Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A Club of Two || Inv Only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
"Ah just great... @#$%..."

He looked at it again before looking back at how she positioned her stance with the 'I'm not showing you anymore' body language and he had to step back putting his hand on his face thinking to himself how he is going to get past this case.

Whether it was the alcohol or whatever else, the thing he did next was out of emergency but also from his lack of patience with her hiding how bad this thing really was. Stepping back he opened all the drawers looking for what he wanted until finally he found what he was looking for. Before he let her even protest or ask what he was rushing to get, he came back and flicked the blade open of a switchblade.

He didn't even ask to move her hand. He didn't care anymore about courtesy. He moved her hand forcefully out of the way, grabbed the blood stained shirt and cut right up the middle.
"Ah just great..."

"I don't want to look...." she mumbled as she closed her eyes again. "I need to sleep." she added quickly after, she was tired. She couldn't decide if it was because of the trip or the injury. She gave up trying to collect her thoughts to make sense of it, quickly deciding the less she spoke the better as she assumed she wasn't making much sense to him either.

By the time she had realized he was gone, he had returned. She wasn't expecting him to be that rough with her and she flinched, whimpering slightly. She didn't comment about the shirt, she never liked that one anyway. "How bad is it?"

The lower end of the wound he had seen initially was the deepest, but it ran up most of her left side. It was only the deepest part that was still oozing blood.

She didn't wait to hear his response to her question before she shook her head. "It will be fine." As she had done earlier, she sounded more like she was trying to convince herself rather then him. The last thing she wanted to do was to let him know how scared she was, or how much pain she was in.
"How bad is it?"
"It will be fine."

He shook his head a little wondering how long the wound had been exposed for and how much blood she had lost so far. For all he knew it could have been a while and she looked quite pale to him. The sign that she was sleepy was not good either, he thought. Drowsiness... being tried... it meant blood loss.

He shook his head again and started to piece together what he would do first. He was cutting the shirt up so it wouldn't get in the way too as he thought and then he turned back suddenly and went back to his work desk where he had laid some things on the table. Noticing though he really was missing a few things he exited the room and quickly returned with a larger towel and a bowl of water.

Putting the bowl at the side of the bed he dipped the towel in it and started washing around the wound. There was just so much blood on her skin and he slowly started to get it all off. The water was cool though and he noticed her flinch, but he really didn't have time to heat water now anyway. It was clean though. drinking water. He didn't have anything else.

"It will be fine..." He says for himself rather than for her. "Nothing I didn't do before..."
When he returned, she was sleeping. The cold water and cleaning the wound woke her. She knew her shirt had been cut more, and she was cold. She was struggling to stay awake and was quite groggy, but was able to make sense of what he was saying. "Jackson..... It will be ok.... Please, just let me sleep." She mumbled "You can fix it later."

She went to brush his hand away, but thought better of it remembering how forceful he had been before when it was in the way. Letting it drop back by her side. She didn't fight him anymore, and just let him work on cleaning the wound. After this, she had given up trying to fight to stay awake and it didn't take her long to slip into a state of unconsciousness. Despite knowing that the chances of getting back together was slim to none, she knew he was ok and that was all she cared about.
Is she sleeping.... or unconscious...

He looked up as he noticed her breathing settle but it seemed like too much. He reached over and snapped his fingers over her face but saw it did no good.

"$#@%!"

He placed the blood stained towel to the side and at that moment he started to panic a little. Unconscious from blood loss shouldn't be taken lightly.. but she was still bleeding some from the wound. He debated what to do first.

Sighing, Jackson didn't waste any more time. Things had to be done or else there was no point in trying now. He pulled her head from under the pillow and tilted it back and to the side a little. He leaned forward and checked her breathing and pulse on her neck.

Good... At least that... Oh god at least that... please please please....

He looked then at her legs and took the pillow to elevate them. He noticed she had a belt on too with her jeans. He didn't hesitate this time to take his knife and start ripping open her belt and slipping her jeans back down now, cutting the fabric where needed to loosen it.

