Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Captain Nicole Hayes, ESRD Lead
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
***INCOMING TRANSMISSION***

To: CAPT HAYES, Nicole
Source: JAEGER, Lisa
Encryption: Jaeger Cipher
Priority: High

Gjsecdh Behhd,

Ko cm qh xyfzlmxjqokia nljw jqp uli ckp jzux so wsg ZMLH - ckp Ndvyvcb Ycqs'm mwwpngcaiwfp fdpcwrry.

K njion wz Xdwy Empttvf Gsavp c ayq hjbd cbi urm kp kimnvdfegy gy xx upcxb iyc wz ajo.........

- - - - - -

RECIPIENT DETECTED: NICOLE HAYES

EMBEDDED DECRYPTION SOFTWARE RUNNING... DONE.

DECRYPTING MESSAGE...

- - - - - -

Captain Hayes,

It is my understanding that you are the head of the ESRD - the Liberty Navy's intelligence division.

I spoke to Vice Admiral Morse a few days ago and he instructed me to reach out to you. I wanted to offer my services to the ESRD in an independent contractor role. I have no interest in joining the Navy, but as a freelancer without direct connection to any factions, I believe I can of service to you.

As for what I bring to the table - I am a computer hacker with over a decade of experience. I also have an AI I built myself, called JADE, that assists me with my work. Between the two of us, we can get into just about anything short of the TLAGSNET itself.

I have been working against the Gallic menace for a few years now, both on my own and with a few different small groups. I've accumulated quite a bit of intelligence on the Gauls, some of which may be new to you. Indeed, I've even been inside Gallia proper on two occasions - it is not something that I am eager to repeat but the knowledge I gained could prove useful to you.

I am aware the Liberty Navy is pushing more of an aggressive stance towards Gallia, and so I am certain my experience and skillset will prove useful to you. My professional fees can be arranged - I am not cheap to employ but I do not disappoint.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Lisa Jaeger

***END TRANSMISSION***
****INCOMING TRANSMISSION****

|-------------------------------------------------------|
[Image: 6PV7xUP.png]
|-------------------------------------------------------|

[Image: vn4sUoJ.png][Image: tJMBVem.png][Image: lG7pMgo.png]
[Image: Qit5CTc.png][Image: OYb3p1U.png][Image: F0CLbpV.png]
[Image: ffPVCMJ.png][Image: naEc8El.png][Image: XG0SdpE.png]
[Image: ULrh0so.png][Image: 8VaVemj.png][Image: Ywp8yZn.png]

COMM ID: Captain Nicole Hayes
TARGET ID: Lisa Jaeger; CC: Vice Admiral Michael Morse
ENCRYPTION: Very High
PRIORITY: High

Ms. Jaeger, hello.

I can't say it's a common occurrence that a civilian reaches out to us in a regard such as this...much less knows of the existence of the ESRD in the first place. So, I have to ask, why has Vice Admiral Morse deemed it fit that you should be cleared to work with the ESRD, particularly as you're not a member of the Navy in the first place? In this regard, we can't afford to grant trust to every freelancer that comes along.

I've opened the channel for Vice Admiral Morse to lend his voice. As soon as he confirms your involvement, we'll be free to discuss further. For now, I'm not at liberty to disclose any information to you.

Captain Hayes, signing off.

****TRANSMISSION TERMINATED****
****INCOMING TRANSMISSION****

COMM ID: VADM Michael Morse
TARGET ID: Captain Nicole Hayes
SUBJECT: Jaeger
ENCRYPTION: High-Eyes Only
PRIORITY: High

Captain Hayes,

While this may not be standard procedure, if Miss Jaeger is as good as she says she is, she'll be a valuable asset to the ESRD. The very fact that she was able to contact you on a secure channel is evidence of that. The young lady has graciously offered her services, and I can see no reason to turn them down.

I understand your qualms about her being a civilian, but let me assure you that she may be one now, but was not always such. I won't go into detail over a unsecured line of communication, but her previous employers are trustworthy, and she comes highly recommended. I'll let her speak for herself on this point, it's not my place to do so.

Sincerely,

Vice Admiral Michael Morse
Liberty Navy First Fleet.

