Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Kokuryū-kai. Re: A Trade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The common sequence of author display and encryption notification play out.  The format suggests that the transmission is not running on a public frequency and is probably using some kind of quality black market encryption protocols.

The speaker gives the recorder a few moments before starting in, audibly exhaling on a cigarette.  He keeps an even tone, speaking Japanese evenly and formally.

<Hello, my name is Fuma Katashi.  I am the present leader of the Yamamichi-gumi, and would like to extend my respects personally.  Business matters keep me in the office, otherwise I would have flown out personally to discuss various things.  While you are aware of me and what I represent, it is always best to start things off properly, don't you agree?>

Another puff if a cigarette.

<I wish it to be know that it is my intention that we both prosper.  I apologize for any localized interruptions in revenue you may have had suffered while some men made the respectable choice to oppose me.  I can be reasonably certain that there will not be a repeat of this for some time, and would like to reassure you of this.  All manner of trade should have already resumed to full capacity, and if any are has not, please tell me so that the difficulty can be resolved immediately.>

<With this in mind, I have firmly set my sights on becoming more active within space based ventures.  I would like to propose a sort of a gentleman's agreement between our organizations, I think ultimately for the betterment of both.  It is known well enough that your organization possesses a great many trade connections, and the quality of its offerings is enviable.  However, with such a volume of goods one must be selective about how they deal with the consumers and middle-men of their products.  It is difficult for any one group to move things to all the places they are needed.  In our work with you on the pavement of New Tokyo we have always had cordial relations, and you have been very fair to us in return for our services.>

He pauses, starting up again with a more resolute undertone.

<I request, on behalf of my organization and in the spirit of our past good will, to be granted the right of first selection of goods, after yourselves of course.  We will be able to most effectively handle these products, and it would be unfortunate for the choicest of products to languish in the warehouses of those who fail to recognize its value, which I fear may be the case with the other Hogosha groups.  I do not request any manner of price modification, as your prices are already fair.  It is simply the ability to select goods ahead of my competitors.  In return, I promise to recommend for, or make you aware of any business opportunity that we do not have the capability to complete so that you may gain advantage from it.>

The formal tone relaxes more as he wraps up the request.

<And if you ever happen to be traveling nearby and choose to come by my offices to honor me with a personal visit, I have a fifty year old bottle of spirits, and I feel that opening it and pouring you a drink would be a great way to cement our continued friendship.>