The problem lied with lack of blood moving to the brain. If he could allow for more of that then she could have a better chance to wake up soon. The only problem was the cut. Elevating her legs meant more blood rushing down possibly to the wound. He calculated what to do next, finally he decided to lift her side up just a little with another pillow for that extra elevation. He didn't really know how moving her to lie on her side would effect her air-way passage so he didn't bother trying.

When he was finished with everything he stepped back then to get the other things he had gotten.

Need to do it quick... need to fix the wound....

He went back for the bottle of vodka, clean rags, bandage-wrap/cloth he had, needle, and thread and took it all back to where she lay on the bed. Kneeling beside he got to work on the wound. It would help him a little though that she was unconscious. At least she wouldn't try to resist. He dampened the other side of the towel with the vodka and got to work disinfecting the wound. Wiping closer and closer he got rid of more of the blood. He was kind of glad she was asleep. This whole thing he knew would sting like hell.

After cleaning the wound he took the needle and thread. He turned on the reading lamp also to get more light on the wound and started the procedure of stitching her up as carefully as he could. He made sure his hands were clean too, of coarse, or this whole thing would be useless. He was about to be done stitching her when he heard a voice behind him.

"Jackson.... What the hell are you doing?"

Startled and almost screwing up on the stitching he looked back to see Gorge looking at him.

"What the hell... this is the only bed we have on the ship... and you're %$@#in' soaking it,,,,,with... *hic*... with blood. Who is that girl any-.... wait a second... what happened...?"

Gorge was out as usual at the clubs or bars around, finding a good drink or hooking up with any woman he could find. It really didn't matter to him. Jackson guessed he didn't find anyone tonight and came back wanting to lie down only to find the bed used. Jackson just sighed.

"Use one of the seats around the ship to sleep... or go find somewhere else..."

"Yeah but what is -SHE- doing here... what have I missed? I thought you were over her, Jack."

"I am..."

"Then what are ye....yeah doin' with her in your bed with ... her cloths and...."He was grinning a little.

"She's injured... she needs help."

Gorge grumbled a little and shook his head drunkenly. "I know you better than that Jack.... Yee... Ye like her still don't yeah?"

"No I..."

"Don't be stupid.... *hic*... you're %$#@in' panicking over her again... just like before..."

"What am I supposed to do? Let her die?"

"If you didn't care so much... I bet you would..."

"No i wouldn't I..."

"You killed so many people before... you're telling me you have all these morals all of a sudden *hic*... Listen... A woman is just... some a pretty face and some goodies.... why don't ye' just.... *hic* let it be... what are you doing?"

"Gorge... shut up..."

"I'm shuttin' it when youuu start relaxin' a little more yeah know... its either noma-"

"SHUT UP!"

"Yeah yeah... o'right capt'in' I sh- *hic* up... Ima... *snort* gonna just sleep in ye'r chair" he grins and walks off drunkenly, almost tripping as he left.

Jackson groaned a little and looked back at Thing to finish the job. A few more stitches and it would be fine. A few more... and yet those last ones seemed to take forever as he thought what Gorge had said.

Finishing the stitching he reached for the bandages and started wrapping her with it. The wound started to look at little better... hopefully... at least the bleeding had stopped. At she wasn't loosing any more blood.

He turned then to her unconscious problem. It already had been a while but there was no more signs of her loosing her pulse or breathing, which was good. He stood up again to check if he had something that would help in waking her up... he should... he remembered he had picked it up before at once place or another... or maybe it was Jason who gave him some.

He returned soon to her side kneeling next tot he bed with some smelling salts he had luckily found. He waved them over her nose.... maybe they would work...
The smelling salts caused her breathing to quicken, and it didn't take her long before she went to move her hands to get it away from her face. She quickly realized this was a bad idea. As she moved her arm, the pain shot up her side causing her to whimper. She moved so she was guarding her side with both of her hands. It hurt, and she was confused as to why.

Stitches..... what....?

She was confused as she felt the thread. She couldn't remember much of what had happened, just meeting up with Jackson.

Jackson.

