Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Fynn McScrap CC: Mr Tukker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: TampTtb_zps38c4b146.png]

Wassup Fynn,

It's Basti here, just wanted to let you know i'm working on a draft for the Jacinto City and the Galena Park Project (GPP).
I will submit my initial plans to you and Mr. Tukker as fast as possible. I expect it will be very soon.

Greets,
Basti Legionnes,
T&T Chief of Engineering

[Image: TampTte_zpse12cde9d.png]
[Image: dirty-face-guy-201x300.jpg]
Wassup Foreman McScrap and Mr. Tukker,

I am happy to submit the Initial plans for Jacinto City and Galena Park Project.
Jacinto City Aerial View 1
Jacinto City Aerial View 2
Galena City Center Park
Jacinto City Memorial Hospital
As you can see the Galena Park will surround the city and there will be also a Galena Park in the city center.
These are just initial sketches and once approved I can begin to conduct the estimations for construction.

Greets,
Basti Legionnes
T&T Chief of Engineering
Greetings Mr. Legionnes,

Phileas Tukker here, from the planetside offices.
Fynn passed on your plans to me and we both discussed them.

Im surprised ! Very good !
Much more than I had thought about, and I admit I am good with words, but no good at graphic pograms or drawings.

But there are some problems here that do not quite fit, as far as I had thought about it. That does not mean that im against the plans so far.
I´d rather discuss & brainstorm it with you, because this project will be a big one .

First of all , picture 4 : http://i.imgur.com/TH5Q39t.jpg
Really great ! I´d see this as a great feasting hall, or maby the representative hall of T&T / the Rehab Clinic. The idea is great , the picture is great !
... no, quit that. I am just grasping the sheer size of the thing.
It would fit the whole Clinic and the shooling centre as well.

No "but" here, I was really touched by the pic.
Picture 3 is a top view of 4 ? I grasped the size of the building as I viewed that pic.

Now 1 & 2 ... and that does not fit.
My original idea was about 12 square miles ,and I pictured lots of free space, parks, lawns... perhaps a small space port a little to the side.
Then LPI suggested thinking big and suggested 30 square miles, and I did not say no.

But that we will own a parcel of - currently barren - land the size of a city does not mean that we build a city. We will aim at perhaps a capacity of 15.000 to 25.000 Patients, so we will need about the same amount of *crews* . 10.000 - 15.000 around the whole complex, supporting, supplying and working the Rehab Centre and Clinic, and seeing after day - to - day buisness of a small city. And perhaps 5000 doctors, nurses, trainers, social workers and all the riffraff of the medical professions. That means we build a small city, not a metropole.
The pictures here show a city of perhaps 1.000.000.000 + people ?

Im ready to help with figures as far as I can calculate them at the moment:

-Medical Centre and School ( 2000 - 5000 people, including recruits and teachers )
This will be the place we use for training, and for recruiting. Perhaps even for some research if we can build up a good staff. Ask Doc Nagger for her opinion on that, or her Mentor Doc Holliday. I hear he is at the Haven currently, for a short vacation ? Greet him from me and tell him he is welcome down here at the Planetside office in Jacinto city any time, too.

-Rehab Centre ( set in a wide Park, secondary medical care and rehab service needs some space and restful surrounding ) About max 25.000 patients and lets say 7500 staff , including not only nurses, but cooks, janitors, gardeners, sport trainers ect... you need a lot of people to take care of refugees or chronical disordered patients.

- T&T/ Planetside offices ( our office space , say about 1000 people . After all , Tinkers Haven will have a max of 1000 crewmen , so we will not need more here, even if it is the *administrative centre* off all our projects including the Rehap Centre, the SRO´s main office and all other future plans. )

- Tinkers housing area : we have up to 1000 crewmen in a 3 week cycle , meaning that we have 2/3rd of our crews in duty and 1/3rd off duty at any time. So we have about 1300 , lets say 1500 crew members. And here we want to settle down those who want to, including their families ect.
Lets calculate with 2x for a start, meaning that not all will want to settle here.
BUT : We have about 13.500 staff at the Planetside operations already... for a total of 15.000 with our crews from the station. 15k x2 = housing space for approx 30.000 people.
So we need more people, not directly involved with the clinic.
Working the city itself... lets say for a total population of approx 50.000 people all in all ( without the Patients ). 50.000 - not 5 million ;-)

And now... we have plenty of space.

