Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Dawn of Collaberation.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Jacob Wells sits back at a oval shaped table. Waterloo Station. Bretonian space, a little out of the way from where he was usually, although it was a very pretty system with the space was died a blood red due to the nebula the house space was in.

It was a big day. One of the first collaboration meetings between Deep Space Engineering, and Daumann Heavy Construction. The long awaited partnership was going to be coming to fruits. It was a pain in the rear to get where they were now, although they could only hope that fruits would come from it.

Jacob was flanked by two men. One on each side of him, appearing to be a financial advisor, and one other male who probably worked for him in some form or another.

The others were scheduled to arrive in about fifteen minutes, enough time to allow Jacob to place a data-pad on the table, beginning to do some checkups before the meeting actually began.

Trickle Down Economics.

Let the business: Begin.
- Are you sure they're ready to cooperate Dieter?
- Max, Interspace vouches for them. It'll be fine.
- *ding* This is captain speaking, we're approaching planet New London and will come out of trade lane sequence in three minutes. Please fasten your seatbelts.

Few people in elegant buisness suits sitting in seats within heavily modified Pelican complied with order. Looking through small window, Dieter Mittermeier noticed blurred mix of lights and shapes started resembling planets, nebulas and sun, a sign ship started losing FTL speed and will leave trade lane soon.

- You'll see Max, in a year we all will meet at Manhattan and drink champagne with top Libertonian officials.
- That...would be something great indeed. Given hessians don't manage earlier to decorate street lamps with our heads.
- Don't be so pesimistic. They could overtake half of useless system, but now odds will change. So many things work in our favour now.
- 'Favour' ? Dieter, you sound like one of those BMM directors. That one who was telling that unfunny Leeds joke last year at Cambridge Buisness Summit.
- Abbot? I can barely stand that jovial buffoon.
- One more reason to dislike BMM, heh?
Max smiled.
- Sometimes I still involuntarily use Bretonian accent Max, leftover from university times.
- I see.

Small increase of gravity for just a fraction of a second followed by immediate light jolt announced passangers their ship exited trade lane.

- *ding* We're outside Waterloo.
Captain's voice sounded firm and professional, like it was just another from hundreds of times he was doing that.

Part of Wraith wing already was waiting in the orbit of New London, securing area. Half a minute later the remaining ships exited trade lane. Their polished armor was shining in the light of New London's star.

- This is Waterloo Station to incoming ships, identify yourselves.
Somewhat excited female voice communicated with pilots' cabin.
- This is Daumann Zeta-Seventeen to Waterloo docking control. Special transportation ship requesting permission to dock...
Johns private shuttle was unambiguous in it's travel, there were no stops or deviations from its departure from Doe Industries Space Port in New York. Mr Doe was a little conflicted; his staff were loyal patriots but then he was about to attend a business conference with one of the biggest, if not the biggest, corporation from a nation Liberty has been at war with for years.

'Is this treason?' he thinks to himself. 'No, we see Rheinlanders all the time in other Houses and make arrangements and agreements so this is nothing out of the ordinary.'

His personal assistant approaches him and lets him know that they were about to land on Waterloo. 'Damn, already?' he mutters to himself as he hurriedly gathers all his paperwork and places them into his travel bag.
- Mr Wells, how are you? It's a pleasure to see you again, in good health and good mood.
Mittermeier was really glad from the meeting, and people around him could feel that.

- I'm good, thank you director. What about you?
- Always happy from common business opportunities.
- And this is?..
Wells was intrigued by new guest, standing next to Daumann CEO. Obviously elderly man in glasses and with curved nose wasn't any assistant and even less so bodyguard type. His face imagined experienced manager who knows his value and what his work requires of him to do.

- Ah, yes. Mister Wells, mister Goldmann, let me make acquaintance you with each other. Max, this is Jacob Wells, your counterpart in Interspace Commerce. Director Wells, Max Goldmann, Daumann Chief Financial Officer.
- I know you, director, although not personally.
Smiling face of Max Goldmann seemed trustworthy to many. Hand ready to shake the other one only added to that atmosphere.

- Sir, DSE delegation is here, they're about to dock.
One of Wells' assistant interrupted greetings.
Jacob nods his head curtly, shaking the hand of Max Goldmann with a firm shake. Eying the man carefully. He seemed to like what he saw as he smiles slightly as he releases his hand. "Well met. I'm sure you'll be a pleasure to work with."

Taking a sip of one of the glasses of water in the room, taking it to his seat as he slowly begins to sit down. If Deep Space Engineering has arrived, they probably would be beginning soon, looking forward to seeing John again.

Pulling out a folder and data-pad from his briefcase, waiting for the other guests to arrive.
As John's clerks dealt with his travel luggage, he made his way to where the meeting was taking place.

"Cherie, can you ensure that this briefcase makes it too my accommodation?" he asked his personal assistant. He handed the briefcase over and continued on towards the conference room.

As he enters, he recognized Jacob immediately and gave a courteous nod in his direction. "Well, would ya look at who's in this part of space?" he joked. "How are you doing my friend? Well I hope?"

John moved towards his seat and acknowledged the new faces in the room.
Both Mittermeier and Goldmann nodded to Doe as he entered the room.
- Do you know him Dieter?
- No, sadly not. But this will change now.
- With great profitability for us.
For less than second Goldmann's eyes almost exploded from joy at the thought what cooperation between those three corporations may bring. Mittermeier noticed this extremally brief moment when Goldmann's mask of professional dropped off, and smiled to him. This was going to be a fruitful meeting.

- Gentlemen..
Wells started his initial speech.
- First of all, let me express my gratitude and joy today we meet on this station, without prejudices and grudges. We all know our target, which is making money of course. This meeting is an example how it should be done. With war between our Houses seeming to end, even more occasions to do business together will arise soon. As a host, let me introduce you to each others.

Both Daumann and DSE delegation stood up.
- Director Mittermeier, this is John Doe, director of Deep Space Engineering. John, this is Dieter Mittermeier, CEO of Daumann Heavy Construction.
- Pleasure to meet you, director Doe.
Dieter shaked Doe's hand with firm grip. Doe replied:
John took Dieters hand in a firm grip and smiled warmly as the two were introduced.

"Howdy partner, a real pleasure to meet you Mr Mittermeier. I look forward to getting to know you and understanding what needs your company has and how we can help you satisfy them."
- I'm happy you're open and eager to working with us, director Doe.
After the greetings were exchanged, both delegations sat down again. Turning to the host of the meeting, Mittermeier asked:
- Director Wells... We know each other rather well, and our corporations work closely, may I call you Jacob?
Wells nodded with friendly smile on his face.
- Jacob, the issue we'll discuss is huge. What do you want to start from? O-Eleven project?
Jacob nods his head curtly. "That's a good place to start. Perhaps the biggest matter which encompasses the Deep Space Engineering in the business as well, i'm sure it'll be a topic which all of us would love to complete. Mittermeier, would you kindly give the general synopses? We can get into details from there. I'm sure by merely hearing it, it'll be pretty clear on what each of us will need to accomplish. Although I can see a good discussion coming along afterwards."

Allowing Mittermeier to give the rundown.
Pages: 1 2 3