Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Concerned Parties
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Adventure Galley, Tau-29 System.
5th April 821 A.S

Sender: Leslie Durant
Recipient: Lisa Jaeger, James Arland, Aramaki Daisuke, "Curse"
Topic: Rescue.

Evenin', all of you.

I'll get straight to business, assuming that you've informed Lisa of the situation already, James.

Admittedly, it does not look good. Our chances revolve around the possibility of Gallic ignorance and possible corruption, and that's not very likely to play out in our favor. But before we decide on any plan of action, we'll need to gather information. About where Sakuma Hitomi is being held, and under what conditions. I spent most of last night and too many cups of coffee thinking about it, and I think I might at least have a basic outline. All of you are military or ex-military, so you'll probably be able to fill in the finer details better than I can.

As I see it, our first task would be to contact any sources any of us have within Gallia, and get to gathering information. There's only two outcomes we have to account for. If she's held in a relatively minimum security place, then we can attempt a peaceful extraction. However, if she's under heavy guard...How good are our chances at any sort of armed rescue? I don't think that's a recommended course of action...like, at all. But again, I'll defer to your judgement on this one.

My role in it would be to go in quietly. Among our lot, I'm probably the only one who can even remotely pass for a Gallic Citizen. An uncultured hooligan of one, but it'll work as long as nobody's looking too closely. And once I'm in, I can at least start laying some groundwork for...whatever we have to do next.

Additionally, I'm not sure if all of you are even convinced that this fool's gambit is worth it. Frankly, I'm pretty terrified at the concept myself. But I'd dearly like to help her. Not just for your sake, Exiles. She's a friend.

Call back as soon as you're able to.

Transmission End
***INCOMING TRANSMISSION***

To: DURANT, Leslie
Source: ARLAND, James
Encryption: HIGH
Priority: HIGH

I'll cut straight to the chase. Until we discover where Sakuma's being held, any further planning beyond the extremely general is a moot point.

Jaeger and I can go datamining, it's the type of jaunt we've become used to and should not prove too troublesome all by itself.

Should that fail to turn anything up, we'll just have to rely on whatever assorted contacts our little band can chase down to get a fix on our package.

In addition, I have some... provisional... support from my superiors in the Navy, and have received clearance to procure nearly any equipment I should require. Including but not limited to various sorts of armaments, explosives, and should the situation so require, more special-purpose materiél. The specifics of that last one is just going to have to wait until we know what we're up against.

If I may offer some tactical advice: this op MUST be executed with the utmost speed, no matter where it is, or what we choose to do. Every second we spend in the area is another one we risk detection and ultimately capture or death, depending on how the situation develops.

Ideally, we should at least make an attempt at doing this quietly and with a minimum of violence. Bribes, stealth - whichever works.

If that becomes... unattainable, we then need to immediately switch to plan B, in which we throw all subtlety out the window and force our way to Sakuma.

That too needs to run like clockwork, and I am hesitant to try it with a bunch of people I've never worked with before, several of which may have military backgrounds quite different from my own.

Speed, coordination and solid intel will be the key determinants for the outcome of this mission. Without them, we're practically dead already.

James Arland

***END TRANSMISSION***

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

Sender: "Curse" 呪い, Zenith
Recipient: Leslie Durant
CC: "Silence" 沈黙, Zenith; James Arland, Liberty Navy; Aramaki Daisuke, 343rd; Lisa Jaeger
BCC: -
Source: Battleship Yamaguchi, Roussillon

Subject: Re: Rescue.

Konnichiwa,

To be perfectly honest I see no point in this discussion until we get information where the Admiral actually is. That's why we should wait until Ms Jaeger and Mr Arland give us some sort of an anchor point. As I told you before privately, if there is any sort of ship equipment you'd need I can probably get my hands on it.

I opened the transmission to [Silence] should he want to add something to this.

Respectfully,
Shosa "Curse" 呪い
Zenith

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED

::Transmission opened::

::Sender ID: Aramaki Daisuke, Battleship 'Nagasaki', Tau-29 system::

::Encryption: High::

Konbanwa, fellow allies.

I just wanted to inform you about news I recently uncovered. Apparently, there was a person who tractored Sakuma-Kakka's pod in his hold, an Unione Corse who goes with the name of 'Bernard Picard'.
He approached us, under the cover of a freelancer who seems to be knowing the Admiral, and told us that he brought her to a station called 'Chateau d'If'. Her exact location there and possible rescue plans should be postponed until we know where exactly in the prison she is being held. I'm sure that the 'datamining' you initiated should yield some more helpful results.

I doubt that Picard will help us any more about this. He seems to be utterly crazy, to be nice about it, and he seems to have told everything he knew. Although a further interrogation doesn't seem problematic - after all, he delivered our admiral to the enemy.

I strongly hope that we will have results in the near future.

Sincerely
Aramaki Daisuke, Kaigun-Daii

::Transmission terminated::
***INCOMING TRANSMISSION***

To: Conference transmission
Source: ARLAND, James
Encryption: HIGH
Priority: HIGH

Our data corroborates Mister Aramaki's findings. Chateau D'If, Provence. Transfer log indicates one Kusari Exile prisoner fitting Sakuma's description, scheduled for medical treatment prior to incarceration in a standard cell block.

This is hardly ideal - Chateau D'If is a very secure facility flush with countermeasures against outside attack.

We should convene and discuss our approach as soon as possible - we have a limited timetable, this will only become harder once Sakuma's treatment is complete and she's transferred to a cell block.

***END TRANSMISSION***