It was starting to make sense as she pieced together what had happened. There were still gaps in her story, but she remembered enough to know she was lucky to still be alive.

"You didn't have to do that..." She spoke softly, her eyes were still closed as she focused on keeping her breathing steady. She didn't know if he was still there or not. Part of her assumed he would have already left.

Just show up here bleeding and broken and expect him to fix you... Again... He isn't going to be there.

She opened her eyes to see if her thoughts were right. Seeing him next to the bed, she couldn't help but smile a little. "Thank you." was all she managed before closing her eyes again with the intention of steadying her breathing which had quickened since she had moved.
He smiled a little a he saw her wake up from her unconscious sleep. He nodded a little and watched her relax. The bed was quite red with the blood but he didn't care at the moment about it. She'd be fine.

He he was sure she was fine he took the pillow from under her legs and placed it back under her head, lifting it gently. He then left the room to return later with a bottle of water. He held it up to her lips...

"Drink... you need it."

He in the meantime pulled the covers over her legs. He just didn't want to go any further, afraid it would put more pressure over her injury.
She nodded and sipped at the water. Staying quiet she looked around the room. Seeing the bottles on the floor she sighed and shook her head slightly. It didnt take her long before she noticed the bed and frowned

she thanked him for the blanket and the drink before carefully moving and making herself comfortable.
He put the cup of water to the side that was now half empty and was about to say something when he head a yell from the ship's bridge. It echoed through the ship but could be clearly visible.

"JACK!!! YYYee... WHATss WIV ALL Dess CHICKS AAsss of LATE! WAAI CAN'T I HAave ONE!"

It startled Jackson a little and he looked back towards the door and then back to her.

"Excuse me for a moment..."

He got up and headed out the cabin leaving her in the bed to rest.
As he walked through the hall to the bridge he hear more chattering and mumbling. As he entered he say Gorge drinking some more a looking at the communications screen. There was a familiar face portrayed as the ID of the sender and he recognized it instantly.

Tori.

Jackson grimaced and made a face. It was her again. What the hell did she want now? He walked more closer and he could see Gorge was muttering angrly at the wide screen and drinking some more.

"So what is it?"

"Yaa know da chick? I know de face... from somewhere.... PLR.... Lookit... look at... what she said! She be playing wuv us!"

Jackson sighed and looked at the sceen himself and started to read. He more bored reading through the chitter chatter boring stuff... until he read the last paragraph....

Quote:Do what it is you need to do,
Just let me know where I can collect her from.
She's worth more to us then you are at the moment, Jackson.
I can't afford to have her going missing, or killed.

At first he just stared at the screen feeling highly insulted.

After the initial shock of it, oddly enough, he started to laugh. Gorge caught up on it and started to laugh too. The echo of the laughter was sure to be spread across the ship.

"Gorge... you know what this means right?"

"Yee're... seriously not considering what I think you are... considering... are yeah capt'in?"

"Oh you know I am..."

"But capt'in..."

"Relax..."

"But......... UUghh %$#@ it! *laughs*"

Jackson took off back to the cabin leaving Gorge laughing and drinking still, looking at the screen in amusement. When he came back he returned with Thing's bloodied shirt he had then completely taken off her.

"Gorge... begin transmission..."

The laughter echo'd through the ship, this woke her. Jackson returned to the cabin, he was in a hurry but she took no notice of that. She just smiled a little and said hi. A part of her wanted to just get up and leave, refuse his help... After all, she would be fine. Even more so now then she would have been before. The other part wanted to stay, not just for the help but for the company. She decided she would be ok with things if they could even just continue being friends.

She didn't argue when he told her to remove the shirt, or when he helped her do it. He covered her with a light sheet, enough to keep her dignity, but not heavy enough to cause more damage. He had said something about cleaning up. It wasn't long before she was lying back how she had been and falling back into a restless sleep.

When she woke again, he was in the room. She was quiet for a moment, not wanting to disturb whatever it was he was doing. Curiosity got the better of her. "you told her I am with you...." It didn't sound much as if she was asking, more stating what she thought had happened until she added "Did you?"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5