Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Comatose experience
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
((Backgroundmusic for atmosphere http://tabletopaudio.com/index.html?12 ))

It was dark... Pitch black to be exact.
"Where... am I?"
she asked.
"What... is all this..."
Confused but not the slightest bit scared she just stood there... in complete darkness. Blackness, no matter where she turned to...
Nothing to see in the entirety of this void...
No sense stimulated... No scent to smell, nothing to see, no physical sensations...
The only thing she heard was her heart, slowly beating, her lungs expanding and deflating as she took long breaths...
"Is anyone there?"
she slightly worried asked into the abyss of the nothingness.
Nothing replied... not a single voice except her own was heard...
She couldn't remember much... Only a few faces and voices is, what she remembers...
Not even her real name... People would always just refer to her as "Angel"
She sat down with her eyes tearing up, pressing her knees against her chest and engulfing them with her arms.
"Where are they... Why am I alone? What has happened to me?"
She started crying, her eyes dropping tears like glinting waterfalls down her cheeks. As they leave her face and drop below her, they keep falling as if there was no floor.
Absoulte silence, except her sobbing in the absolute darkness of this void.
After a while she dried her eyes, slowly standing up and just wandering through the blackness.
She did not expect to see much, but what she heard was... touching.
She remembered things... Memories floating in the nothingness around her... People she met, what they said and did together.
Her eyes started tearing up again, but not because of sadness this time...
They were tears of joy.
She didn't know how long she's been sitting in this void so far, but it felt like an eternity. And these memories were like a bandage on a wound...
Soothing and assisting to move on.
She walked faster in hope of remembering more like this.
Soon - without noticing - she was running, looking for more things she might remember.
And then, she stopped instantly...
Even before she saw anything, she heard a person crying... A woman she knew very well...
For some strange reason, she knew that what she was going to witness was not pleasant to see.
She saw a girl, lying on a bed, eyes closed...
She was young, with long blonde hair and silky skin...
Her body looked weak and she was connected to lots of wires, infusions and a cardiograph.
Next to her bed, there were four people. Three men and a woman.
The woman, sitting next to the girl, was sobbing prefusely, with the hand of her intertwined with the girl's petite hand.
The men were each different.
Arumat Calvo, being tall and pale, trying to comfort the woman.
Bacchus Beleth, a rather muscle-bound man, sitting on a chair, covering his face with both his hands, holding back tears.
And James el Harady, definetely sad, but only dropping a tear out of his eye, trying to maintain his authoritarian status.
Then, she noticed, that the girl, lying motionlessly on the bed was herself...
It was at that moment, that the whole scene crashed before her eyes, and some sort of memory-rush occured in the small girls head.
She remembered fear, adrenaline moving through her veins and pain...
And suddenly...
Darkness fell over her again...
She understood now..
"I am... not dead.. I"
She turned around, seeing if there's anything for her to look at. Something that she could grab existence from.
"I am... in a coma..."
Her face lost all emotions as she laid down on the black floor.
"I hope I can see Maria again"
she mumbled to herself...

(( Change in ambience http://tabletopaudio.com/index.html?1 ))

Suddenly she heard weird noises...
Scratching, short statics and pounds.
She lifted herself up, looking around to see if she could make out, from where the sounds came.
When she was able to make out the rough direction of where it came from, she ran towards it.
It felt like she had to. Her heart started beating rapidly as she sprinted towards the weird noises.
They grew stronger and louder. They grew so loud, she could actually feel the vibrations moving through her whole body.
Then, when the noices were the loudest, they stopped being hearable.
She could only feel the vibrations.
And then, something appeared in the darkness...
A green light, glowing dim, far away.
She slowly walked towards it, the light growing bigger and brighter, as she moved closer.
When she was standing right in front of it, the vibrations stopped...
And she could feel her body getting warmer and the darkness to lighten up... first a light black, then grey, until everything was white.
But the green light remained.
She slowly moved her hand towards the green light and right as she touched it, her body felt like it was out of all possible energy.
She fell backwards on the floor, eyes closed, with no power to move.
Her senses were weak, she couldn't hear anything but swish, her eyes only opened slowly and she could only feel her own slow heartbeat.
After a while she was able to fully open her eyes, and realising that she was lying in a bed, with a woman, resting her head on the girls hand, sleeping.
Angel was still too weak to talk, but she smiled at the sight of the woman, slightly caressing her cheek.
A loud beeping, coming from the machines, Angel was connected to awoke the woman, tearing up as she saw the girl with her eyes open, smiling at her.

:: [Canaan] Individual -Angel- condition : Awake ::
:: Comatose state has been overcome ::
:: Notifying rest of [Canaan] Members ::

With a weak voice, Angel said:
"Thank you, Maria..."
After hearing that, Maria's eyes dropped tears as she gladly embraced Angel.
Soon after, the three men Angel saw earlier in the void rushed in as well, with the brightest of smiles on their faces.
Arumat, running immediately to Maria hugged her and Angel at the same time, with tears in his eyes.
Bacchus sighed deeply, saying
"Thank god, she's alright..."
James - while still smiling - affirmed
"Yes... I'm glad the AIs could provide the machines to give her the chance to wake up again..."
While still hugging and crying, Maria repeated over and over again
"They'll never hurt you again. I swear by everything I have, the Core will never get close to you. I promise!"
Angel smiled, letting a tear of joy escape her eyes.