Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Systems Update Feedback: Independent Worlds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
I thought we weren't supposed to be discussing random disagreements between factions anymore in this topic. My opinion still stand that it makes more sense to split the two fields one in Kansas one in Vespucci or move both the fields to one of the systems and add a new field in another.
Why rename Ellesmere :\
Good work anyways.
(03-01-2015, 07:14 AM)Echo 7-7 Wrote: [ -> ]Coronado/Manchester link - A quicker route through the barrier pass now than going via Cortez, to encourage smugglers to go through Bretonian space. This should offer more chances for interaction between Bretonian lawfuls and smugglers.
Kusari/Bretonia traffic currently heads through Tau 31 and Newcastle - I don't see any advantage in trying to reroute that out of the Taus, since that only deprives the Gallic warzone of targets. Cardamine isn't smuggled into Bretonia, and anything from Gallia to Bretonia is already passing through Bretonian systems anyway. Bretonia isn't a middle point for any contraband other than artifacts, and Coronado is irrelevant for that, except that your change has a real danger of eliminating Barrier Gate as an artifact reseller.
I don't see what you are trying to accomplish here. Which commodity routes, specifically are you trying to affect?
My reply has been severely delayed since the lengthy draft I had prepared was accidentally wiped by my laptop, and suddenly RL obligations ambushed me and I let this slip behind. Explanations coming soon™.
(03-22-2015, 08:19 AM)Echo 7-7 Wrote: [ -> ]My reply has been severely delayed since the lengthy draft I had prepared was accidentally wiped by my laptop, and suddenly RL obligations ambushed me and I let this slip behind. Explanations coming soon™.

Newly formed tears about bases and mining fields reminded me about this thread, is there any chance we can get explanations and what not. More importantly have you decided to rename Kansas as Humboldt to make me and the rest of the stoners happy?
(03-22-2015, 08:19 AM)Echo 7-7 Wrote: [ -> ]Explanations coming soon™.

Bumping
(03-08-2015, 02:41 PM)Xoria Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see what you are trying to accomplish here. Which commodity routes, specifically are you trying to affect?

The purpose of this change is to get rid of the ability to forgo traversing House Space if you're going between the Taus and Liberty. Currently, one doesn't have to go through either Bretonia or Kusari because of this route, which removes a lot of potential activity for the House factions, particularly between cardamine/slaves smugglers and the KSP/BPA/other lawfuls. More than just them are affected, of course, and the primary goal here is actually not driven by economics, Xoria. Instead, the intent is to force the people who benefit from not going through Kusari or Bretonia to take more risks by actually doing so, plausibly generating more activity within those Houses. At the moment, sailing through Baffin and Coronado, the likelihood of being challenged with RP/PvP/anything along the way is too low and the route is too safe.

I would have preferred the Coronado-Cortez link be deleted, but the idea of stretching it out across the whole system of Coronado, thus making it less appealing (to anyone who isn't AFK trading) than Manchester, is okay with me.

(05-19-2015, 05:15 PM)Captain_Nemo Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-22-2015, 08:19 AM)Echo 7-7 Wrote: [ -> ]Explanations coming soon™.

Bumping

From what I've been told, there have been a few setbacks regarding the small region of space beneath Liberty, which are currently being discussed and worked out. When will it happen? Probably not too soon, but we'll see.
(05-19-2015, 06:45 PM)Teerin Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-08-2015, 02:41 PM)Xoria Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see what you are trying to accomplish here. Which commodity routes, specifically are you trying to affect?

The purpose of this change is to get rid of the ability to forgo traversing House Space if you're going between the Taus and Liberty. Currently, one doesn't have to go through either Bretonia or Kusari because of this route, which removes a lot of potential activity for the House factions, particularly between cardamine/slaves smugglers and the KSP/BPA/other lawfuls. More than just them are affected, of course, and the primary goal here is actually not driven by economics, Xoria. Instead, the intent is to force the people who benefit from not going through Kusari or Bretonia to take more risks by actually doing so, plausibly generating more activity within those Houses. At the moment, sailing through Baffin and Coronado, the likelihood of being challenged with RP/PvP/anything along the way is too low and the route is too safe.

You may not find many smugglers taking the Tau routes considering how Sigma 21 offers both Corsairs and Outcasts the quickest routes into Liberty, ironically enough by bypassing the whole of Kusari and Rheinland (21 into Oita and Hamburg respectively). Unless that system is over 300k across and packed full of thoroughly upset nasties, you're gonna be hard pressed to find someone unwilling to risk it to knock 4-5 systems from their route.
Since the time of the original post, I've been reading a lot of the feedback posted here as well as discussed privately. I appreciate the concerns raised, and some of the ideas presented were intended to be controversial. Suffice to say, current plans and in-progress changes do look quite a bit different from the posted proposal.

One of the inhibiting factors when it comes to removing/deleting systems, even the boring ones, is that it can create unintended shortcuts that are challenging to balance. In particular, the concept for Sigma-21 as presented is problematic, so we're going back to the drawing board on that.

In the coming weeks I aim to have some per-region plans drafted and posted for discussion. I will leave this thread unlocked for now.
Can't wait for the drafts to be posted. looking forward to the discussions.

+1 Echo for the hard work.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14