Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Logs of Bradbury (//Me Only)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mr.Bradbury
821 A.S Nov 6th
============
Today is the day i finally get my hands on what most would consider a ‘pile of junk’, but to me the Salvager is a one of a kind ship. The ship dealers on Vieques were more than happy to show me to my new treasure, as soon as i handed over the 100 million credits. *sigh* Junkers be Junkers.
I collected my load and set off to the Omicron Alpha system to pay the Outcasts a vist with my new cargo, and its new carriage. Everything was running smoothly, no pirates, no ion storms, just smooth flying from Texas to Alpha. However what fun is it for fate to let me have it the easy way?
As my ship exited the Baffin -> Tau-29 jump hole, i was contacted by a Nammu (Nomad Mindnode). Having never encountered one of these beings before i attempted to flee the area, only to have my engines fail after some purple thing hit my ship. It asked something about ‘purpose’. I told it that i was heading to the Tau-32 system, but that only seemed to make it mad. More purple ‘things’ started to ping off my shields. It then asked again, something about ‘purpose’, this time with what would be explained as nomad anger. Panicking i said, to the being, that i had business with the Outcasts in their home system. At this point the being appeared to calm down, moving slowly before my ship in a non erratic pattern, unlike before. It then asked if i was helping something they referred to as their ‘Orange Brethren’. I opened my mouth to question what it meant but thought against it, fearing I’d only make the being angry again. I affirmed my previous statement to the being, swallowing what may be my last. A long pause preceded the beings response ‘Proceed...into void’. As i looked through the view port to where it had been moving in front of my ship i saw the being fade into nothing. I quickly set the autopilot for the Tau-23 JumpHole, and reached for my water bottle. “I have a headache.”