Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Systems Update Feedback: Independent Worlds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
(03-03-2015, 12:00 AM)Hawksmoor Wrote: [ -> ]You honestly can't see the difference?? There is a huge difference between an indy system like Humboldt and a Home system like Vespucci. It's not a matter of how many jumpholes there are it's a matter of who controls it. Vespucci is a home system controlled by HF, that means limited access to the system.

I, as a Rogue, can limit your access to the system in a complete identical manner. You asked me if I don't see it any different then I'll tell you again - no, I don't. Unless you point it out to me how exactly.

Mind that I agree that Ravager needs to move slightly away to allow incoming traffic through Magellan Jump Hole, undisturbed.

Also, HF won't be able to mine it, so yes, I don't see how the situation changes at all except from a Liberty Rogue sole faction to Hellfire Legion sole faction.

I agree with that. Otherwise Kansas will be an empty useless system. Perhaps the Iridium field can be triggered back on instead? Perhaps in addition? (I really liked that field Sad )

Feels more fitting to the Junker spirit to work with independent miners anyway (at least to me)
Honestly my interpretation of Junkers is they really care about two things, looking out for other Junkers and making money while staying out of others way. Working with DSE makes us money, I am sure we would be willing to working freelance miners as well..

Of course there are multiple ways to interpret junker RP.
If someone unwanted (pirates or others) enters Humboldt they pretty much have free reign to the system and there tends to be no lasting repercussions, maybe some lost cargo or credits. If someone unwanted enters Vespucci that could potentially be looked upon as an act of war by HF and have very bad consequences. There's a big difference between a home system and an indy system.
The point of the mining field in Vespucci isn't necessarily that it's there for [HF] to mine and exploit, but that it becomes potentially DANGEROUS to go and mine it BECAUSE [HF] is there.

And to those who say mining fields in home systems don't exist, you used to be able to mine Artifacts in Gamma...dunno if that's still the case, but there is certainly precedent there.
Well, time to start up a Xenos mining division in Vespucci.

Also just noticed that LN could invade Frankfurt through Alaska now.
(03-03-2015, 01:07 AM)Loki557 Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly my interpretation of Junkers is they really care about two things, looking out for other Junkers and making money while staying out of others way. Working with DSE makes us money, I am sure we would be willing to working freelance miners as well..

Junkers are about Salvaging and smuggling.

The fact that some faction jump trades or build PoB for DSE miners or pirates everyone outside Liberty,Bretonia and Rheinland doesn't mean it is the role of Junkers. It is the role of those factions.

Congress in my eyes are like OSI now. Corporate Junkers. No longer the one described in lore. JM is closer to lore as they are pirating just like NPCs did. They also bring shady stuff when you pay them good money to do.

OSI is corporate Zoners who are no longer real Zoners, if they heavily rely on docking their 5kers to house space while maintaining indie IDed capital ships.

SIMPLE RP EXLANATION:
DSE mined out the crap out of those fields in Humboldt. They are exhausted just like ones in Colorado. DSE looked for other fields, found them in Vespucci.

It is that simple of explanation.
(03-03-2015, 04:42 AM)KaiserDietz Wrote: [ -> ]Well, time to start up a Xenos mining division in Vespucci.

Also just noticed that LN could invade Frankfurt through Alaska now.

[Image: 1324345921001.png]

Right...that creates some cool options Smile
(03-03-2015, 12:01 PM)Snak3 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-03-2015, 01:07 AM)Loki557 Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly my interpretation of Junkers is they really care about two things, looking out for other Junkers and making money while staying out of others way. Working with DSE makes us money, I am sure we would be willing to working freelance miners as well..

The fact that some faction jump trades or build PoB for DSE miners or pirates everyone outside Liberty,Bretonia and Rheinland doesn't mean it is the role of Junkers. It is the role of those factions.

Congress in my eyes are like OSI now. Corporate Junkers. No longer the one described in lore. JM is closer to lore as they are pirating just like NPCs did. They also bring shady stuff when you pay them good money to do.

OSI is corporate Zoners who are no longer real Zoners, if they heavily rely on docking their 5kers to house space while maintaining indie IDed capital ships.

SIMPLE RP EXLANATION:
DSE mined out the crap out of those fields in Humboldt. They are exhausted just like ones in Colorado. DSE looked for other fields, found them in Vespucci.

Congress still smuggles. We just do it smart. Congress still operates as pirates in Kusari. Just because we do not wish to pirate the miners that makes us tons of credits and purchases our wares, does not mean we no longer pirate. Other mining factions have mined ore fields far more and a lot longer than we had access to the ore fields around Saltese. I do not see any other ore fields being hit here. This is directed only at us, as usual.
(03-03-2015, 12:01 PM)Snak3 Wrote: [ -> ]

SIMPLE RP EXLANATION:

Good thing there can be multiple interpretation of any factions RP. I personally think both JMs and congress both have valid representations of the faction and personally worked together more as different sides of the same coin. Also, like the stab at OSI there, I will personally concede to you on the indie cap although I will point out I think we only have one and I personally don't like its use.
To: Junker Congress

Statistics from 2014-10-10 to 2015-02-28

[Image: Rjf7P5Q.png?1]

1.66% in Kusari.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14