Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Children of the Chancellor--Religious Rheinland faction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
First, see the idea behind this Roleplay--http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23449

This is the basic idea... A group involving religious following of the Chancellor of Rheinland. This is not a backstory, but an idea to be commented on and improved upon. Actual backstory will follow after comment, as a new idea such as this (religious RP in Freelancer), I truly believe it needs to be commented on before any attempts are made to actually write it up and make it real.

The Children of the Chancellor are a group believing the Chancellor to be God and his words divine law. Protecting the Chancellor and his interests, they also seek to carry out his word. Therefore they would:
--Protect interests in Rheinland, traders and such. Engaging (typically) enemies such as the Bundschuh and Hessians, but especially the Wilde. Because of jurisdiction the Rheinland Military cannot offer protection at the Sigma 13 jumphole, but the CotC can and will, as traders supporting the Chancellor should be aided wherever possible
--Convert!!! Of course, speaking to and convincing others to follow the Chancellor in whatever way possible. Whether it be through the CotC or independently, or simply convincing a trader to bring us some goods, the CotC would strive to convert others into supporters of the great Chancellor.
--Engage in activity that forwards the Chancellor's word and goals, though may be not accomplishable by his great military. Such as possibly hit and run tactics upon Liberty traders or such, as the Chancellor's word defines them as enemies of our great God. (that is simply an example, not saying we would be a Liberty terrorist group)

Some basic ground rules:
--Rheinland ships would be used, Light Fighters through bombers, and (limited) Gunboats. Being a faction focusing on conversion first, and hit&run second, there is little need for large ships or fleets. Especially at the beginning when the faction is small.

--There would be no taxing and such of traders, however smugglers would be apprehended.

--Liberty ID'ed ships would be at least likely harassed for their "heretic ways"

--We would act in unison with the Rheinland military, act to aid them, however it is unlikely we would "take orders" from them, unless they being from a very senior source. Any extravagant requests from the RM would be taken into consideration by leaders.

--Affiliation: Likely the most fitting would be "Military, or Rheinland Military" however this would lead to confusion as far as the situation with Liberty. Advice or opinions, or possibly a special request or such is needed. Thusly why I post this here and leave it open for comments and improvements.
As for ships: Go civilian line and/or corporate line. As for ID: You'll need to go pirate if you're even considering hitting on traders. If not, the Mercenary ID will do fine (considering unlawful actions).

The Rheinland Military won't condone civilians using its ship line nor acts of terrorism, even if against the heathens Libertonians. If you fly RM ships and aren't part of the RM (not player faction, the NPC faction) the RM will put you down like an old dog. If you fly an RM ID and go outside of RM's jurisdiction, the RM will put you down like a battered horse.

All in all, Rheinland is not spawning ground for lunatic vigilantes. You can believe on the Chancellor as much as you want, but if you don't follow his law you are as putrid as the heretics you claim to fight against. Spout religious propaganda as you please, but get in the way of the mighty hammer of the Kanzler and you'll be squashed as flat as his enemies.
What Gronath said, though I think the Military ID would fit better as this sounds like a paramilitary religious group.
' Wrote:As for ships: Go civilian line and/or corporate line. As for ID: You'll need to go pirate if you're even considering hitting on traders. If not, the Mercenary ID will do fine (considering unlawful actions).

The Rheinland Military won't condone civilians using its ship line nor acts of terrorism, even if against the heathens Libertonians. If you fly RM ships and aren't part of the RM (not player faction, the NPC faction) the RM will put you down like an old dog. If you fly an RM ID and go outside of RM's jurisdiction, the RM will put you down like a battered horse.

All in all, Rheinland is not spawning ground for lunatic vigilantes. You can believe on the Chancellor as much as you want, but if you don't follow his law you are as putrid as the heretics you claim to fight against. Spout religious propaganda as you please, but get in the way of the mighty hammer of the Kanzler and you'll be squashed as flat as his enemies.

Alrighty. Work is being done on how best to operate said work. It looks as though our most applicable means of doing this right are in two divisions. The first being strictly confined to Rheinland aerospace and operating per se its laws. Thusly not causing conflict with the Rheinland Military.

The second division [CotC]name(II) would be the second division of the CotC which would focus on outside of Rheinland activity and would take to Civilian ship use and another ID. I will work on that to my best ability and see what options are available. However any ships operating without the (II) symbol will be considered completely lawful and respecting of Rheinland conduct and such.

That's my idea/solution. Please get back to me Gronath
I love that religious idea.
My RFP char is doing it alreay in a moderate way.

But i suggest you better stick to the given role-play by the mod and the offical faction.
Rheinland is a military state with warriors (RM) dedicated to Gottkanzler Rheinhard.

I would love to see you guys signing up with RM and try to envolve RM instead of creating a new group.

Alright well, I'll have to hear more from RM as far as how this could work out. I envisioned a cause devoted to the Chancellor that was out there pressuring Liberty among others to see the way of Rheinland. As well as participate in defense at home, however it seems the RM is going to make it clear cut and either we totally obey them or we are hostile to our own home? Ehh this religious idea might be a little rough. Hopefully though a medium can be worked out here.
Well, as for the ID, at the moment, there are both a paramilitary ID and a Kirche des Gruenen Adlers ID proposed, so if you wait until the next mod version's release, one of these may be the right one for you.
Thanks for the heads up, maybe we'll wait for that to roll around as well.
'Kirche des Gruenen Adlers' - aua

I can understand that some things are not going public for the sake of the development.
But installing a new ID without asking the community is not good.
Anyway.

AceofSpades, the idea is a good one.
But how many guys are you and did you collected already some experiences ingame.
I just saw you guys today in my RFP char.

' Wrote:Alright well, I'll have to hear more from RM as far as how this could work out. I envisioned a cause devoted to the Chancellor that was out there pressuring Liberty among others to see the way of Rheinland. As well as participate in defense at home, however it seems the RM is going to make it clear cut and either we totally obey them or we are hostile to our own home? Ehh this religious idea might be a little rough. Hopefully though a medium can be worked out here.
It wouldn't be nearly as much interesting if it we were all buddies now, would it? As for the KDGA, you need to speak to both QV and Praetyre, they are the ones more interested in the subject and capable of answering your questions. Sorry if I sounded like a prick, is just that I've lost the ability to discuss RM related issues without at least going half-way into character.

It's a good idea, but I'm alerting you before hand of the possible outcome. Not only that, the RM has a vast history of digging up dirt on the shady groups that operate inside of Rheinland. It happened already to three trader groups that financed or supported Corsair operations and it happened to groups that had a tight relationship with Liberty. It will likely happen to your group because of the shared tag. If you engage in terrorist activities anywhere, the BDM will end up informing us about it and your group will end up being outlawed by the RM and the RFP. Deep down we may even appreciate the fact that you are hurting the Libertonians. Maybe you'll get a special cell in the Vierlande, or will skip some steps, since the KDGA won't have to doctrine you. But we will hunt you down and lock you up just the same (part of politics, you see?).

Considering that, I'd advise against creating two separate groups, because it will just mean more work for you and yours, and one will eventually end up being linked to the other. As for RM ships, either you tag and ID yourselves RM and act as regulars, or you will be arrested for robbery. That's why I suggested the civilian line. The Eagle can fly circles around the Wrath any day of the week, anyway.

The way I see it, you're proposing something similar to the Xenos from Liberty without the hostilities against the House forces.
Pages: 1 2