Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The "Boot"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
//This is part of an ongoing RP - Do not post here. Alphawolf215 and myself only.

Charlotte sat at the bar, awaiting James' arrival. She had already been through a pint, had a conversation with the barman about the war and was just about ready to order another drink. The "Boot", was one of the first bars James and Charlotte had ever been to. She knew the barman well, well enough to mention things going on in the Admiralty Board anyway. Now her thoughts pondered onto James. When was he going to turn up?
James sauntered into the boot, followed by four or five other men. The group moved over to a corner, still in view of the holoscreen so they could watch the game. James, however, moved to the bar

Hello Rick! Long time no see mate!

He grasped the barmans hand firmly, shaking it as they grinned. He was the same bar keep as the day James made his first trip to the Boot. The two, over time, had become good friends, and had shared many a story over the years James spent at the academy. As such, Rick poured him a glass of bitter, and pointed him to a table about halfway across the room. There was Charlotte, taller than he remembered... And she's grown up a lot too. No longer the teenager he remembered her as, but a celebrated officer.

His superior, and closest friend.

I would ask if the seat is taken Ma'am, but I'm not sure regulation allows me to drink with my superiors...
Charlotte was too indulged in her own thoughts, she didn't notice James wondering in. She looked at her empty glass, noticed it was empty and was about to get up to order another. She recognised his voice, she remembered all of his sarcastic comments from 6 years ago.

"Do I look like an Officer to you?" She pushed the chair, which was opposite to her, out with her foot.

"You've finally put a bit of meat on those arms I see." She mocked him with a bit of a laugh before placing her empty glass back down on the table.