Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Daily news
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OOC: I thought its a neat idea of making an daily news topic. Like at the bar at the different stations the news.
Manhattan bar ... Sunday lunch time. Hoodlums on his fourth sidewinder.
"I heard this one on broad spectrum clutter last night, apparently there was a group of
eight or so ships seen in O-Minor last night shooting up anything that moved."
His drinking buddy, a cruiser captain called Stone just looked blank.
"I'm sure the GNN would have reported something as big as that by now. You know how
they always seem to be on the spot when things like that go down."
Hoodlum slipped deeper into his chair.
"Yeah well whatever, Bit of a worry for the trading boys if the navy is not capable of
keeping the routes free of this sort of thing."
The conversation slipped into more mundane things.

GNN news - Yesterday a Rheinland cruiser and a Liberty Cruiser eradicated a big part of the Xeno population at the Hudson system. The two ships came totally surprisingly for the Xenos, wich had no real chance.
TO: Broadwave News Transmission

- * - INCOMING TRANSMISSION - * -

A brutal firefight erupted near Yaren base this morning as two advanced "Talon" and "Raven Claw" fighters were engaged by the GCB's "Behelit" (also of the Talon model). The Behelit allegedly approached the fighters after taking notice that they had been hunting Nomads in the general vicinity of Yaren base for an extended period of time. After confirming that they had no legitimate bonds to the Corsairs, the Behelit's pilot, Commander Tain Gunhymn, demanded that the pilot of the Raven Claw surrender his cargo in ten seconds or be fired upon.

The demand was refused, and the ensuing firefight lasted for nearly thirty minutes. The Talon joined in immediately following the beginning of the engagement, putting Commander Gunhymn at two to one odds and heavily outgunned. Commander Gunhymn was easily driven back and was forced to make an emergency landing on Yaren base before returning to the fight, where he successfully drove each of the fighters into landing at seperate times.

Eventually, Commander Gunhymn was forced to disengage due to lack of ammunition and significant damages to his fighter. The Raven Claw and Talon had disappeared into Omicron Minor by the time of his relaunch. He has also forbidden the release of communication logs from during and after the fight. He stated, "Those words weren't very becoming of two excellent pilots. Hats off, fellas. No hard feelings. But don't expect me to be nice when I see you again!"

Numerous Corsair pilots were caught in the middle of the firefight. Two are believed to be dead, and several others have been reported missing.

This is Candice Yokote for the GCB news, signing off.

- - - TRANSMISSION COMPLETE - - -