Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Lythrilux's RP Feedback Thread [REAL]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: iyZC6Gp.png]

Seriously I really can RP. Keep things serious. I like serious stuff because I am super serious. Give me your feedback because I am actually seriously self-conscious about my serious RP image.

My ongoing roleplays:
The Excavators
Archos
Fall of the Mad King
Rise of the Noble King
Iron Will Broken ft. SMI-Great.Fox
Anything in the Core| sub-forum, or RP posted by the Core| account.
Some other stuff that I'm writing right now.

My characters:
Erik Nodtviet - Core Guildmaster
Nova Hawken - Core Paladin
Lucien Vann - APM Scientist
Ethan Archos - Merc
Zoe Valentine - LN Character of some rank I can never remember
George Masters - Junker, but technically still Grand Marauder as Cash Ivankov kept the title of Deputy Marauder
Agent Doombringer - Order Agent
Luc LeMarsh - RIP GALLIC JUNKERS 2010 - 2015
Jack McMaverick - Infected BHG
C'oldst'eel - the spoted bomad
People give you a lot of crap, not much of it is really justified in my opinion.

Not saying you cant RP, but ive never had the pleasure of your roleplay company in game.... maybe someday eh? Smile
On a real note, Luc yes, you can in fact RP, I know this.

I've enjoyed my encounters with you.

I was just making lols because that's what I do.
In the realm of constructive criticism. Your examples are very well written and quite engaging, however, having a one sided conversation is not roleplay. Admittedly, I know very little about the backgrounds of these characters, but they have laid forth some ambitious goals. What obstacles stand before them? What flaws must they transcend to obtain what they seek? Without any real conflict, it's just god-mode. Adding other players adds an x factor that you or control. Yes, it doesn't allow you to tell the story you want the way you want to, but roleplaying is a collaborative storytelling.
(04-10-2015, 02:21 AM)Tyria.Regalia Wrote: [ -> ]In the realm of constructive criticism. Your examples are very well written and quite engaging, however, having a one sided conversation is not roleplay. Admittedly, I know very little about the backgrounds of these characters, but they have laid forth some ambitious goals. What obstacles stand before them? What flaws must they transcend to obtain what they seek? Without any real conflict, it's just god-mode. Adding other players adds an x factor that you or control. Yes, it doesn't allow you to tell the story you want the way you want to, but roleplaying is a collaborative storytelling.

I'd have to second that although I do not have much experience with forum RP myself, I can't however fail to notice one flaw in operation Justiciar - Taking everything into account, you've missed the fact that growing clones takes dozens of years but what is more, growing a sufficient number of clones in order to achieve the goals you have placed before you, would take probably hundreds of years.

With that being said, your recent content is well written but its kinda one sided (in terms of collaboration and practicality, not the mere dialogs) and even a bit too far fetched.
(04-10-2015, 03:13 AM)Bloxin Wrote: [ -> ]I'd have to second that although I do not have much experience with forum RP myself, I can't however fail to notice one flaw in operation Justiciar - Taking everything into account, you've missed the fact that growing clones takes dozens of years but what is more, growing a sufficient number of clones in order to achieve the goals you have placed before you, would take probably hundreds of years.

With that being said, your recent content is well written but its kinda one sided (in terms of collaboration and practicality, not the mere dialogs) and even a bit too far fetched.
After a millenia I'd imagine cloning techniques would become far more advanced than they are now. I am planning on writing into detail about SCNT (a cloning technique) etc once I have time. I sort of highlighted some flaws in 'For The Empire' though I guess I didn't go into enough detail.

(04-10-2015, 02:21 AM)Tyria.Regalia Wrote: [ -> ]In the realm of constructive criticism. Your examples are very well written and quite engaging, however, having a one sided conversation is not roleplay. Admittedly, I know very little about the backgrounds of these characters, but they have laid forth some ambitious goals. What obstacles stand before them? What flaws must they transcend to obtain what they seek? Without any real conflict, it's just god-mode. Adding other players adds an x factor that you or control. Yes, it doesn't allow you to tell the story you want the way you want to, but roleplaying is a collaborative storytelling.
Yeah I know, I'm not amazing with backgrounds and generally I just tend to throw my characters into a scenario without fleshing them out much beforehand. I'm planning to write stories for each of my main characters from a 3rd person perspective at some point though.
Bumping this because I'm getting back into writing stuff more than just faction account RP again. I've never been the strongest writer but I hope to improve as time goes by. This is actually in preparation for a novel I want to write (yes, your pal and role-model Lythrilux wants to write a book) and practice makes perfect.

I promise there won't be any clones this time. At least there will be less clones. There may be some clones. In all seriousness I do plan to write about some radical stuff, not necessarily clones.

If you just love me and want to express how much you love me don't be afraid to. Otherwise, if you happen to be bored enough to read my material please drop some feedback if you can.
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread...pid1751443
New story. Since it'd be powergaming for anyone else to try to reveal the darker secrets of The Core as I was told by the admins long ago (well, unless I'm approached by an interested party and I approve such RP) I thought to myself "hey, why don't I do it?".

Through the eyes of Doombringer, I hope to tell a first-person story about what the true colours of The Core look like underneath all those smiles and fancy propaganda.
updated