We have 2 goals :

1) We are not a cruise & spa installation.
We do not want to attract Vacationers ( except our own crewmen )
Or at least : we do not at first want to attract vacationers.
A nice Holiday Park or a weekly vacation facility for the population of Houston would be nice, readily reachable through a magnetic tram or something like that, with cheap but clean hotels and bungalows that even a worker family can afford.
And that is the point : even if I adore the pictures of the great Clinic Complex,
we do not want to build a new tourist attraction here.
We want to ceep it cheap enough so that the workers of Houston, the middle class people of Liberty can afford it. We might earn less per patient or visitor, but we would get much more of them.

2) We want to offer something that has so far not been possible on Houston itself.
Anybody able to either lives in the big cities, or leaves Houston as fast as possible. But still there are thousands of workers and families living in Houston outside of the prison and work camps, families of high specializes Industrial workers , bureaucrats and other personel. They might only be able to afford a real off - planet vacation once a jear or even every other jear, but they will be able to afford a short trip or weekly vacation at the Galena Park resort more often... three times, four times a jear.
Or even buy a small Bungalow somewhere here as a weekend resort ?
And we offer not only rest and vacation , but fitness programs, rehab and wellness care.
They will come, expecially on a barren and unhealthy world like Houston.

So our target is not to build a big and sprawling city full of climatized buildings, but to create a area in wich such customers will love to rent or purchase space for themselfes, while still staying cheap enough so we can afford that.

I need terraforming essays on how far and how fast we would have to use such technologies for the project, and wether carefull building and forming of the surrounding, including irrigation and gardening programs , could generate such an area of say 5 - 10 square miles. Or if we would be cheaper off if we think about building a semipermanent ( half- or full closed ) dome over the area and build the necessary support buildings , an eventual spaceport and such around this.

I hope the figures I have produced help you in the planning process, and I will remain available throuought the final planning stages if you need logistic or diplomatic support.
Please ceep up the creativity and motivation I see in these first essays.

Also please ceep in mind that we hope not only to build a magtans station, but a landing port for up to freighter calss vehicles if we get clearance for that. We should place that logistically near but far enough not to inhibit rehabilitation.

Think big, plan well... and we will see what can be organized and realized.

Basti ? Fynn here again.

I just wanted to remind you that I am waiting for the next scetches and a sound essay on the survey data and our caculations.
Something to pass on to LPI and Houston Authorities.

No need to hurry, but I would like to know if you need help from me or Mr. Tiukker.

You know where to find me

Well met
Fynn

[IMG float=left]http://i.imgur.com/id8MaUt.jpg?1[/IMG]

Good Day Fynn, Mr Tukker and Doc Nagger, I've been coordinating with our Engineer Basti for sometime now surveying the proposed site for the Galena Park Project and consulting with other engineers and architects. I think we have found a suitable plan that would greatly suit our needs.

I'm attaching the following files for your approval and so we can start contruction already.

1. Aerial View
As you can see, this is just the primary layout of the structures we propose and we can expand from there.
2. Some of the proposed buildings
These are just a few of the designs for some of the buildings on site. Ex. Communications Center/Offices
3. Proposed Backup Generator Structure
4. Proposed Hyrdophonic Farm
5. Proposed Clinic
6. Proposed Solar Farm
I additionally requested this one so we can be self sufficient in terms of power.
7. Proposed Learning Center

Once construction starts, Engineer Basti will have to be stationed planetside until project is done so we may have to find a 2nd Engineer to oversee repairs/maintainance at Haven.

Sorry it took me awhile to collate the plans since we had to consult a lot of local engineers planetside.
If Mr. Tukker, Doc Nagger and of course you Fynn would like to visit the site we would be happy to give you tour.

Sturm Winger
Chief Logistics Officer
Tinker & Transport

Fine work, thank you. I will pass it on to Tiukker and our Guests as soon as they arrive here at the Haven. Schopuld be any minute now, they where starting in the Pinasse from Houston Landing the last time I checked.

Come over to my office with Basti, our Guests should arrive soon.

Roger that, I will be happy to answer all the questions about the site and project to our guests! Meet you there!

Greets,
Basti Legionnes
Chief of Engineering