countered. Sustaining peace and stability in the Omegas must be the common goal towards which we work.

Hochachtungsvoll

Jack Henderson
IMG Operations

Herr Henderson, I must say...I´m actually not sure what to say exactly after I saw your message. I probably need more clarification from you because more and more questions come to my mind.

So, if you can answer me, bitte. Do I understand it right that you are regularly docking on Hessian bases outside Rheinland space? That you are buying cargo from them? That you are trading with them? Don´t you think that your money actually indirectly support these criminals and terrorists? And why you think Rheinland should tolerate this?

But apart from these questions, there is something what confuses me completely. I guess you remember this event very well...

LOADING DATA ATTACHMENT
SHOW NEURAL NET LINK

Less than year ago, you reported that Red Hessians attacked your shipyard in Omega-3 using even the heaviest weaponry - Jormugand class battleship. They damaged the base, stole three Shishapangma class transports and also wounded several people, some of them even seriously. What was the total cost of all damages? 250 million? 300 million? Even your spokeperson, fraülein Ryan, called attackers "the Hessian criminals".

Now, ten months later, you are speaking about neutrality and possession of access to Hessian bases where you can dock and buy supplies. What do I miss hier, Herr Henderson? What was the cost of status change from "criminals who attacked our base, stole our ships and wounded our employees" to "neutral entity". And who actually paid it to who, Hessians to IMG, or it was even conversely?

By the way, one more question comes to my mind. If IMG is allowed to dock on Hessian bases and obtain needed supplies there, are Red Hessians in same way allowed to dock on IMG bases and obtain supplies which they need? And I´m not talking about Freistadt, I´m sure you know what this would cause. I´m asking about bases outside Rheinland, for example Aland shipyard or your bases in Cambridge system.

Note at the end. Why you think that it isn´t Rheiland interest to know what is going on in Omega systems right next to our most important mining system? Also, it is very interesting to hear your concerns about peace and stability in Omegas while Hessians are using money from you to buy weapons which they will use for attacks on law enforcers or even civilians.

I´m awaiting your reply and your answers, Herr Henderson. Polizeidirector Carsten out.

END OF THE MESSAGE

I am surprised that these pictures stir such attention and warrant such an investigation, therefore I will try to answer your questions as well as I can one by one.

Your question: "Are you docking regularly on Hessian bases outside Rheinland space?"

We are not regularly docking on Hessian bases, and we never dock on Hessian bases inside Rheinland jurisdiction, as we respect House Laws and remain neutral in the internal conflict.

Your question: "Are you buying cargo from them?"

The few shipments we obtained consist of harmless basic supplies. The only shipments registered are those between Omega 5 and Omega 9 and they consist of Food, Oxygen and Water for the Zoner installation.

Your question: "Are you trading with them?"

There is hardly trade going on between the Guild and if commanders do this, the Guild does not know about it. There are no trade agreements between the Guild and the Hessians.

Your question: "Don´t you think that your money actually indirectly support these criminals and terrorists?"

The Guild supports the economy of Rheinland by providing vast shipments of Niobium and Beryllium for the New Berlin and ALG smelters, thus contributing a lot more to the Rheinland economy than marginal payments for a few supply shipments contribute to the Hessian economy.

Your question: "Should Rheinland tolerate this?"

In every political decision, every party has to weigh the advantages and disadvantages. The Guild has been favouring the destinations of New Berlin and Dortmund for raw resource deliveries over more attractive offers so far, thus contributing positively to Rheinland's Gross Domestic Product. On the other hand, the Guild must seem like a source of trouble sometimes. Balancing a decision between political trouble and economic benefit is on the Bundestag to decide.

In response to the questions concerning the Hessian raid that resulted in the destruction of IMG and Hessian assets and the loss of some transports, I can give the following statement:

Diplomatic stances are in constant flux, and so are conflicts. The conflict that was sparked by the attack was solved by diplomatic means after some more armed clashes. After ceasefire negotiations, it became clear that neither the Red Hessian movement nor the Guild had an appetite for prolonged conflict.

Your question: "Can Hessian vessels dock at IMG installations?"

Battleship Schwerin has discouraged Hessians from trying it, and I only know of one case* that tried and was arrested after crashdocking and handed over to Rheinland authorities. Freistadt has since had more than 374.000 dockings, none of which were Hessians. I am convinced the RFP can easily crosscheck these records that are doubtlessly also documented on the Schwerin.

Bretonian law forbids the docking of Hessian forces on IMG installations, therefore Hessian ships are not docked on IMG installations inside Bretonia.

As a concluding remark, I would like to add: Neutrality can be a difficult and tricky concept, and it is hard to uphold. Very seldom all affected parties are happy and the Guild gets their fair share of Hessian aggression, as well as their fair share of Rheinland aggression. For us, it is always the goal to stay out of it as well as we can. Future will tell, I assume.

Jack Henderson
IMG Operations

* //this very odd indie-indie incident was most likely staged and for roleplay sake (as Rheinland will insist it happened once), the pilot was handed over to RFP. Everything else is just indie-lolwuttism and is ignored by me.

[Image: Laura_Carsten10.jpg]

Guild gets their fair share of Rheinland aggression? What the hell are you talking about?! Did I miss some event when Rheinland military attacked Freistadt with battleship and stole you three large transports? Did I miss robberies when polizei ships stopped your transports with ore and then pirated them?! How dare you compare actions of...

*takes a breath and calms down, then continues in fast rate with ice formal voice*

Danke for your answers, Herr Henderson. I agree with you, but just about the point that decisions are up to Bundestag.

That´s all for now, polizeidirector Carsten out!

END OF THE MESSAGE

I regret that you misunderstood my statement. Aggression of Rheinland relates to the Corporations that have been fighting the Guild more or less directly since their arrival in Omega 7.

Around 3 years ago DHC bomber attacks damaged Freistadt's Hangars A and B severely after an Omega 7 inter-corporation standoff. In the standoff, Rheinland warships fired at IMG and independent transports. Kruger Vigilantes terrorized the Guild around 2 years ago and has been involved in direct or indirect aggression ever since. There have been several hot and many cold conflicts over the course of the years.

This is the sort of aggression I am talking of. I apologize if my words were not clear enough.

I hope I was able to answer your questions.

Jack Henderson
IMG Operations