Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: ALG - Smelter Construction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: vM68v2q.png]

ALG, we have been working for the past few months on a project to make Scrap smelting possible here in Gallia. We have determined the best station for smelting would be to modify Briacon Station in Dauphine by adding a Smelter to the station and modifying it to allow storage and processing of Scrap. If you agree we will begin prepping the station for a total remodeling. Do you accept?

[Image: slappy_tb_btm_zps7cfe8524.png]
[Image: ALGTBTopEdit3-2_zps42a5e1a0.png]

Hearty greetings to you, Mr Mizaki, it is a pleasure to hear from EFL again after such a long time!
My name is Franz Pfannenstiel and I am Vice Head of ALG's R&D department.
This project sounds of course interesting to us, as we are proud to be running the sector's premier scrap smelting plant, and have also some experience with the business in your house.
I will be happy to personally head over to Briancon with a team of engineers to have a look at the situation we will be dealing with.

I look forward to seeing your station!
[Image: ALGTBBottom_zpsd1eabd59.png]
[Image: TURjVHo.png]

Bonjour once again, I am contacting you this time from the bridge of the Favoriten, safely moored at Briancon.

[Image: p3I4RkI.jpg]

The trip was overall quite relaxing but interesting, first time in Gallia for some of the people on board.
Our engineering team is ready to survey the station whenever you can accommodate us.

We look forward to working with you!
[Image: 9JwWorU.png]
[Image: vM68v2q.png]

Wonderful, excellent! Now, when you are ready begin compiling a list of goods for the construction. We will bring them in and you can begin the construction of the Smelter its self. We can also begin discussing your payment for the construction of The Smelter.

[Image: slappy_tb_btm_zps7cfe8524.png]
[Image: TURjVHo.png]

Greetings again. I'm pleased to announce our team has drawn up the plans for a smelting unit at Briancon, the blueprints will be forwarded separately.

In summary, the unit will be able to process around 50 000 standard units daily, with full separation of individual metals, and a waste reconstitution unit that will utilize upwards of 90% of the waste products for energy generation.

The material list necessary for construction is as follows, all figures in standard units:

Basic Alloy - 40 000
Diamonds - 8 000
High-Temperature Alloy - 8 000
Industrial Materials - 20 000
Iridium - 8 000
Lasers - 8 000
Magnets - 12 000
Nuclear Devices - 4 000
Robotics - 16 000
Super Alloy - 12 000
Ultralloy - 12 000

Some comments here. I suppose the most difficult to procure will be:
1. Basic Alloy, because large amounts are needed for the basic structural elements and they're produced in Liberty,
2. Nuclear Devices. The reactors on the station currently simply do not have sufficient output. Problem is, carrying reactors is apparently illegal in Gallia.
We're not sure about realistic alternatives, though. Additional solar arrays are theoretically possible, but they would have to be absolutely massive.
3. Iridium. Though only around two transport loads are needed, the source of this rare, super-dense metal is in the deep Omicrons.
However, this is a route ALG occasionally takes and we would be willing to make these trips.

As for the rest, of course we will also be willing to arrange delivery of any other goods we can legally acquire. Perhaps you will want to draw up a detailed contract for which materials we can bring, and which you will be bringing yourselves?

Finally, the engineering team's pay for the planning is 20 000 000 Sirius credits (or Gallic francs), to be transferred to [ALG]-Bank

The rest of the construction cost is hard for us to estimate - you certainly know local wage rates better than us.

We hope to begin overseeing the construction soon!
[Image: 9JwWorU.png]