Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Anonymity of Rule Violation Reports
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Alright, now, I know I brought this up before, but it seems to have been quite ignored.

Is there a possibility that we can add a part to the Rule Violation Report Template that explicitly states that the title and subtitle cannot be fielded with a character name in order to avoid breaking the anonymity of such reports? By fielding a title or subtitle with someone's name, then said people can be classified as Rule Breakers by players by using the View New Posts button on the forums, where even invisible topics are shown, but only title and subtitle are shown, with the thread still inaccessible. Instead, I opt for filling said fields with the rule numbers broken.

Anyone else agree?

Example of what I am saying:

Title: [AFA]Sousuke.Patro
Subtitle: Acting as a terrorist.

Now, then, that would show here, and no doubt someone would see it and classify me as a terrorist rule breaker, regardless of what the thread truly said or what the screens really showed.

Example of what I opt for.

Title: Violation 6.19
Subtitle: Wrong ID.

So, anyone else agree with maintaining the anonymity of the reports?

EDIT: It was an example of someone reporting me.
Rule violation reports do not appear in view new posts

Sanction reports do.

Therefore unless you've been sanctioned does your name appear, which means the screenshots provided in the invisible report, have been judged to find you guilty.

So, until you're judged guilty, you are anonymous
' Wrote:Rule violation reports do not appear in view new posts

Sanction reports do.

Therefore unless you've been sanctioned does your name appear, which means the screenshots provided in the invisible report, have been judged to find you guilty.

So, until you're judged guilty, you are anonymous

You silly man, sanction reports do show indeed, topic and title only thought, you can't view the post.

Baconsoda i fully support your idea.
' Wrote:You silly man, sanction reports do show indeed, topic and title only thought, you can't view the post.

Baconsoda i fully support your idea.

oh? I've never seen one appear in the view new posts

I've made one report, and i didn't put the name in the title anyhow.

' Wrote:oh? I've never seen one appear in the view new posts

I've made one report, and i didn't put the name in the title anyhow.

Alright, even if they do not appear in the View New Posts, they do appear in the portal, and as the newest post in the Rule Violation Report subforum. It is still possible to see the title and subtitle regardless of the View New Posts button.
Only cowards hide behind anonymity anyway. The whole process should be open, that's the only way it can be fair.
Akumabito, you have been warned already sir, please don't push your luck any further ...
It does seem very awkward to have since since you can see them in the last post info area. Your idea seems very sound.
Well, let me rephase it then. I'm not afraid to put a sanction report on anyone openly, because there's nothing to be afraid of.

Likewise I would want any sanction report on me done openly.

There's a reason it's done that way in every civilized court in the world.

The right to face your accusers and see the entirety of the evidence against you is nothing to be afraid of.

Now, if you want to ban me for that opinion do so.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6