Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Extendin The Olive Branch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
<incoming message log - Neural Net>

Greetings Members of the Crimson Cross,

I be supposing I should have probably sent word of my recent ventures in Outcast space, but see'in as I am currently and historically been a member of the pirating breed of Outcast, I figured Id been warmly received...

After receiving word of the recent destruction of my wee storage facility newly constructed to keep an eye on IMG policing and interfering with cardamine trading, I see i must have been mistaken. Ironically I had granted access to all members of .:j:., |+|, [101st], OSI-, [TAZ] all who seem at least loosely affiliated with the Crimson Cross did that expecting our relationship to proceed benevolently.

First let me state that in my historical experience I am not used to seeing Outcast so officially organized and influencial. A short coming I take full blame for not learning meself up about your great society before attempting to influence trade without your blessing in the Omicrons.

I do feel that I been a little prejudiced against regarding my intentions.... First off I mean no harm against any allied or friendly factions to the Cross such as those mentioned above as loose affiliates. Me and my associates were just looking for our cut of the trading for protecting Freelancer and other non affiliated cardamine vessels as we were providing scouting information detailing IMG policing efforts in the TAU systems, in order to allow these vessels safe passage unhindered. In no way were we impeding cardamine trade. In fact I would have gladly paid for rights or entered into a service agreement with the Cross, seeing as I have yet to share your religious convictions. Maybe in the future I can be brought to see the light and provide service in some way but at the moment I am still exploring the opportunities that Sirius has to offer.

What I dont understand is: Although I did not seek the Blessing of the Cross before venturing out, All my vessels have appropriate faction rep with Outcasts, was it really necessary for such an aggressive welcome as that which destroyed all me hard work? Couldn't ya had just sent a message coming to some terms and foster an agreement>?

Also seeing as many of your members appear to have loose affiliations with other friendly factions such as Junkers or Zoners, why is it so offensive that my financial supports originates from a small group of Zoners unhappy under the thumb of IMG?

I hope to come to some agreement or terms with your great organization so that I can continue to operate in a capacity that causes a bond with Syndicate and Cross members, or at least a financially beneficial mutual relationship.

I sincerely apologize if this message has been sent to the wrong place and I hope for some level of communication for coexistence.

~[D4Rk]Overlord[X]

<end message>
[Image: WKsW1Bf.png]

[+]=======

To: "D-fork(?) Overlord"

I will spare you the pleasantries of a formal introduction and get right to the meat of the issue here:

Malta is our home. Malta is our only home, and the only place the people of la Nazione di Malta have that can offer us refuge, and the one place where the Orange Dream can thrive. Keep this in mind when referring to our homeworld.

We will defend that which we hold dear with every soldier, ship and weapon we have, and once were out of those, we'll use the scrapped remains to fight for it until the bitter end. All to ensure the safety of Malta.

Security is an issue nobody in Omicron Alpha takes lightly, and for you to have an installation so close to our home and think it wise to not at the very least contact us about it prior?

*she offers a brief chuckle before continuing*
Amico, you're lucky we did not hunt down every single ship bearing your people's flag and flay them alive as slowly as possible.

Now, that epistle aside, our borders will remain open for your people.

For now

But should you slip up again, believe me when I say:

You and everyone who has ever met you, shall regret it.

I do hope I have made myself crystal clear.

--Inquisitor Espinosa