Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Holman's Heroes - Information / Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

History and Information

Holman Outpost was constructed in the late 600s after the formation of the Independent Miners Guild. Due to competition with BMM, the IMG decided to strike new claims deep in unexplored territory, and Tau-31 was selected for a mining outpost. Before long, water and oxygen miners descended from the base, collecting from the rich fields of pure oxygen and frozen water in the many crystals surrounding the base. These oxygen and water shipments went out to various IMG and Zoner bases deep in the Taus, as further and further the exploratory guild probed into deep space.

Eventually, contact with the Outcasts was established, and before long, piracy attempts were being made on hapless transports. The Guild Defense Force was formed, consisting mainly of miners-turned-fighters, using used civilian ships with guns bolted on that barely functioned. Yet, they were still somehow successful in dissuading pirates from striking IMG convoys, and before long, they had made a name for themselves - Holman’s Heroes, they were called, the finest of the Guild Patrolmen available.

However, times were rough on Holman. With the invasion of Gallia into the Taus, the IMG were hastily forced into a non-aggression pact while the Bretonian infrastructure crumbled around them. As this happened, it became harder to make profit out of water and oxygen from the base, and thus many workers were forced to be laid off. Eventually, it got to the point that Holman miners would leave their designated areas to go mine in Tau-23, Tau-29, or even Dublin, just to make the money they needed to support their families. As this grew worse and worse, some of the miners even headed down into the Omegas, where rich fields of Silver, Copper, and Cobalt resided, ready to be claimed. As more and more the population of Holman suffered under Gallic occupation, Holman’s Heroes decided to take action. Leading a convoy full of transports down through war-stricken Bretonia, they left behind their namesake home, and established themselves in the deep Omegas, hoping to strike a profit on the rich ore fields there, free from Gallic oppression.

However, the Rheinland corporations had other plans. The ruthless Daumann and Kruger miner executives would not stand for these miners taking up valuable real estate, and gave them an ultimatum to either stand down and be assimilated into their parent companies, or be evicted forcefully. Holman’s Heroes chose the second option, and took up arms against the ruthless corporations.

Today, Holman’s Heroes is a symbol for the true virtues of the Independent Miners Guild - fighting against the oppressive mining corporations and safeguarding the people of the Omegas from oppression. Rumour has it that some of the Heroes even still persist on Holman, taking down Outcasts in the hope of clearing out their home.

Diplomacy

Allied

Independent Miners Guild
Colonial Republic

Friendly

Mollys
Red Hessians

Neutral

Deep Space Engineering
Kishiro Technologies
Samura Heavy Industries
Gas Miners Guild
All others not listed

Unfriendly

Federal Republic of Rheinland
Kingdom of Gallia

Hostile

Bretonia Mining and Manufacturing
Gallic Metal Service

At War

Kruger Minerals
Daumann Heavy Construction

Goals

• Fight for oppressed miners throughout Sirius
  • Dismantle the horrid mining corporations, namely Daumann and Kruger
  • Generate profit to continue the campaign via mining and trade
  • Supporting the Molly and Hessian causes via Blood Diamond and Gold Ore trade
  • Take advantage of the vast water and oxygen fields surrounding Holman

Zone of Influence

• Primary: Omega-3, Omega-7, Omega-11, Taus
  • Secondary: Dublin
  • Tertiary: Omega-9, Cambridge

Auxiliary Information

• ID: Independent Mining Guild
  • IFF: Independent Mining Guild
  • Naming Convention: [HH]-NameHere
While I certainly like idea of IMG using "unlawful" lines in their ID, right now official IMG faction is desperately trying to not to be banned from Rheinland. You sure you want to endanger your officials position in that way?

Also Freistadt Fighters sounds nice aswell.
Good luck with your Holman Heroes and thank you for listening to my input on it.

I actually really like the idea to portray different shades of the ID that can range from moderate (like IMG|) to extreme interpretations of the IMG. Like in any real party where you have moderates and exterme wings, but they are still a group.

(09-09-2014, 08:10 AM)Zayne Carrick Wrote: [ -> ][...] right now official IMG faction is desperately trying to not to be banned from Rheinland. You sure you want to endanger your officials position in that way?

This is not an entirely true perception. I do not think that HH makes a difference in this question. As it is a tagged and clearly defined subgroup, e.g. Rheinland can deal with them directly, contact them directly, FR5 them (if necessary) directly, etc. It is a typical Disco phenomenon that you do not gun for the real perpetrator but for the official faction. Don't. I am IMG|. If you have a problem with HH, you know where to call.

Oh and just say this here, because this will become an issue: As long as the HH stay inside the IMG ID, IMG| will have no way of halting/influencing their actions via Faction Rights. Don't even come to me about that. I cannot force indies to play their faction my way and just because my version of IMG| tries to remain neutral with houses, extremer shades of groups can do as they wish without me having any influence.

Anyway, looking forward to playing with you guys.
jeje! i looks really interesting, go for it!
i hope to see you soon as congressman, or anything else.
Will be good to see some IMG kicking kruger/DHC ass for once Big Grin
(even if i understand Jack stance with them)
Is Holman in fact your central base? It'll be somewhat confusing to attack players half way across Sirius bearing the name of a base no where nearby.
(09-09-2014, 08:10 AM)Zayne Carrick Wrote: [ -> ]While I certainly like idea of IMG using "unlawful" lines in their ID, right now official IMG faction is desperately trying to not to be banned from Rheinland. You sure you want to endanger your officials position in that way?

Also Freistadt Fighters sounds nice aswell.

As long as Jack doesn't claim responsibility, or forced into a situation where he has to, IMG| shouldn't suffer any issues.
(09-09-2014, 02:19 PM)KaiserDietz Wrote: [ -> ]Is Holman in fact your central base? It'll be somewhat confusing to attack players half way across Sirius bearing the name of a base no where nearby.

The name originates from the original home of the guildsmen. Due to Gallic occupation, HH now operates primarily in the omegas with a small force in the Taus.
Considering the already bad blood between IMG and Kruger, with their OORP dislike for each other, I believe this faction concept is poorly timed and will only fan the flames of hate that I'm currently trying to quench.
(09-09-2014, 03:28 PM)Garrett Jax Wrote: [ -> ]Considering the already bad blood between IMG and Kruger, with their OORP dislike for each other, I believe this faction concept is poorly timed and will only fan the flames of hate that I'm currently trying to quench.

This concept has even brewing far longer than the recent conflict, and this write up was made when faction interest began to grow. It is neither our goal nor our intention to stir up any ooRP hate, and a distinction between IMG| and HH needs to be made both in and out of role play, just as how the actions of, for example, the Congress and the Marauders should not be interchanged.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5