Important: This communication remains the property of the Liberty Defence Forces and is subject to the jurisdiction of the Neural Net Communications Act 807A.S, Section 30. If you have received this message in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the communication.

Important: The details within this document are classified. Duplication of any portion of this document is strictly prohibited. Distribution to personnel without proper clearance is strictly prohibited. Failure to comply with these regulations is a violation of the Military Intelligence Act 802A.S. Violation of this act is considered an act of treason and will be treated as such.

****TRANSMISSION TERMINATED****
TRANSMISSION: Begin
ENCRYPTION: MAXIMUM
PRIORITY: HIGH
TARGET ID: JAEGER, Lisa
SUBJECT: ------
SENDER ID: ESRD Directorate

-- --- ---- ----- ---- --- --
[Image: LSkiXJw.png]

Hello, Miss Jaeger. On the behalf of the ESRD, I would like to extend an apology for the delay in responding to this particular topic. Captain Hayes is currently incapacitated, following wounds suffered in a recent fleet engagement. I, however, am more than happy to address your request.

The nature of an independent contractor in our organization would be highly unusual, I must say...but, seeing as you have come so highly recommended, both within the Navy and without, I am willing to consider your proposal. I would like you to provide a demonstration of your ability before we choose to accept you, however.

Should you choose to accept, we will provide you with a secure database to prove your skills as a hacker, and the versatility of your artificial intelligence. If you wish to prove your trust, as well, I would highly advise forwarding us any intelligence you may have gathered on the Gallics, so that we may make use of it to the best of our ability. Once you have shown that you are both capable and loyal, we will negotiate a contract.

Directorate, end message.

TRANSMISSION: End

To: ESRD DIRECTORATE
Encryption: High

Director,

Bring it on. I have made it a habit of proving my doubters wrong.

As for intelligence, I don't expect I know a great deal beyond what is already on file with the BIS or LSF. However, I was able to recently recover some intel from a listener drone I dropped on the edges of Gallic space. Most of it was incomprehensible garbage or trivial nonsense, however it did pick up some transmissions with a military encryption. Even with JADE's help I was only able to decrypt small pieces, but perhaps there is something of use to you there.

Finally, I can add an additional piece to my offer - James Arland, who is one of my closest friends and a man I have worked with for a very long time, has just returned from several months behind Gallic lines. James was once a Commander in the BAF Primary Fleet, and he is, in my opinion, the foremost expert alive when it comes to killing Gauls. He is interested in working with me again, so if you would like to utilize his knowledge or experience, that can likely be arranged.

Lisa Jaeger

***END TRANSMISSION***

To: ESRD DIRECTORATE
Encryption: High

Director,

As you must already know, I have completed your little test of my abilities. It was not overly difficult, but you did throw in a handful of unique little snags that almost tripped me up. Hopefully it was completed to your satisfaction.

James and I are ready to start work whenever is convenient. As for the contract, I would suggest a one-month contract to start with, so we can get to know each other a little better before any mutual commitment to long-term employment. I would propose a price of two million credits for that month - one for me and one for James.

Let me know what you think.

Lisa Jaeger

***END TRANSMISSION***
TRANSMISSION: Begin
ENCRYPTION: MAXIMUM
PRIORITY: HIGH
TARGET ID: JAEGER, Lisa
SUBJECT: ------
SENDER ID: ESRD Directorate

[Image: LSkiXJw.png]

Hello, Miss Jaeger.

Following review of the data you provided us and an evaluation of your skills in the trial we issued, we feel that a woman of your skill and talents would be a worthy asset for the ESRD. All that remains is for you to sign the contract of service. Do remember that this contract will be binding, and a breach of the terms will be reciprocated with full legal action, a warrant for your arrest, and potentially designation as a fugitive of the Republic of Liberty.

Report to Willard Research Station at the date and time attached to this message, and we will go over the contract. The file is heavily encrypted--think of this as a final test, if you would like. Or, perhaps, you may simply think of it as a warm-up for things to come. Regardless, the file includes the decryption key for further sensitive information we may transmit you. Do not lose it.

Directorate, end message.

TRANSMISSION: End