Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Lion's Cage Meeting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Liara waved her hand while shaking her head slightly, dismissing Jessica's last few words "Nonsense. Nothing to put up with, it's just me trying to tend to my agents. In regards to our methods however, we do not require you to like how we do things, but merely appreciate the outcome it brings when it truly matters."

She then paused for a moment, her head tilts to the side slightly as she adopts a curious figure all of a sudden. Pondering for a brief period, she tapped the table with her fingers before uttering more words.

"I am interested however, about another topic. What's Aelita to you anyway ? I mean, trying to put myself in your perspective, she's a complete stranger that bumped to my doorstep uninvited, carrying heaven-knows-what with or followed by, willingly or otherwise. Commendable as your act of compassion may be, it's in my nature to question if it is only that, or something more."
Jessica takes a slight breath. "Aelita isn't a stranger dear. I've known her for a little while now. While of course she doesn't talk much about what she does here, we have had enough time with each other to the point where I understand who she is. Believe me, your crappy training on how to act around other people didn't make that an easy thing to do either. Thankfully people open up to you eventually if you persist. I can tell she doesn't get the chance to genuinely smile very often."

Giving Grey a look. She wasn't meaning to insult the Order, although there were a few quirks which she reaaally didn't like to learn about. She wasn't the type to keep quiet about them either.

"It's not only compassion. It's understanding. Understanding with perhaps a few hints of regret and trauma slicing into me. I wouldn't be doing this for just some random person who was managed to be nursed back to health. Agent or not, i'd be doing this with anyone else for her."

Taking a quiet breath.

"I suppose the bottom line which i'm worried about here.. If Aelita decides to stay away from the Agency, can I trust you to buzz off and let her do her thing, without worrying about you guys ever again in the future? She is well aware of what she can and cannot do i'd imagine. Beyond that, I don't believe she needs anything else to stress her about whatever decision she may make."
"While I myself would like to give you a definitive answer to that question, we both know that circumstances, Order related or not, dictate that I may need to get back in touch with her at some point. I'd hate to go against my word should times force me to. I can however, lay off for a while so that she may be at peace with herself, even after she makes a full recovery. Regardless, I promise nothing."

She then readjusted in her seat and arched her back slightly before resuming a comfortable position.

"Now, this might be pointless to ask but, am I to expect you going to length in keeping Aelita and the Order appart regardless of anything or..?"
"Well, I guess since we're both behind honest here.." Sitting back, taking a quiet breath. "I guess that's more than enough to me. No, no, i'm not going to any length to keep her away from the Order at any cost. I'm not going to lie to you. I'm not a fan of the Order. Your Public Relations absolutely suck. Doesn't mean I know everything about you guys though. It's not my life. It's Aelitas. If she wants to get back to you guys, she can do whatever the hell she wants. Although I do have a few things that bring me to believe that it might not be the case.

I'm merely trying to keep the peace on what she wants dear. I have nothing against you. You seem nice enough besides the ahh.. Uh.. High pressure situation looking room."
Pondered as the following long moments of silence gave the atmosphere a tint of unease. Liara stood up from her seat and paced around the chair slowly. Arms crossed before her chest, she'd seem to lose herself in thought before reverting. She sighed as she sat back down, gazing at Jessica once more.

"Very well. Agent Stone is all yours. The previous channel established with AI Lyoko will be used to issue an upcoming transmission. Aelita will be honorably discharged untill or if she even decides to return to us. Untill then, her life is her own. Take good care of her for as long as she's around you and, well that pretty much summs it up. The previously mentioned channel will remain open to you and her only, should either of you wish to discuss further matters of high priority."
Pages: 1 2